It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: We should stay in Iraq and keep their oil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
I SWEAR a few years ago he said that the U.S. should pull out and forget about Iraq but you cannot create a mess on purpose and think you have the right to have what is that of those you invaded.

Its like me being a Brit saying ''hey,lets invade America on false grounds'' and then losing(lets face,America and her allies haven't won) and then saying ''hey we lost but since we lost many lives and spent money on this we can take what we want from you''.
Maybe this is the mentality of the U.S. government because they seem to invade and take what they want.

Wait... WHAT? Losers can somehow demand a prize and GET it nowadays? Geez. This planet IS going to hell in a handbasket!

Back in the day, the VICTORS got the prize, and if the losers tried to take it anyhow, they just got hell beat ALL out of themselves again!

"Invading and taking what you want" was not a hallmark of the losing team back in those halcyon days....

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal

Iraq will award contracts to 41 foreign oil firms in a bid to boost production that could give multinationals a potentially lucrative foothold in huge but underdeveloped oil fields, an official said on Sunday.

You really expect us to believe that the individuals directly responsible for the Iraq invasion are not stakeholders in these multinational firms? Sorry, but you're going to have to find another bridge in Brooklyn to sell us.

Uh, well, to be fair, at least he posted external sources to back up his opinion and show that it was an informed one.

I missed your sources to back your opinion up. Are they perhaps in the small print somewhere?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Trump has it right on this matter.

You win, you dictate. We should have secured a segment of their oil fields and pumped that out, sold it on the open market, and repaid those who incurred the costs of the war with Saddam.

Should have done the same damned thing with Kuwait, and even made demands of Saudi Arabia for keeping Saddam from overrunning their little dirt pile.

Folks, this will eventually have to be done. We can't afford to be everyone's rich uncle with unlimited, deep pockets.

Screw other nations.

Let's fix our own crap first. And I don't care if Khadaffi gets his mercenaries on line and kills everyone outside his palace.

Libyan affair. None of ours.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
me thinks Trump needs to stay out of politics
and stay with his not-so-reality show.

Trump !!! ... You're Fired !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join