It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Jesus Swindle, Greatest lie ever told.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Praise the lord for small mercies,I am blaming god for that,easy option,hes up there where the hotair lives.

edit on 2-4-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Let's also look at how one particular scroll seems to have been deliberately omitted from the bible, and very likely buried.. luckily, not destroyed..
The gospel of Judas..

The Gospel of Judas gives a different view of the relationship between Jesus and Judas, offering new insights into the disciple who betrayed Jesus. Unlike the accounts in the canonical Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, in which Judas is portrayed as a reviled traitor, this newly discovered Gospel portrays Judas as acting at Jesus' request when he hands Jesus over to the authorities.

www.nationalgeographic.com...

Today, many use the name Judas in order to persecute someone.. when, in fact, it should be the opposite..

And why oh why do we really need to make 300 changes to a book that has had a multitude of changes in its past already..
It has gone way past its original meaning.. it is being changed in order to suit the modern day... this should not be so unless its power was weakening and its 'word' less meaningful... to change it is to change the people that read it.
Editing in order to control power over others.
300 changes to bible

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Because what supposedly happened 2000 years ago still is affecting us today.. there's a book readily available in many places that proves this...

This book and events are a major part in everything that is going on now..

It's a sad thing to say, but some even believe it is a part of the events in Japan.. (an act of God)
Even the recent uprising in Afghanistan regarding the burning of another popular book might be considered by some as an act of God..

Rather, it is the acts of men under a false illusion of something that they think exists. All in the name of a some higher power..well they think so anyway..

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

Harassment? Care to prove your case for harassment? I think you are throwing words which don't even make sense to try and prove a nonsensical point.

It is kind of funny you think religion is the root of all evil, but I think it can be argued that money and humanity is the root of this Earth's evil. You can also argue that the 7 deadly sins bring evil into this world, of course you don't have to agree you can think religion is the only root of all evil. Without religion we would have a Utopic society run by fairies and wizards.

Back to the topic, I personally learned a lot from the Bible. I didn't learn to kill like what many think the Bible teaches, I didn't learn to stone an adulterer. Religion is what you make of it. IF someone has a negative life they will have a negative perception on reality. If they have a negative outlook on life it wouldn't matter if you're a Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, New Ager, Muslim, or a native you will still have a negative outlook, unless you choose to make the change.

The Bible doesn't teach ignorance, people learn it themselves. The Bible doesn't have all the answers to our society so people must come to their own conclusions. You are responsible for your own actions.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Lets bring back a corpse from 2000 years ago and ask it some questions,silence,my god silence,yet again silence,will the real corpse stand up and tell us why we are all to fight over yada ,yada,and leave dead bodies in our wake for so called godly glory BS
NOW IS THE TIME !
Not 2000 years ago..Stop the corpses,please the news is like a m jackson music video gone real.And another corpse is coming back from...,the world is full of blind people,lets kill in the name of..BS
Would yeshua please step up to the plate and tell us why these bums are raining on everbodies parade(life)
The story itself is narratively enigmatic and allureing ,magical,mystical,contestable,and at times Fullabull,but it does`nt change the world today,if yeshua popped down to see what was happening from another dimension in the supposed second coming ,we`d all still blow the **** out of him,eat of my flesh in rememberance of me,he said.
Actually he meant eat my flesh because we are all animals and would ,what a laugh,that guy had some sense of humour,too bad somebody did`nt see the funny side and turned him into deadmeat. .
Turkish shish Kebab anyone

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

I don't know why everyone blames Jesus, after all his teachings are not bad, I can only see good things. Also Jesus did not start the crusades and did not instruct to kill in his name or start any crusades, Jesus did not tell people to start the inquisition to torture people, there are no such instructions. It was all the roman empire, but people some how gets to blame Jesus over some evil .!@#@ bastards that made a whole religion to control people.

.. who knows he may be the son of god, there is no way of knowing, one thing is for sure, he gets the blame of what christianity has done over the 2000 years, none of what his teachings were about.

edit on 2-4-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by notimportant

And what about your country (us) which start wars in the name of the "christian god" in other country's, you are on the wrong side my friend, but to blind to see the whole image......

