It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will NEVER be peace. ♣

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Shock factor, Yes? The concept that there will never really be peace is an odd thought and probably many will disagree, however i look at this world and see a beautifull balance between good and evil, right and wrong and moral systems so different that nobody can ever agree entirely with each other.

Of course there are Good people who will take disagreement with a pinch of salt and others who will fight for what they belive in and be considerd "hero's" for doing so, But who is right and who is wrong? Nobody, there are many ways to be right and many different paths for doing so but i think the man who fights for something that changes ignorant systems of control for the better is a man worth supporting, but then again is a good, quiet and honest man who sits at home and stays away from the anger and hatred that engulfs the world around us any less of a hero?

The fact that we all have potential to do something amazing makes us all heros, The fact that we can survive in a world where in-perfect systems have been imposed upon us to control our freedoms and the way we think makes us great, A muslim can think this, An extremist can think this, Anyone can think this AND they will fight for what they belive in. But when our beliefs and value's are so different the things that we fight for to change the world for the good contradict each other in the worst of ways.
Common ground must be discoverd and similar values must be embraced, ignorance MUST be denied but most of all poeple must put aside their differences and learn the most fundamental values of love and freindship.
But this change will be so gradual and so slow that i fear i will never see Peace in my time on this earth.

~Ted

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

As long as there are humans with different believes, different values, different cultures and different point of views, i agree there will never be peace.

It is something we all want, but i fear we will never see. And as long as corruption and greed, for money and power is prevelant in this world of ours, it can never be achieved.

VVV

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Miracles do happen. Wait for December 21, 2012. If that is the date for Ascension, then peace will reign on earth after that date.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Its a pessamistic but realistic view of the world, but maybe realising the very fact of Why there can not be peace (as described above) will lead people to discover that differences must be accepted and not acted upon, We can Hope things will change but hope requires faith and my faith is been drowned

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

You are right about there never being Peace in the world.

Peace does not generate billions of dollars in arms trade. So as long as there is money to be made from war, and very large amounts at that, then peace will lose every time.

With regards to hailing people as heroes standing up for their rights or sitting on their butts with their fingers in their ears, eyes closed tightly. Then I would say the person standing up for their rights would by far be more worhty of the the title hero, imo.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I agree with you there my freind, but to be scared of this world and retract into your own shell is quite understandable to me, we are all gripped by fear but we are defined as people by how much of a hold it has on us, all i know is that in my heart im sure im a good person and this is not the world i want to live in

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Ted, you are correct that there will never be peace. I have said this for years and many who I have said this to have disagreed with me. They are the people who have faith in the human spirit. Sadly I do not. I have seen too many of the power mongers in this world try to control the good people. The people who just want to live their lives in peace.

I have thought about this at great length. I think that all people, and this does not include the power mongers who want something different. I think all the good people in the world including all the different religions and different forms of government want the same thing. They want to live their lives in peace without the interference of people who want to control their lives. They may even have different views of life, but they want to raise their families without war and strife.They want to live life for the joy of living. To see their children grow up and not have to duck bullets. They want to be free to live as they like.

The power mongers want to control these people because they fear them. They fear them because they find joy in peace and family. The power mongers have a need to control those they cannot understand.They find joy in conflict and use it to control. These people are never satisfied with peace. Peace means no control to them and they have a driving need for control. Unfortunately we live in a time when the power mongers have gotten more control than they should have over the rest of us. This is going to come to a head soon I feel because I think that a majority of peaceful people have had enough of the power mongers and are going to rise against them. I feel this when I read threads on this site and I feel this when I talk to people that I meet. Folks have had about all they can take and the balloon is gonna burst.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
"As long as there are men, there will be wars." - Plato

Ol' boy pretty much hit the nail on the head. There have been wars and conflict since the dawn of time and there will continue to be so until the end of time. As long as one man has something that another man wants or has different beliefs different from another man, there will be war and conflict. It's just the way the world is.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Funny you should post this Ted as I was just thinking the same after hearing the news of the bombing in Ireland this weekend. I mean how long has this violence been going on. Now just imagine trying to get peace in the middle east between Israel and Palestine. There will definitely be no world peace within our lifetimes.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Its a pessamistic but realistic view of the world, but maybe realising the very fact of Why there can not be peace (as described above) will lead people to discover that differences must be accepted and not acted upon, We can Hope things will change but hope requires faith and my faith is been drowned

The problem is lack of land and lack of respect for other peoples territory. As long as people have a dog mentality(like a dog who wants a piece of your steak) that they feel they have a right to other peoples society, culture and works there will always be war.

Tolerance and acceptance cause war, because your forcing one party into a situation it doesn't want to be in.

join