It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a vision of a PAY IT FOWARD project... will it manifest into reality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
If I were to present an idea to ATS... will you help it manifest?

My Goal is to ask 1,000,000 people for $1... campaigning mainly on youtube.

I haven't laid out all the details on how I will present this idea, but I searched youtube
and found one man that did something similar... except he went about it a completely
different way...

Please watch the following videos and try to imagine where this could go.

to be continued.....

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I have a better idea: Come out with a website that gathers 1 million people, they all put in $1, and one person wins a week.

That way, you get more than a million for producing a service, and not just asking for $1.

There's your website idea, courtesy of me. Not only and idea, a million dollar idea. No thanks needed.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

If are would use part of the money to join the Free State Project, then YES I will help you in every way possible!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

without a doubt I will help that project...

I'm just going to need help making my video go viral.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
I have a better idea: Come out with a website that gathers 1 million people, they all put in $1, and one person wins a week.

That way, you get more than a million for producing a service, and not just asking for $1.

There's your website idea, courtesy of me. Not only and idea, a million dollar idea. No thanks needed.

gandhi has a good idea but I wonder if state or feds would claim this is gambling or a lottery. we all know the government doesn't want any competition in emptying peoples wallets

I've seen ads for things like this; several nice motorcycles offered over the years and a house or two. I think the bikes were charity fund-raisers. one house was to get a couple out from under and it was more successful than they hoped for.

I'm no legal beagle but I'd still advise checking local regulations, just so you don't get unwanted hassles from law enforcement, IRS or the vice squad.

PS: the fund-raiser industry is lucrative and profitable. merchandising to groups involved with fund-raising is not difficult or dirty work. I think the hardest part is coming up with something new & unusual to blow some fresh air into the same old - same old.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

PS: the fund-raiser industry is lucrative and profitable. merchandising to groups involved with fund-raising is not difficult or dirty work. I think the hardest part is coming up with something new & unusual to blow some fresh air into the same old - same old.

That's my plan (something new and unusual)... I want to go for a specific target market...
and encourage others to campaign for their own PAY IT FOWARD projects.

Maybe my specific target market is for Religious types... or people who are not
to happy with the Federal Government... Or people who are not happy with the
bailouts.

If other people began the same exact idea... I would gladly donate $10-$20 every week
to keep their campaign going strong... as long as mine is working too.

I might not be able to get $1,000,000.... but what if I got $23,478 dollars?

The idea would have to manifest as well as the money... you get a few hundred
thousand people doing the exact same thing... donating $5-$10-$20 dollars
a week... and next thing you know, are bills are paid... We might not become
rich, but our bills would be paid off..... Does that make sense?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
There was a guy who did a swap thing, he started with a match box I think and swapped that for a pen and the swapped that for a snow globe then swapped that for something else and so on until eventually he got a house, it was something along those lines anyway
might of been a hoax and I cant find anything on it at the moment but you get the idea Im sure

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
reply to post by civilchallenger

without a doubt I will help that project...

I'm just going to need help making my video go viral.

In that case I'll tell you how I would do it. I think there are three important things to know before doing this:

#1 First of all, there is no way you are going to get 1 million people to *mail you* $1 each USPS. That only leaves things like Paypal. Well, Paypal and other companies charge high rates, especially on transaction of just $1. So I'd see if you can get an exclusive deal to accept either Visa or Mastercard in return for featuring their company. This makes it a little bit harder than allowing you to accept both but it would be unlikely to make a difference. In this way you can get exactly 1 million people to give exactly 1 dollar to achieve your goal.

#2 You will have to be willing to make your personality a known thing on the internet. I'm not saying you have to spill out all of your personal details, but merely get your personality out there on Youtube. Even if your personality really isn't that great it doesn't matter all that much because you'll still get a certain percentage of people who will like you enough to give you $1. And yes, they've got to like you. They are not going to say I don't like this guy but I'm going to give him $1 million dollars. They will say. I like this guy... good luck and have $1. I'm not saying you need to change who you are but rather get yourself out there and hope your current personality is at least half presentable.

#3 People are not going to want to give you $1 if they don't have a least a shred of confidence you can achieve your goal. Therefore you have to use a threshold contract. A threshold contract means that people's credit card will only be charged if the number of donors reaches 1 million. Of course a lot of the cards will end up declined by the time you reach your goal. Therefore wait until you get 1.1 million donors to charge the cards.

This whole thing is really an exercise in networking skills. Read at least one networking book such as Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" or my personal favorite "Never Eat Alone" by Keith Ferrazzi.

When people go to donate the money they should be doing so using a source they can trust. Therefore you may want to re-direct them to the webpage of a financial institution for the actual credit card information form they will be filling out. It has to be very quick and very easy to fill form.

So all of this hinges on two even bigger points:
#1 Are you willing to relish in the media attention that would encompass and possibly require? Do you really want that and if so can you become reasonably comfortable with that?

#2 While of course this can be done do you realize this will possibly take years and consume vast amounts of time? Do you tend to see through your projects until the end or do you tend to abandon all of them every time. If you tend to abandon all of them every time, then forget about it!!! On the other hand if you generally see through your projects to the triumphant (or bitter) end then I have every expectation your idea can work if "fate is on your side".

I hope you found at least some of these points valuable.

edit on 2-4-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I've re-thought how people would be paying you and I've come to a new idea. Still you wouldn't get any of the money until all of it is collected. But, people will be willing put $1 into an account such that if even if you are not successful, then the money will have a point. If you can show that while their $1 is in the account, the interest will be going towards saving the rain-forests or some such thing as that. In this way you can tally up the dollars and ensure the counter on your website will be accurate. Of course once again, you'd have to use trustworthy 3rd parties to accomplish that.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

You need help making your video viral? Show me it and if worthy, I'll feature it on my friends website.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Thank you for your reply. I'll admit I'm confused. I'm uncertain if you are looking to benefit a charity only, or if you would also like to earn a personal income from and while raising money for a charity.

There are different types of companies/entities in the eyes of the IRS. Each classification has different legal responsibilities. An entrepreneur starting a small business by herself would probably be a Sole Proprietorship, with basic accounting methods used. It use to be, for identification purposes, such a business would be titled 'Your Name D/B/A (doing business also) Fund Raising". As chief cook and bottle washer you are responsible for everything, including the risks. But you can start this type of business on a smaller budget.

I think a Charity and a Fund Raiser would be viewed as two different classifications of business.

Corporations, Limited Partnerships and the like are usually for business with access to large working capital. Good money is being spent just putting this together, because of the professionals required to do so.

It's good you are thinking about the direction you are headed with this. Defining what you are going to do and who you target market / demographic are puts the eye on the prize. Maybe it would help to then 'reverse engineer' the project. Mentally visualize what it is that you wish to accomplish. Picture the successful end result. Then try to think back of the steps required that made your business effort a successful one.

Last, have you thought about learning to write a Business Plan? Plan your work and work your plan. It's like a blueprint for building a house. A well researched and written business plan can be presented to potential investors for serious consideration. No doubt you can find a how-to online to get you started.

new topics

top topics

join