I'm so sick of these lies. Post some evidence please that states we started any recent wars in the name of God. Don't even mention the crusades, way too long ago, and was retaliation for wars prior to that, they all fought in the name of their God. Always the evil US, do you have any freakin idea what good things we do for the world, No? Well I strongly suggest you check it out. Our goverment isn't the only citizens in this country, there are tons of great people here that are loving and non-violent, and only want to live in peace, wow, just like a lot of other citizens across the world, what a coincidence.
Same old stupid argument.
"your evil, no your evil...my God is better, no my God is better.
Wake up people, it all started with the one story and was manipulated by Men to serve their purpose. That's it. Religion is not bad, men are. BIG DIFFERENCE.

OP,The Westboro church is not a real church so to speak, it has few members that are family. Not what I'd call a typical group of Christians, more like a group of demons.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by notimportant

The KKK actually originated to surpress the Black Republicans during the Reconstruction Era following the Civil War. Eventually they reformed in the early 90's to push a white supremicist agenda, preaching hate against Jews, Catholics, blacks, Asians, immigrants, etc. Don't try to use the KKK as a hand of Christianity. That is not why it was started and never has been.

Having said that I think the atrocities that have been carried out in the name of God are unforgivable. The Creator did not place us here for wars and violence. We need love and unity. Somewhere along the way, humanity lost that.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Exactly tell the westbro nuts that ,elected community fruitcakes that take writings of a sad tale in history and augment it the same as traditional s to fit a controlling bunch of freaks that need somebody else to tell them how to live because they ain`t got the brains how too,now that is scary,people who don`t know themselves and will blame yeshua for everything when hes 2000 years in the past,somebody got a delorean so we can go back to the past and he can judge all these madnobrainers,now that would be interesting..
Its a story read it and learn,nero read about him and learn,plato read about him and learn,man lifes to short,how many autobiographies do people need,how long does it take before some of these nuts realize.
Lifes to short ,am out of here,rollin with the dice(probables not parables) gringo.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by Condemned0625

Harassment? Care to prove your case for harassment? I think you are throwing words which don't even make sense to try and prove a nonsensical point.

It is kind of funny you think religion is the root of all evil, but I think it can be argued that money and humanity is the root of this Earth's evil. You can also argue that the 7 deadly sins bring evil into this world, of course you don't have to agree you can think religion is the only root of all evil. Without religion we would have a Utopic society run by fairies and wizards.

Back to the topic, I personally learned a lot from the Bible. I didn't learn to kill like what many think the Bible teaches, I didn't learn to stone an adulterer. Religion is what you make of it. IF someone has a negative life they will have a negative perception on reality. If they have a negative outlook on life it wouldn't matter if you're a Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, New Ager, Muslim, or a native you will still have a negative outlook, unless you choose to make the change.

The Bible doesn't teach ignorance, people learn it themselves. The Bible doesn't have all the answers to our society so people must come to their own conclusions. You are responsible for your own actions.

You think I am using words that don't make sense? That's all you needed to say before you went onto the rest. That proves your response is an opinion, not a fact. Of course I'm responsible for my own actions. You didn't need to waste your time explaining a bunch of things that I already know. If you're going to underestimate someone's intelligence, do so at the correct time when a non-intelligent person is present. I don't care about the "root of all evil" concept. There's no universal law that establishes one particular thing as the root or cause of all instances of a concept (evil). Religious people think their gods' adversaries are the roots of all evil, others think money is the root of all evil, others think religion is the root, etc.

It is kind of funny you think religion is the root of all evil, but I think it can be argued that money and humanity is the root of this Earth's evil.

