It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Jesus Swindle, Greatest lie ever told.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

You are missing the point..

The creation of some supposedly all superior being that has been used to instill fear has caused many ghosts/spirits to not cross over into whatever it is that may or may not come next.

some say into another life, which could cover heaven, reincarnation or as a pure energy that combines with the universe or even into another dimension.

Whatever comes next after this life is a bigger theoretical discussion than this topic can currently cover.

Just because ghosts/spirits exist that does not prove that there is a god.. it could possibly show that they are still in a deep fear that they carried over with them...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God

That's hilarious... you don't believe in God but you believe in ghosts/spirits...

Ever heard of the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit? Yep God started it long before Jason and Grant on Ghost Hunters.

I believe in a Creator, but not in the Christian monotheistic 'God'. I believe in spirits of all kinds, but they all are a part of the Greater Spirit. The monotheistic God didn't start this, It was going millenia before the notion became a religion in Jerusalem.

In fact, the idea of a monotheistic God came out of Egypt and was invented by an idiot named Akhenaten who ruled around 1330BC. The people of Egypt didn't think much of his idea either and sent him packing. There's some who think Moses was indeed Akhenaten:

Akhenaten was banished from Egypt and fled to the land of Midian. Here, he took another wife, an Israelite named Zipporah. Nefertiti had died a short while before. He then made arrangements to return to Egypt to retrieve his supporters who believed he was the rightful heir, the royal"mose", as they had been placed in bondage under the new, harsh laws.

Moses is described in the Old Testament as being "an Egyptian" and "slow of speech" in the language of the Israelites. Ahmed Osman believes that Moses was in fact the Pharoah Akhenaten. Akhenaten introduced monotheism and closed the temples making himself extremely unpopular. He was later forced to abdicate and banished from Egypt. He returned to lead his supporters out of Egypt to a new life.

www.suite101.com...

Wouldn't that be a hoot if it were true?
edit on 2/4/11 by masqua because: bb code

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So much back peddling in this thread

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yeshua came to set us free from religion etc. Those in "the Son are free indeed" yet man likes his chains and does not want freedom.. Read Mathew 23 and see what God thinks of religious people lol! As for what Yeshua said in the gospels? Read the old testament. They all come from there word for word, but most are blind to it because they love the prison, dont want truth, and do not see that God wants relationship as a dad and not religion or churchanity. He is a dad in a paternity battle

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Well said...

Spirits/ghosts have been around far longer than the Christian god.. and most other gods..

Just take a good long look at the native American Indians and their journeys to the spirit world(s) and even their beliefs in each of us having a totem animal..

Even the ancient Celts used to say a few words of "sorry, but thanks" to a tree before they cut any part of it...

All partly down to a universal understanding that everything is alive and should be respected as an individual entity that has a spirit/soul of some description..

But this isn't really about that.. it's more to do with the way that most religions, particularly Christianity, has been used to con, corrupt, kill, swindle and lie to millions of people over a good thousand years or so.. more so in the last thousand years than any other part of history.. Some may consider the medieval period as being the worst with all the witch hunts going on..

or how about televangelism..and its ingrown corruption of power and greed?
have a look at this lot..
en.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Just because you are smart enough not to buy in modern christianity hoopla, does not mean it is a fraud.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Now there is "Lucifer" who is on the side of mankind, who does everything for you and gives you what you want. And with "everything you want" I mean: living in peace with yourself, growing peacefully to a certain goal, or better self and doing good to others. I'm really convinced that yhwh is the evil one, he just twisted the whole story to HIS hand.

