It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Jesus Swindle, Greatest lie ever told.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I'd like to quote what writer and director Joss Whedon, a proponent of humanism and a self-professed atheist, said about religion and faith, as it is something I agree with.

"Faith in God is belief in something for which there's no proof. But humanism - which is ultimately faith in humanity - is belief in something for which there is thousands of years of proof to the contrary."

And...

"Faith is not the enemy. Ignorance and hate are."

Freedom of belief and freedom of religion are essential to liberty in my opinion, and in fact - at least in my opinion - should and must be a central component of humanism. That includes faith in things others may find irrational, to be without basis, or intellectually flawed. People must have the right to believe what they wish and practice that faith accordingly, provided they aren't hurting anyone.

If someone does hurt someone or clearly is planning on doing so, and that can be proved - regardless of whether that person is religious or secular - then appropriate legal or sanctioning action should be taken in my opinion. But that is as far as we can go without being just as zealous and ignorant as some label the religious as being. Devout religious people, spiritual people, and secular atheists, agnostics, or other classifications one wishes to use, can coexist in mutual respect, compassion, tolerance, and peace.

"Faith is not the enemy. Ignorance and hate are." I could not agree with this sentiment more.

Just my two cents, as an agnostic skeptic. Peace.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewanger
Jesus is the son of God. If people would live by what he said(the words in red, in The Bible) and not what others said about him the world would be at peace. He's not like Muslims; who say to kill those who won't convert. He says that if you don't want what he offers then so be it. True Christians do not believe in violence of any kind. For country or family or anything on this earth. Jesus said: I send you out as lambs among wolves. No protection, no defense. His answer for what should we do was: Be as innocent as doves and as wise as serpents. All we have is our wits. Jesus is not a lie or a swindle. The real question is: Are you going to be a Christian or just another person trying to get by at the expense of your fellow man. Read the New Testament but only the words of Jesus(get a Bible where they are in red) and then tell me what you think.

Does Jesus say nothing about the importance of Truth? If he does, then I think it imparitive that you take another look at your statement that Muslims say to kill those who will not convert. It is simply untrue, and can be proven as such quite easily. I'm sure that you will protest that you have seen the verses yourself.....yet these verses where simply taken out of context. In fact the Bible itself can easily be twisted into saying some horrifying things, and it has been throughout history. You suggest that Muslim's kill those who will not convert....and I am sure you read a verse that you think backs that up. Well in the Bible Leviticus 24:10-16 says that a person should be killed simply for saying a blasphemy!!!! In other words, in a moment of suffering you were to lose faith and say "God Sucks" then you would be killed according to that verse!!! That's a heck of a lot worse than being put to death for being a non-believer!!! Not to mention Isaiah 14:21 which commands God's people to kill the Children of Sinners since the sins of the Father carries into their children!!!

Its verses like that from the Bible that I'm sure made you SPECIFICALLY tell people to only read Jesus's words in red.....basically cutting the Bible down to an incredibly small fraction of the material within. So how can you suggest that the Muslim religion suggests the killing of unbelievers without even a hint of hypocrisy?!?! At least in the examples I gave above, the verses really mean what they say......in all of the verses I have read suggesting horrible violence against unbelievers from the Muslim religion the verses have been taken far out of context and are generally speaking of killing unbelievers only AFTER they have already attacked you!!!!

Here is a good section describing what the Koran actually says on this subject........I was going to write this myself, but found a much more thorough debunking of the myth that the Koran says to kill unbelievers because of their beliefs from Wiki.Answers which is where I copied this from:

Nowhere in the Holy Quran one can find such a verse!!!
- First of all, it's not our business to judge people or to classify them as believers or disbelievers. God & only God judges people, reward or punish them.

- It's stated very clearly:
( Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things).
Holy Quran,(2: 256)
so,everyone is free to choose the belief they want as long as they have their mind & determination & as long as they are responsible for their choice.

- On the contrary, killing non-Muslims due to their disbelief is a very terrible sin which is strictly forbidden in Islam.
Killing in general is the worst crime ever. The Almighty God says:
(..if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people...)
Holy Quran,(5:32).

- The Almighty God states a principal golden rule for fighting in Islam, He says:
( Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors. )
Holy Quran, (2:190).
as you see this verse is general,obvious,fair & great as all the verses of the Holy Quran.