Is that a fact? You need evidence to support it. It is kind of funny how you claim that I said religion is the root of all evil. In fact, I never said that at all. I don't always view 'evil' as a bad thing and I don't always view 'good' as a good thing, so your argument is useless to me at this point. I don't even use the concepts of good and evil when I review certain topics and behaviors. I just consider religious fundamentalists to be morons/***holes while I consider non-religious and anti-religious people to be intelligent, honest and much nicer. "Think, think, think...." Is there anything you know?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Are you really that blind? Why were the changes made?
Too serve "MEN" that's it.
All the books were written by men, men that wanted to rule the world and control people. Humans turn all good into evil every chance they get just to make a buck.
Money is man's God now.
Anyone with a brain can see that the degrading of women was a diliberate lie to keep women subserveant. Women are portrayed as the original sinner because the men back then had no idea why they felt lust and why there were "changes" to their bodies when they saw a beautiful woman. Therefore, they must have bewitched them, seduced Adam to take a bite and sin. According to their version, women are the cause we no longer live in Eden.
Dumb!!!! That's what the men were/are, just dumb.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

Post some evidence please that states we started any recent wars in the name of God.

OP,The Westboro church is not a real church so to speak, it has few members that are family. Not what I'd call a typical group of Christians, more like a group of demons.

How about this snippit of info...how true it is is for further research...but..

Despite the repeated attempts of former President George W. Bush to renege on his usage of the word "crusade" to describe the Iraq War, there are some in the evangelical community who suspected all along that for Bush and his top aides, the Iraq War was indeed a holy war. At the time, the majority of evangelicals--including myself--cheered as the President and his top aides cast the Iraq war in moralistic terms, invoking the name of God to bless the bombs dropped by U.S. planes in the initial "shock and awe" campaign.

When other Christians tried to tell us that invoking the name of God to bless the invasion of a sovereign nation was wrong, we laughed and mocked. Who in the world--other than liberals of course-- actually believes that the President of the United States of America would launch a modern day crusade? It turns out that the minority was right. I was wrong.

Earlier this week GQ magazine released a set of memos from none other than the former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld. In a set of memos placed on Bush's desk every morning over a period of several months (titled the World Wide Intelligence Update), Rumsfeld quoted numerous passages from the Bible and superimposd them against a backdrop of soldiers, tanks, and fighter planes. Read more: www.articlesbase.com... Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

www.articlesbase.com...

And thanks for the info about that 'family'... still pretty messed up imo if they g around doing all that in the name of anyone.. real odd...
and on a similar line... but with no focus on anyone..

Stern, an expert on terrorism and a lecturer on the subject at Harvard, did something no one else has done. She decided to learn more about what makes terrorist ticks by going to the source and interviewing them. Stern, in her introduction, is frank about her goals and her fears in traveling around the world, at risk to herself, in order to first hand talk with individuals who "kill in the name of God." And she is an equal opportunity researcher: she interviews Christian, Jewish and Islamic terrorists.

www.buzzflash.com...
edit on 2-4-2011 by Extralien because: tag placing

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by venusstarlite
Jesus,taught us to love not to hate.Jesus,also ate with the sinners,he didn't choose,he loved everyone. I,am sorry,you all got Jesus down your throats.This isn't what Jesus,told us to do. But at the same time,he gave us freewill to choose. We all know right from wrong,Yes,I,am a Christian,but I, have a message from God.He really loves you,seek and you shall find! I,have come to the conclusion,that mankind doesn't have the answers! Also,that churches have made it hard for people to find Jesus. Jesus taught out in public,church isn't in a building. The building is for us together to praise our lord. Also Saturday is the Sabbath,the bible and Gods word hasn't changed.The Jews,knew Gods word,the Torah.But,the scales will fall from their eyes,when Jesus comes back as the MESSIAH. Jesus ,is a Jew,he went by the bible,like one day is evening to evening.Mankind changed this. Just like our calender,is suppose to be 360 days,not 365. Also,Jesus said to remember his memorial, Easter,is a pagan holiday,i can prove this.Mankind is to do his memorial,on the Sabbath,but not call it Easter. Just like when he was really born,once I,can do threads,I,will show you all the proof,of Gods word,by the bible and mankind's findings,in Jerusalem. Mankind has proven facts are true,about our bible,more everyday. God doesn't want to lose any of us. I,know its hard to know what truth is any more. Please,BEFORE you judge ,please watch my threads and follow me.I,promise I,will take you on a very meaning path for your life. I,am not here to judge,only Jesus can do that. It hurts him every time mankind walks away. So when I, can make my threads,I,will answer all your questions and help the best,i, can.I,study hard to know the true facts,not what anyone just tells me.I,will not pressure you,I,will always tell you the truth.I,am a member,of a Baptist church,but I, don't go by everything all the churches tells us.I,go find the true facts and I,don't go accept every thing they say as factual. Until,I,check it out for myself. I,am at you tube.com as venusstarlite,and thevenusstarlite. Also i am melody edington at facebook,and venusstarlite at twitter. I,have nothing to hide,that's why you get my real name. I,Will be writing more,I,promise.....God is really wonderful,honestly! In Jesus name amen.