A true creator loves his creation no matter what (just look at your parents), and will not force you in a very aggresive way to do his will.
edit on 2-4-2011 by notimportant because: (no reason given)

Suffering is a good way of learning between the light and darkness of life. IF a child burns his hand on the stove he does not do it again. I do not understand the spirtual connections between ones faults that correlates with disease. Disease, Dis,

Suffering attains to enlightenment and learning, obviously your OCD if you are not lying was obviously a gift to understand something and to learn. Now since that is gone enjoy your 60+ years on earth and see what happens in the end. Obviously this dimension was far to stressful for you to handle, me, I carry my cross on my shoulders and act like a man, not like a puss

Calling someone a puss because he has trouble handling his OCD is probably one of the most dumbest things you can do. It is just something like saying that someone with a psychosis is possessed with an evil spirit.

And I suppose you are a Christian? Didn't your god command you not to judge anybody no matter what? You are clearly doing it now, please don't act if your somekind of superman who can handle the whole world, so enjoy your +/- 60 years till judgementsday and we will see who is right...

I can tell you that you are now guilty of 2 sins: pride and judging others, learned that from the source of your god, the bible.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Now there is "Lucifer" who is on the side of mankind, who does everything for you and gives you what you want. And with "everything you want" I mean: living in peace with yourself, growing peacefully to a certain goal, or better self and doing good to others. I'm really convinced that yhwh is the evil one, he just twisted the whole story to HIS hand.

I think you would pick lucifer/satan(the adversary) just to get back at others, because they piss you off, say it all loud.

edit on 2-4-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
And besides I certainly learned from my OCD, I learned that yhwh will not answer your prayers...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

That's hilarious... you don't believe in God but you believe in ghosts/spirits...

Ever heard of the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit? Yep God started it long before Jason and Grant on Ghost Hunters.

I believe in a Creator, but not in the Christian monotheistic 'God'. I believe in spirits of all kinds, but they all are a part of the Greater Spirit. The monotheistic God didn't start this, It was going millenia before the notion became a religion in Jerusalem.

While I will respect your beliefs, my belief is NOTHING was around before God.

Isaiah 45:5-6
I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant
And besides I certainly learned from my OCD, I learned that yhwh will not answer your prayers...

That is because god has no name, it's the force/ rather more of an entity than a guy with a mood that sits on a chair and gives orders, it is the divine force. The rest as I see it are lower gods, more prone to physical term.

Maybe yhwh was an annunaki god/being , maybe he walked upon this earth, he seems to compete with the other gods on worship and seems to give out precise instructions as a man or a general would.

The new testament does not even mention his name ? it's not in the new testament. If god's name was yhwh
why not mention it in the new testament, I think Jesus was talking about the creator ? It's clearly not yhwh, his name does not show up in the new testament.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Calling someone a puss because he has trouble handling his OCD is probably one of the most dumbest things you can do. It is just something like saying that someone with a psychosis is possessed with an evil spirit.

And I suppose you are a Christian? Didn't your god command you not to judge anybody no matter what? You are clearly doing it now, please don't act if your somekind of superman who can handle the whole world, so enjoy your +/- 60 years till judgementsday and we will see who is right...

I can tell you that you are now guilty of 2 sins: pride and judging others, learned that from the source of your god, the bible.

Calling a stick a book does not make it a book.
But I have OCD as well, I have dysgraphia, high cholestoral, blood pressure, bad eye sight, A.d.d. So how does that fit your obvious judgement to others? I knew you were going to attack me on the account so i can show you that people, even with difficulty in life can attain happiness even if they are mated with faults.
checkmate

btw the 7 deadly sins was created in the 4th century by a monk. A church created list. Tell me how does this connect with what christ said? no one is perfect in life.
edit on 2-4-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewanger
Jesus is the son of God. If people would live by what he said(the words in red, in The Bible) and not what others said about him the world would be at peace. He's not like Muslims; who say to kill those who won't convert. He says that if you don't want what he offers then so be it. True Christians do not believe in violence of any kind. For country or family or anything on this earth. Jesus said: I send you out as lambs among wolves. No protection, no defense. His answer for what should we do was: Be as innocent as doves and as wise as serpents. All we have is our wits. Jesus is not a lie or a swindle. The real question is: Are you going to be a Christian or just another person trying to get by at the expense of your fellow man. Read the New Testament but only the words of Jesus(get a Bible where they are in red) and then tell me what you think.