- In the Holy Quran God commands us to treat all people including non-Muslims kindly & fairly:
( Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just. Allah only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong)
Holy Quran, (60: 8-9)

- All the verses that command Muslims to fight & kill the non-believers are talking about specific people due to specific justifiable reasons in the Islamic history. Example:
(To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid. (They are) those who have been expelled from their homes in defiance of right,- (for no cause) except that they say, "our Lord is Allah".. Did not Allah check one set of people by means of another, there would surely have been pulled down monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques, in which the name of Allah is commemorated in abundant measure. Allah will certainly aid those who aid his (cause);- for verily Allah is full of Strength, Exalted in Might, (able to enforce His Will)).
Holy Quran, (22:39-40).

- Non-Muslims in general & especially the Christians & Jews have always been living in the tolerant Islamic society enjoying a great treatment, all honest historians & orientalists know that, it's admitted even by the Non-Muslims.
They are called in Islam (ahl althemma) which means "people of covenant i.e. covenant of protection & care", this covenant is given for them by the Merciful God & His last messenger Muhammad PBUH & consequently by all Muslims.
it's strictly forbidden to cause any harm to any non-Muslim, they have all political & cultural rights exactly like Muslims, they have their total freedom of worshipping.

These were really quick spotlights, in fact the Islamic teachings have a lot to do regarding the protection & the good treatment of all people regardless of their belief or disbelief.
Note: Any verse that asks Muslims to kill or fight the disbelievers doesn't ask them to do so due to the disbelief of the disbelievers. They all talk about specific fair reasons regarding specific events known historically & they shouldn't be presented out of context as the enemies of Islam do in order to deceive the people & distort the beautiful image of Islam.

Answer B

Committing Murder is Forbidden In Islam

"...if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people..." (Quran 5:32)

Some people often use the following verses to prove that islam allows killing non-muslims (without understanding the reason and historic context of revelations) :

"Remember thy lord has inspired the angels with the message. Give firmness to the believers and instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers. Smite them above their necks and smite the fingertips of them." (Quran 8.12 )

"When you encounter the unbelievers, Strike off their heads. Untill you have made a wide slaughter among them tie up the remaining captives."(Quran 47.4 )

These verses were revealed when non-muslims attacked Madina to destroy muslims. Allah (God) ordered Muslims to fight to defend their faith and lives. These verses were about 'The Battle of Badr' not for the daily affairs of Muslims. However, even during the battle Islam prohibited the killing of old person, women, and children.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said to His followers: "Do not kill any old person, any child or any woman" (Abu Dawud). "Do not kill the monks in monasteries" or "Do not kill the people who are sitting in places of worship" (Musnad of Ibn Hanbal).

Self-defence
"Fight against those who fight against you in the way of Allah, but do not transgress, for Allah does not love transgressors." (Quran 2:190)

"Allah only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong." (Quran 60:9)

"O ye who believe! take not the Jews and Christians for your patrons : they are patrons of each other; but whoso amongst you takes them for patrons, verily, he is of them, and, verily, God guides not an unjust people." (Quran 5:51)

The above verse is reffering to hypocrites because the hypocrites would secretly aid the disbelievers against the Muslims. Otherwise quran doesn't forbids muslims to have non-muslims as friends.

"Allah does not forbid you as regards those who did not fight you on account of faith, and did not expel you from your homes, that you do good to them, and deal justly with them. Surely Allah loves those who maintain justice." (Quran 60:8)

So the following verse is about self defence (not violence) when the muslims were attacked:
"Remember thy lord has inspired the angels with the message. Give firmness to the believers and instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers. Smite them above their necks and smite the fingertips of them." (Quran 8.12 )

Self-defence is not a bad thing.