You and everyone else seems to KNOW the REAL TRUTH...and are are willing to teach it to me.....unfortunatly you all disagree on what thet TRUTH is so think i will opt out on that teaching ...but thanks.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

You made some very valid and reasonable points just there.. but blind I am not.. otherwise I would not have created this thread and made the comment you are replying to.. please re-read it and try to see the point I was making..

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Very clever.
But the majority of citizens knew we were going into Iraq as a direct result of 9-11 (not here to debate this issue, just making a point). Not one single time did I hear that we were lauching a crusade in the name of GOD. Our everyday culture is filled with religious references i.e. sporting events for one example. Saying a prayer on the field for everyone to be safe does not mean one team is lauching a crusade in the name of God, see the difference?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Jesus taught love not hate.
That's pretty much in agreement across the board.
Do you have a problem with that message? Someone simply and kindly says God is good and you attack them?
WTH is wrong with you?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I... just can't.. comment on another religulous thread. The video is hilarious - poignant and perfectly reasonable - to those who believe that Julius Caesar is their saviour - I would suggest they pull the WOOL off from over their eyes.

You really think God..ahem "God" would send his ONLY son to one of the most lonely quadrants in the Universe?? What about the other gnats?!?!

Jesus = Hey Zeus! = Hey Jupiter = Hey, Enlil! -wonder where we get the world "enlightenment"??

EXPAND YOUR MIND - caps used intentionally for emphasis.
edit on 2-4-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by Char-Lee

Jesus taught love not hate.
That's pretty much in agreement across the board.
Do you have a problem with that message? Someone simply and kindly says God is good and you attack them?
WTH is wrong with you?

Which Jesus? The one who said give your bones to Caesar (the Pope) and your soul to God? Laughable.

I can list 500 people that teach love - what makes Jesus so special? I could come up with a terrible list of people who died a more tragic death than Jesus - The Poster Child of the Modern Roman Empire - how easily deceived so many are...

edit - i was skinned alive in a previous life - i have memories of it, visions from childhood - did I die for your sins? Or do you die for your own?
edit on 2-4-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Umm, What?
Sorry, your post is not comprehensible.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I think this sums it up.

"But I have ever thought religion a concern purely between our God and our consciences, for which we were accountable to him, and not to the priests. I never told my own religion, nor scrutinized that of another. I never attempted to make a convert, nor wished to change another's creed. I have ever judged of the religion of others by their lives, For it is in our lives, and not from our words, that our religion must be read. By the same test the world must judge me. But this does not satisfy the priesthood. They must have a positive, a declared assent to all their interested absurdities. My opinion is that there would never have been an infidel, if there had never been a priest. The artificial structures they have built on the purest of all moral systems, for the purpose of deriving from it pence and power, revolts those who think for themselves, and who read in that system only what is really there."
- Thomas Jefferson

Screw religion, I live for the relationship with God. Christianity has been misconstrued so badly because of human flaw, not because of God. He didn't order all the deaths christianity has caused. The priests and intolerant humans caused that. " My opinion is that there would never have been an infidel, if there had never been a priest. " It's all about you, and your relationship with God, nothing else.

I know this is not going to do a thing to change minds, people have their own preconceived notions...and will continue with the attack on Jesus. But if one would just look at the fact that all he teaches us is to help, hope, care, learn, pray and love.

Where is the problem with that? Even if i'm totally wrong, I don't care. At least I'll know while I was here I always tried to do those 6 things, and thats what all people should do for this world in their short stay here..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join