If Jesus was the son of god, why is his message so very different then his angry god Father? He told his people to kill every living thing even the innocent animals who had belonged to the wrong people, included the little babies. I could make a HUGE list of stuff "The Father" said that the son seems to say the opposite.
Supposedly "ThE Father' said THOU SHALL NOT KILL...then he orders killing gallor just one small example...not exactly "LOVE your enemy...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
reply to post by notimportant

The Great Jesus Swindle, Greatest lie ever told.

Swindle indicates the unneccessary and iggnorant and illegal spending of money.... which, in your eyes, can be applied to Christianity. Likewise it can be applied to all religions and all human endeavors. Thus my argument that anything, when unchecked, can become a religion.

Greatest lie...indicates that Jesus and Christianity is a lie...not true...without basis. The same argument can be made for all religions and beliefs...be it Yahweh or grey aliens or global warming.

So if your argument and dissatisfaction lies only with Christianity...then your views are askew or prejudicial or discriminatory in the worst way. As such, they are only your views and with out basis or fact...and share great company with the same people you condemn... the "go to hell christians."

What are you trying to suggest here, that I don't know what Christianity is? I know what it, sort of been there done that story. What I've expirienced during that time is that Christian people only believe the words of a preacher in church or something similair.

When someone else is telling them their view, it got "debunked", and I find that very annoying. So I started thinking for myself and I can conclude that yhwh is not a really "good" god, he hates the people who are not with him, he kills people's childeren or ask them to offer. He is against everything what has to do with "freedom" or "free wil to choose" and people do all kinds of abusing stuff in his name (starting wars for example). If you don't obey his will, you will burn in hell, at least that is what they are trying to tell you.

When I was somekind of "Christian" I was living in fear, I had the fear that I was not good enough, at one point I was seriously thinking of doing myself somekind of harm. And I wass suffering from a compulsive obsessive disorder, which didn't got away when I asked yhwh for help. Now I suffer less from that disorder, and I'm very thankfull for that.

But you guys can probably tell me that I indeed wasn't a good Christian because I never went to church, and never got baptised or something like that. And here it goes very VERY wrong with Chrsitianity, you only get your "salvation" by accepting some "terms", but people are to blind to see this.

A true creator loves his creation no matter what (just look at your parents), and will not force you in a very aggresive way to do his will.

notimportant, You imply that lucifer is your creator and he gives you everything you want, then you compare him to a parent who loves you no matter what, while It is true that a parent loves you no matter what, it is not true that a good parent will give you every thing you want ,nor all the freedom you want to do as you please.

since you used the parent example, here's mine... a five year old child wants to run out into the street, your sweet and loving parent (lucifer) will not stop him, because that's what the child wants.

or what about the toddler who does not know any better and finds some rat posion under the sink, according to your logic, your loving lucifer will watch him while he eats it.

by the way poster, you are very important to God.

p.s.to Extralien Thank You for creating this thread it is a wonderful opportunity to witness

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Will yhwh stop that child from running across the streets, or that one who accidentally eated the rat poison? I understand what you are saying, but you are also giving a great example of the "free wil thing".

To be honest, I it's not about who is the right "god" for me, All I'm trying to say that the most misery is coming out of the hands of people who say they act in the name of the (christian) god, things like: wars, sexual abuse in churches, spreading fear (going to hell if you dont act like or do this or that) and the abuse of power.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

Originally posted by Condemned0625
Good. I hope religion does die someday. I don't like living among a bunch of brainwashed idiots who waste the time of others and even ruin the lives of others. 2 days taken from nearly every week for the first 17 years of my life was spent in churches and other religious nonsense. All of that time adds up to a few years of my life basically flushed down the toilet.

When you can no longer stand on your own two feet who will you call on?