"Would you not fight people who violated their treaties, tried to banish the messenger, and they are the ones who started the war in the first place? Are you afraid of them? GOD is the One you are supposed to fear, if you are believers. " (Quran 9:13)

Muslims are forbidden to fight if enemy wants peace:

"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in God: for He is One that hears and knows (all things)." (Quran 8:61)

"If the idol worshipers sign a peace treaty with you, and do not violate it, nor band together with others against you, you shall fulfill your treaty with them until the expiration date. GOD loves the righteous." (Quran 9:4)

"If one of the idol worshipers sought safe passage with you, you shall grant him safe passage, so that he can hear the word of GOD, then send him back to his place of security. That is because they are people who do not know." (Quran 9:6)

Islam forbids killing infedils, even it forbids using abusive language against non muslims:

"Do not revile those whom they invoke other than Allah." (Quran 6:108)

"Invite (people) to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good counsel. And argue with them in the best of manners. Surely, your Lord knows best the one who deviates from His way, and He knows best the ones who are on the right path." (Quran 16:125)

Whoever converts to islam because of fear or greed is hypocrite; Islam forbids forced conversion:

"There shall be no compulsion in religion: the right way is now distinct from the wrong way. Anyone who denounces the devil and believes in GOD has grasped the strongest bond; one that never breaks. GOD is Hearer, Omniscient." (Quran 2:256)
no because it's haram to kill any infidel's or human beings

Read more: wiki.answers.com...
edit on 3-4-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Changed the wording of one line

edit on 3-4-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Added paragraph break

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The Holy Spirit is a unique spirit only given by God in Jesus name. The evidence of this spirit is recorded in miracles tongues and the new birth of ones soul. Becareful how you respond to my reply as Jesus Himself has placed an Almighty curse upon people bad mouthing the Holy Spirit which was released to the world after the ressurrection to all mankind and also to some special people and prophets before the coming of Yeshua Messuah Jesus Christ. The problem we have here on earth is that as prior poster said hardly any organised religion listens or follows the words of Jesus ...instead they create their own interpretations and brainwash it unto any gullible poor soul searching for God.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Boy there sure are a lot of Christ haters these days. It's funny how you post-modernist atheists love to attack Jesus. If you believe he's just a fairy tale why don't you attack say the tooth fairy or even Muhammed?

It sure is offensive those Jesus teachings, you know things like "Love your neighbor as yourself." or "Love your enemies.". Yup that's bound to destroy society. But moral relativism, sexual immorality, drug abuse and the destruction of the family, all the fruits of post-modernism sure have helped you guys.

Now Jesus told us he would be reviled by the antichrists in the last days. I guess you guys fit the bill. I think actually you do believe in Jesus, and hate him. Thus you are religous after all. You are devil worshippers. That's the only explanation that's consistent with the targeted vitriol.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
So lets say you know this guy, he's a nice guy and an eloquent speaker. He encourages critical thinking and evaluation of yourself. He challenges the powers that be and develops an entourage of followers that sing the praises of his free thinking. Because of his popularity and influence TPTB take notice and begin a campaign against free thinking and target this guy as a fraudelent dissemenator of misinformation and malice toward government organized religion. Their solution, kill him. What happens from there is a matter of one's faith and personal belief.
It is not up to us to judge another mans personal belief or his faith in a diety. That is the cause of war and suffering. If a man chooses to share his belief or faith with you it is not an attack on your own beliefs or faith it is a discussion, an attempt at conversation, perhaps a belief that he is sharing good news with his fellow man. Free will allows us to make our own decisions based on the information we receive. Choose to believe what you wish to believe, but to judge another based on his beliefs is the epitimy of hypocrisy. Love breeds peace.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

The more were the blasphemies, the more crystal was becoming Jesus:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Read about the Christianity as it was in the beginning.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
If people don't believe in Jesus, fine, but why the constant obsession with the man by those who don't believe?
Telling christians that Jesus is baloney is like telling those who believe in ETs that we are alone in the Universe and they are idiots for believing we aren't.
People believe what they want to believe, so why not just leave them alone with their beliefs if it brings them happiness?
People aren't going to give up their christian beliefs so I don't know why non believers even bother.

edit on 3-4-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I have no clue, but you do? I'm not buying your claim. The babble has so many different interpretations by so many different people who claim that their interpretations are correct, yet you're trying to tell me that there is one single message and you claim to have exclusive knowledge of it. How do you know that your interpretation is the correct one? By the way, I don't care about what a poorly translated copy of another copy of an ancient text says. I don't base my life on religious messages and I don't have to.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Interesting comment from someone who has no understanding of spirit, what it is, what it does, where it is going, and what it will do. Christianity seems to point to spirit living in a body not a body trying to find spirituality. At least thats what the Bible teaches.

