It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there evidence of a decline in the female birthrate ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Hi,

Today I became an uncle, my sister had a beautiful baby boy this morning, James Oliver weighing in at 6lbs 14ozs.
No conspiracy in that you might say. Well here is the thing, over the last 2 years I've now seen 6 boys born and no girls in my immediate family. We were secretively hoping for a girl to re-address the balance but alas we’ve welcomed another baby boy into the world.

This got me to thinking, I know ATS has had topics on the decline of birth rates over the years but has anyone ever considered any evidence in relation to birth gender imbalance ?

Wikipedia has predicted birth rates until 2050 and this shows a steady decline;

Typically, high birth rates has been associated with health impairments and low life expectancy, low living standards, low status of women, and low levels of education. There are claims that as countries go through economic development and social change, population growth such as birth rate declines.

Source : en.wikipedia.org...

Moving onto the sex ratio article on Wikipedia (en.wikipedia.org... ) the CIA have estimated that the world sex ratio at birth is approximately 107 boys to 100 girls.

According to the 2007 issue of the United Nations Demographic Yearbook, there were 63 million more boys (956 million, 51.7%) than girls (893 million, 48.3%) below the age of 15 in the world.
Source : unstats.un.org...

I haven’t managed to find any birth rate statistics past 2008 for the world populations but I’m sure local variations of the sex ratio statistics are probably available in one form or another.

‘Are there more boys than girls’ does seem to be a question that comes up when researching this topic, here are a few more links that discuss;

www.rxpgnews.com...

www.allcountries.org...

www.nationmaster.com...

Has anyone else done any research on the topic or have access to more recent data than 2008 ?

I suspect that linked with lifestyles and the growing life expetancy these are contributing to this theme or perhaps there is a global conspiracy to reduce and de-stabilise population growth.
edit on 2-4-2011 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I tend to agree with your theory OP, There are a hell of a lot more young women than boys, and another thing, without coming across as perverse have you noticed how well developed younger women are these days, i put down to mother nature readdressing the balance of the sexes or the steroid chemicals coming from are food stock. After all women tend to make better leaders in the world, after all look how "man" has gone and cocked it all up for everyone. IMO S&F..

edit on 2-4-2011 by foxhoundone because: spelling mong

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

Neither are better, both can pursue illogical or purely emotional resolutions to situations. Women are just as flawed as men.

Eg, most of the women i've met or have been with have been very submissive to what I do. It has got to the point that an assertive, confident woman is a bit of a sexual "plus" for me.
edit on 2-4-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

But to clarify that I do not have a chauvinistic agenda, I have met men that have been the same. Eager to do what I do or say.

And not to hijack the thread, i will provide my input. I would say that I have met equal numbers of males and females. But I wouldn't really mind a 2:1 ratio of women to men, that's the chauvinistic side talking.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by digitalf

I don't know about that, but it seems like there are more and more women having trouble getting pregnant.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Perhaps your right, Shb, but have you noticed the amount of female teachers compared to males, Just using that as an example. Also if your hospitalised you will notice the amount of ward sisters that basically control the wards and run the nurses and doctors, So to me they make the decisions without the buck passings males tend to do..

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I think that would just be the sexual differences though. For example, women tend to be more friendly towards children, so they would find a job teaching kids much more easier to handle (from what I have seen). Regarding Nurses and such, that could probably just be due to the cultural norm of a Nurse being a female occupation. But I do understand what you mean, and yes I do see more women in nursing and teaching roles. But for example, in policing, the infamous "authority" job of a society, I have seen more men than women, as it would culturally be seen as a male role.

Population Pyramid Australia

According to this population pyramid, there were approx 7521 more 1 year old males in 2009 in Australia then there were females.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
It all started when this song came out...

edit on 2-4-2011 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

WeRpeons, I put that down to male fertility issues, The classic one for me being that when mobile phones were first put on the market for sale all men seemed to wear them near there groin, Now the amount of radiation coming from them mobiles is scary, Ive seen some men carry two, Indeed i was speaking to a maternity nurse one time and she said that the amount of hermaphrodites being born had risen a significant amount, So that could be the reason for low women pregnancies,

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

"Eg, most of the women i've met or have been with have been very submissive to what I do. It has got to the point that an assertive, confident woman is a bit of a sexual "plus" for me"

Shb, You clearly have not meet Celtic tiger women, ( Scots Orish Welsh and Cornish) they are the back bone of are communities and have a great nack for finding out the real truth, Remember Bodasia the Celtic warrior from Scotland..

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I must meet these warrior-women! But yeah, anyway i posted a population pyramid above, seems like there were a good 7,500 more male one year olds being born in 2009 then females. Atleast in Australia.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Women make better leaders? many companies have go bust because women were in charge and women bosses or leaders only think about themselves(most at least)men make better teachers,Prime Ministers and Presidents.

Its not sexist before anyone says it is,its just the roles of of the sexes in nature.

Many women i know agree with men being better leaders.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
To answer the question though....no,there seems to be too many males around these days and schools have twice as many males as females.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
To answer the question though....no,there seems to be too many males around these days and schools have twice as many males as females.

yes agreed - i suppose my suggestion is that the female population, from birth is declining, along with the birth rate as a whole - most probably due to the increase of male infertility perhaps and influences in diet and exercise.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
There is a cultural preferrence for boys over girls in many countries, including huge ones like India or China. This may be enough to account for sex ratio, no conspiracy needed..

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
the exact opposite is happening in my world. My sister just had her second girl, my cousin just had 2 girls, my other cousin has 3 girls.....i haven't heard of a boy being born in a while !!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

"Hermaphrodites" really, never heard that before! I had to look that up since I wasn't aware of the term. That's rather concerning. Not for me, but for those couples trying to have kids. My niece is trying to have kids but for some reason she can't. She's now on fertility pills which you know the problems associated with them. I have concern for cell phone use and brain tumors. I barely use mine, but my wife and kids use them as another extension of their bodies.

new topics

top topics

join