It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much conspiracy does a man need?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Since my childhood I was fascinated my mystic and strange stuff. I did presentations for school about Hopi, the Mars face, the pyramids, the ufos ect. etc. (all pre-Internet age). So you can be sure I am very open minded since I was a kid. It always fascinated me to ask the unasked and unanswered questions in life. Also the whole spiritual part is and was always very important for me.

So when I came to ATS 2009 this was very inspiring for me to look, learn, search and share knowledge on this positive base. A long time I thought it is not possible we where on the moon, so I found all my answers here, and learned from the community & PHAGE the stuff I didn't know and came to the solution of that Moon-Hoax Problem. I know now we where there. I am now more a bit on the debunker side in this case, show the people the facts I learned with proof and simple logic.

Since a few moths something changed dramatically on ATS.COM. People seem not to be open to share knowledge anymore, everyone has a meaning, especially the incompetent people. There is much anger and hate in the posts. It's no longer a discussion it's debate. The standpoints are clear from the first written line. It's like a fight about who is right. In most "border-science" cases are the facts unknown, so it makes sense to discuss this things in a matter of believe. I mean nobody can proof or disproof the existence of god (for instance).

But some things are based on physic rules and given features. It's not a good Idea to discuss temperatures by believe. I think it's clear what I mean. But hundreds on new threads on ATS do exactly that. it's not longer possible to discuss the "higher" knowledge, because the most people also don't know the basics of what they talking about. Such things like "where is the moon?!" hurt my brain. Just to give you an example. This man looks out the window and can't see the moon. Does he take a look on a Website, no? Does he use simple logic? no. I mean sorry, if the moon goes away (how ever), We would be dead, and sure we will feel it before we can say: "Where is the fu..." We also had "the sun was out" case, etc. etc.

Until now I took this as it is. I mean, I was able to live with a certain amount of, well...."exaggeration". Then today I was watching some random videos on youtube until I saw this:

If this man gets 15 positive thumbs on youtube am I the last man not going loony?! What do you think?

How much conspiracy does a man need?

ps. I am swiss, so I'm sorry if some things are bit difficult to read.
edit on 2-4-2011 by cushycrux because: Fixed Video

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Too much text? Too arrogant? No answer in 18 hours. LOL

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Here, here. Have a free star and flag.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Here, here. Have a free star and flag.

This is exactly why I wrote this....
What about discuss this facts? instead I get stars now LOL! WUT!
edit on 3-4-2011 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Yeah I totally agree with ya. There is a certain thrill that comes with probing into the mysteries of the unknown, in uncovering the nefarious secret deeds of the powers that be, and all that. It is this excitement you feel (even for things which true would prove most horrible - admit it, we all secretly do!
) that keeps you coming back for more, turning over increasingly 'out-there' stones in search of that next mind bending truth about reality, or to feel righteous indignation at some evil agenda some government/corporation is undertaking.

In my experience I've found it can be a slippery slope; you accept one conspiracy, then another and another and before you know it you're accepting wild theories left right and center without any critical thought grounded in reality (take the 15 thumbs up to your OP video!) Around the time I first came across ATS I also discovered Alex Jones. I watched a couple of his vids and was hooked - so much doom, trust noone, grab your gun, stock up on gold and head for the hills. After a few weeks I became so depressed, I couldn't do anything else but read his website as it seemed like life as we know it is about to end any day now. Needless to say I had to extract myself from such an outlook on life.

So yeah, conspiracy theories are fun and all but things can quickly descend into speculative silliness or fearful paranoia if you don't watch out!

s&f

edit to say your English is pretty good - the odd word here or there but otherwise spot on

edit on 3/4/2011 by soldier_ant because: because

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The thing is we have to filter what we see and hear. I take a rather philosophical view of it. When you hear or read something that someone else has written or spoken, how far are you willing to go? How do you trust them? I don't care if they have 100 degrees of higher learning - how exactly do you trust what you are seeing and hearing. That is the rub.

As far as absorbing too much and being depressed about the whole planetX/NWO/war/terrorist/natural disaster thing, just do some prepping. I keep a spare laptop with backed up files in a Faraday box with a short wave radio and an inverter: sun disaster solved. I have 5 years worth of food: financial meltdown/poisoning/radiation/civil unrest solved. Just research and prepare. You'll be a lot less depressed about the whole lot.

All of the conspiracy theories that we are exposed to rely on that trust. In the end, I personally trust nobody but myself. And even then I have to consider that
A. I've misinterpreted
B. The base information is flawed.

By the way, S&F, LOL

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I know and I learned something very important. The more you a re fascinated about something (such as ufos), you must learn to be overcritical about that. I love the whole UFO stuff since I was 10 years but I never saw one. Sometimes I searched the sky for ours and ours just hoping. I saw some strange lights etc. but when I analysed them objective I always came to the conclusion that this only for me an Ufo. 30 Km away is a military airport and the airstrip is exactly oriented to me, some times I just see glowing balls, haning in the air glowing and flickering like insane. After 3 or 4 minutes, when the jet goes in a curve, you can see it's an normal F16.

self-aware is underestimated. Ego doesn't help to find objective facts. Believe is always subjective and so it's not relevant for other people then you.

Thanks for your posts people!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

The rage and anger you see in posts, is because on a conspiracy website like ATS, people have started to call each other conspiracy nut and paranoids. And the people who are behind this mainly belong to freemasonry and other such secret societies. And you can see it on every other conspiracy website on the internet.

And the reason behind it, is they want to lower your morale and make you feel bored, so that you no longer search for answers to many existential questions you have. And you don't question authority. I share with you a few dialogues from the movie My dinner with Andre.

Boredom

Are we just like bored, spoiled children
who've just been lying in the bathtub all day

just playing with their plastic duck and now
they're just thinking: "Well! what can I do?"

Okay! Yes! We're bored!
We're all bored now!

But has it ever occurred to you, that
the process that creates this boredom we see

in the world now may very well be a
self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brain-washing,

created by a world totalitarian
government based on money?

And that all of this is much
more dangerous than one thinks?

And it's not just a question
of individual survival,

but that somebody who's bored is asleep,
and somebody who's asleep will not say "no"?

They want to put you in sleep mode again.

Spreading truth through conspiracy websites is not a good option now, as it is being discredited immediately by several organized hate groups with their unintelligent and baseless rebuttals. I am not saying that we should quit such sites, but we should also start actively spreading the truth by directly telling it to our family members and friends.

I am a strong believer of golden age, and I think it would definitely come. Soon, we all are going to be liberated, but for others (elites/illuminati/Freemasons/ religious extremists etc.) who are holding on to their belief systems a little to hard would be having difficult times.

So remain happy and calm all the time.

edit on 3-4-2011 by illuminazislayer because: change is coming.

new topics

top topics

join