If spirit is spirit then nothing is impossible and our minds couldn't comprehend it (which is why posters like this one say what they say). I think you'll find all the books of the NT were written by people who were alive when Jesus was..all of them.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625

I have no clue, but you do? I'm not buying your claim. The babble has so many different interpretations by so many different people who claim that their interpretations are correct, yet you're trying to tell me that there is one single message and you claim to have exclusive knowledge of it. How do you know that your interpretation is the correct one? By the way, I don't care about what a poorly translated copy of another copy of an ancient text says. I don't base my life on religious messages and I don't have to.

Not one message but a collection of many.. well I take that back.. One message, yes.. This was my challenge to you, that you test it by the doing of what it says. This is what most people who bash the Bible don't get. In the doing of the sayings, the words become alive in a real and personal way to influence your life for the better. That is the one message but it can only be perceived in a way that has any personal meaning to you if you do it.

Think of it like a big self help book, say "How to win friends and influence people" or " the power of positive thinking" but on a much grander scale.

You will call it hogwash, but for these purposes call it mental conditioning, or self hypnosis. When you live the words something akin to magic starts to happen. It changes things around you so you don't fight so hard with this life. These words, if lived, simply work. Why? Who knows.. is it really God? Is it all in your head? The fact is those who do this see the "miracle" of their life changing for the better. That's my point. Unless you get to that point you really cannot understand what people see in it. I'm thinking you just never got to that point.

Now of course you don't have to believe me or try this awesome thing but that's why I say unless you can know these things from first hand experience, you really don't know anything about the Bible at all - you will not see what people se in it.. but you cannot say it does not work.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I like what Hidden Hand has to say about the nature of Yahweh and Lucifer:

Let us get to the crux of the matter.

Your Creator, the one you have called 'Yahweh', is not "God" inasmuch as your bible refers to him as being "the One True God". He is 'a' Creator (or Sub-Sub-Logos) rather than the One Infinite Creator. He is not even a Galactic level Logos, but rather, is the Planetary Logos for this one planet.

Our Creator, is the one you refer to as 'Lucifer', "The Light Bearer" and "Bright and Morning Star". Our Creator is not "The Devil" as he has been spuriously portrayed in your bible. Lucifer is what you would call a "Group Soul" or "Social Memory Complex", which has evolved to the level of the Sixth Density, which in effect, means that he (or more accurately "'we") has evolved to a level sufficient that he (we) has attained a status equal or arguably 'greater' than that of Yahweh (we have evolved higher than him). In appearance, were you to gaze upon Lucifer's fullest expression of our Being, the appearance would be that of a Sun or a "Bright Star". Or, when stepping down into a 3rd Density vibration, we would appear as what you may term an 'Angel' or 'Light Being'.

Allow me to elucidate:

When an entity (Group Soul Complex) evolves to the level of the Sixth Density, it is by comparison to the amount of time it takes to get that far, a mere hop skip and a jump from 8th Density Ultimate Re-Union with The One Infinite Creator, and then from there, back to dissolution into the Source of All, Intelligent Infinity.

We (our Bloodline Families), as a Group Soul or Social Memory Complex (Lucifer), were on the verge of Seventh Density Ascension, though at this level, before Harvest comes, we have the choice to progress higher, or, to return to help others of lower densities with their own evolution, by passing down our knowledge and Wisdom (Light) to those that call upon us for assistance, with their own Free Will.

Now, at this time, having made our decision to stay and help our Galactic Brothers and Sisters in The One, we were assigned a challenging task by the Council of Elders, who act as the Guardians of this Galaxy from their Eighth Density 'Head Quarters' on the planet Saturn.

Yahweh, due to the fact that he had NOT (as was his right as Planetary Logos) handed down his own Free Will to "know thyself" to those incarnating upon 'his' planet, was having very little evolutionary progress therein. So we (Lucifer) were sent to help. Once the order was given from the Council of Elders, we "Fell", or Descended back to a place where we could, with hard work and focus, once again materialize a 3rd Density manifestation of ourself.

Yahweh had agreed to our coming, in fact it was he who had initially asked the Council for a "Catalyst" of change to enter into his Creation, and share the knowledge and wisdom we had attained through our Ascensions. In the absence of Free Will upon the planet, there can be no Polarity, and therefore, nothing to 'choose' between. Just as is portrayed in the book of Genesis, the planet was very "Edenic" in nature. Sure, it was a lovely 'paradise', yet the Beings incarnating there had no agitator toward evolving beyond the 3rd Density, and therefore, little hope of ever making the journey Home, to The One. Yahweh has been happy to keep his own little pet Eden Project in effect, but with little chance of the Souls here making it Home, it had become in effect, an albeit very beautiful 'Prison'. Yahweh was, in modern parlance, running a benign dictatorship.

Without Polarity, (derived from Free Will), there is only the Unity of Love and Light, and no choice to experience 'other than' that. So, we were to be the Catalyst for change, in order to provide that choice, thus bringing Polarity. Yahweh agreed that we would introduce the concept of Free Will to Earth's inhabitants, by offering them an initial choice, as to whether they 'wanted' it or not. Hence, "The Tree of the Knowledge of 'Good and Evil'" (or more accurately, the Knowledge of Polarity, of Positive or Negative). Yahweh takes his inhabitants to a new 'garden' and tells them you can do anything you like, except this one thing, thus creating the desire to do the one thing there are told they cannot. Hence, a "Choice". We provide the Catalyst by telling them the benefits of attaining Knowledge, they eat from the tree, and the rest is history.

Yahweh thought that his 'Children' would still choose to obey him, and when he discovered they did not, he became angry. As he himself describes in his scriptures, he is a "Jealous God", and he did not like it that his 'children' had chose to disobey him, and follow our advice. We're already committed to being here for a predefined set of "Cycles" to help provide the Catalyst for Human evolution, namely by offering you the Negative Option, or that which you choose to call "evil". Now that Free Will had been granted, Yahweh could not retract it, and we have to stay here as contracted to continue to provide the planet with the Polarity choice. Since then, Yahweh has confined us (as a Group Soul) here within the Earth's Astral Planes (which is very constricting and uncomfortable for a Being of our Wisdom and experience). The Council of Elders gave us the choice to be released (against Yahweh's will), but at the cancellation of our contract to Serve the planet earth; or to remain and fulfil our assignment, and endure Yahweh's self proclaimed "Wrath". We stayed, but as a karmic result of our Group Soul's confinement by Yahweh, our own individuated Souls were given the mandate (by The Council) to "Rule" over Yahweh's people during our physical incarnations here on your planet.

Let's be clear about one thing though. All of this (physical life / incarnation), is a very intricate and skillfully designed Game, whereby the One Infinite Creator, plays the game of forgetting who It is, so that It can learn to remember, and in doing so, experience and know Itself as Creator. All the way down to us tiny individuated sparks of the All That Is. Off stage, and between "Lives" (zero-point time / anti-matter Universe) as incarnated "human beings", we, all of us / you (as Souls), are great friends. Brothers and Sisters in The One.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Jesus was a (great) man CHRIST is a title which means "anointed one". Jesus was a Christ. Buddah also means "annointed one". Also a title. The Christ comes to different cultures as different incarnations with the same message. Love thy neighbor, and love God. THE SAME MESSAGE IN ALL CULTURES.

I, for One, can hardly wait until those who blaspheme my Name. You are not of my father and I know you not! Go seek your Armageddon against the followers of Mohammad and begone from my planet!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

I don't think you understand. I'm also against unproven beliefs, not just religion. You assert your "heavenly father" and "savior" in your statement, yet there is no evidence for its existence. I don't give a flying f### about your "heavenly father" or 'god' as it's usually called. Removing religion would be great. After that, all that remain are unjustified supernatural beliefs.

You do realize that men will always fight for money and power don't you?
Remove all religion and men will still find something to start wars over.
Before God made Himself known, men fought over territory, women, and food. How will that ever change?
You all talk like" remove religion and viola, utopia." Nonsense!!!!! never has been, never will be, not with the egos of men in charge.

I have nothing to lose if I'm wrong about God.
Non-believers would have everything to lose, for eternity.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
forgive me op for not reading through everyones posts , ill tell you how i feel , i used to be a Christian , and now i am a Muslim , i have stated this in almost every thread like this , and here is how i feel about Christ , i look at it this way , through out history their has never been a man born without a woman , we have books that tell us their has been , but never proof , also their has never been a man born to a vergin that we know of , but their are books that tell us so , so this means that Jesus was born like a normal man from a woman ..and thats what the books tell us , we must rely on faith to believe this , but if you rely on common sens then people will lable you a none believer and tell you your crazy for not believing.. but if you go out side and look around at the world you will find proof that something created us and this world , what ever or who ever it was must be one smart feller , and this feller would be god , so their is proof that god exists ,we see the proof everyday , but the only proof we see of the exsistance of gods only son is in a small book ... i often wonder how one man is the son of god who was born like we were but yet we are not the children of god ether ? ...so if you can understand my words here then you will understand the belief of a man who believes and knows their is a god, and that we are all his children . and like god we have the power to create life and the power to take it .. but most of all we have the power to love ...

but maybe some one out their can answer my question : did god create Jesus or did man create Jesus ?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Of course I can say it doesn't work. You're trying to avoid my objection by claiming that I just misunderstood the "true" meaning of the book. Did I not just explain how many different interpretations there are? You didn't write the book, so you have absolutely no idea what the true message is. I read it and I realized that I could no longer support it due to the overwhelming multitude of absurdities it contains. Why the hell would I want to base my life on a book that claims some old man gathered two to several of every kind of animal on the planet in a short amount of time and crammed all of them into a boat that had insufficient space to begin with? Why the hell would I want to base my life on a book that claims some magical deity created everything instantly and demands to be worshiped or else he will punish all unbelievers in a realm of eternal torture for simply rejecting his tyrannical dictatorship? You give me a good reason why I should consider the babble to be a good source of morality, then we'll go from there. However, I highly doubt that you could ever convince me to live my life by it. My title explicitly states that I am an anti-theist and I am also against xtianity. I replace it with an 'x' because I can't even stand the word.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Another anti-religion thread, don't you understand that what you do here is dangerous? Religion is not perfect, but that's because people are involved, at least the tenants of religion are worth standing by, even if lots of bigots at heart become a hiss and a byword to true religion. Any true religion worth it's salt involves treating your fellow man with respect; now if mankind could get that one down then maybe they would be worthy of receiving more information about their existence, future potential and probable destiny from Diety.
edit on 3-4-2011 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Nonbelievers have everything to lose? THAT is nonsense. What if the nonbeliever doesn't care about gods or paradises? I certainly don't give a damn about being rewarded for surrendering myself to a tyrant, so I have absolutely nothing to lose if that type of god existed. Seems to me that you're a xtian.

I have something to tell you. I don't care about your conceptual god, I don't care about your holy babble, I don't care about your supposed relationship with this conceptual god, I don't care about the conceptual reward/punishment system and I certainly don't give a damn about religion in its entirety. If your god existed, I would rather go to hell than to live forever with a tyrannical dictator and all of his obsessive fans. I, as a nonbeliever, would lose absolutely nothing. Don't assert your beliefs until you can prove that they are true. If you can't prove it, don't claim it. That's the end of it.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Jordan River: is it just my crazy mind, or does your avatar suggest an angry turtle coming down from the sky and eating out some ones spread-eagled crotch, while sparks shoot out of their an*s???

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Boy there sure are a lot of Christ haters these days. It's funny how you post-modernist atheists love to attack Jesus. If you believe he's just a fairy tale why don't you attack say the tooth fairy or even Muhammed?

The reason I won't attack Islam and or Mohammed is because I don't take that religion serious, Islam sounds to me like some extended version of Christianity but with a more "Arabic" twist to it. I compare it to something like: 1001 nights.

So you can take that as a compliment to your Chrsitian beliefs, I take Christianity serious.
edit on 3-4-2011 by notimportant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant

Originally posted by SevenThunders

The reason I won't attack Islam and or Mohammed is because I don't take that religion serious, Islam sounds to me like some extended version of Christianity but with a more "Arabic" twist to it. I compare it to something like: 1001 nights.

So you can take that as a compliment to your Chrsitian beliefs, I take Christianity serious.
edit on 3-4-2011 by notimportant because: (no reason given)

please , Christ - Christianity ,, your statement here is not correct , Islam does not believe that Jesus Nor Mohamed was the Messiah , we believe they were prophets of god , people that truly had and understanding of god and how to live a life according to his commandments , your free to take the religion how ever you want but please forgive me but i had to correct your statement here , for the sake of other readers , but i will tell you your not far off the path my good man , for we who believe in god are all climbing in the same tree ,but we are just on different branches, some may break and some may fall short ,but we all make it to the top ,

thanks much

brother Shamil : la ilaha illallah muhammadur rasulullah ( their is no god but god and Muhammad was his messenger )
edit on 3-4-2011 by Nephi1337 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join