God will be there if you truly believe! Believe with all your heart and soul. Don't believe in anything man says on behalf of God just stay true to good morals and your heart. Look to the sky and flow your inner feelings to God in the air. Make a personal connection for yourself in your own way with love and regret for your misdeads and you too can receive Gods love. 'The Holy Spirit and God DOES exist in the material world.
edit on 2-4-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)
Ummm... I'll call on someone I know who actually exists, such as my girlfriend or any of my friends. Don't preach your BS to me. Go proselytize somewhere else before I report you for harassment. I've reported so many christian retards for harassment because they do the same exact thing you're doing. You don't have evidence and you cannot possibly give me any good reason to worship the magical tyrannical dictator you call a god. Go spread your BS (lies and harassment) on someone else's bread. I prefer clean butter (knowledge and evidence) on mine.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by infojunkie2

A child may run out into the street.. doesn't mean there is any traffic coming at the time..

And your god would just as easily allow a child to eat poison under the sink...otherwise it wouldn't be such a big issue for parents to be sure these sort of things are out of reach.

All is fair in love and war..

The idea that Jesus/God saves is ludicrous in itself. both sides of any army may very well pray to the same god for them to win.. The only 'draw' in war i can really give an example of is the WW1 trenches...but that was more of a stalemate.. the only people to 'save' anything out of this huge massive scam are those in the higher position of the churches.. and their savings go right into the corrupt banks that help to keep them going..

And I'm glad you happyi created this thread
you're more than welcome

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

While I will respect your beliefs, my belief is NOTHING was around before God.

Isaiah 45:5-6
I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me.

You're quoting the God of the bible, which very well may be Akhenaten's God and is likely the same Great Spirit behind the multitude of gods evident in polytheistic religions. But, hey... if you want to stick with the God de Jour, that's completely your right and I commend you for being open-minded.

I also believe in a Creator who made the universe out of nothing. Let's call It the One Who Bangs Big.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Jesus,taught us to love not to hate.Jesus,also ate with the sinners,he didn't choose,he loved everyone. I,am sorry,you all got Jesus down your throats.This isn't what Jesus,told us to do. But at the same time,he gave us freewill to choose. We all know right from wrong,Yes,I,am a Christian,but I, have a message from God.He really loves you,seek and you shall find! I,have come to the conclusion,that mankind doesn't have the answers! Also,that churches have made it hard for people to find Jesus. Jesus taught out in public,church isn't in a building. The building is for us together to praise our lord. Also Saturday is the Sabbath,the bible and Gods word hasn't changed.The Jews,knew Gods word,the Torah.But,the scales will fall from their eyes,when Jesus comes back as the MESSIAH. Jesus ,is a Jew,he went by the bible,like one day is evening to evening.Mankind changed this. Just like our calender,is suppose to be 360 days,not 365. Also,Jesus said to remember his memorial, Easter,is a pagan holiday,i can prove this.Mankind is to do his memorial,on the Sabbath,but not call it Easter. Just like when he was really born,once I,can do threads,I,will show you all the proof,of Gods word,by the bible and mankind's findings,in Jerusalem. Mankind has proven facts are true,about our bible,more everyday. God doesn't want to lose any of us. I,know its hard to know what truth is any more. Please,BEFORE you judge ,please watch my threads and follow me.I,promise I,will take you on a very meaning path for your life. I,am not here to judge,only Jesus can do that. It hurts him every time mankind walks away. So when I, can make my threads,I,will answer all your questions and help the best,i, can.I,study hard to know the true facts,not what anyone just tells me.I,will not pressure you,I,will always tell you the truth.I,am a member,of a Baptist church,but I, don't go by everything all the churches tells us.I,go find the true facts and I,don't go accept every thing they say as factual. Until,I,check it out for myself. I,am at you tube.com as venusstarlite,and thevenusstarlite. Also i am melody edington at facebook,and venusstarlite at twitter. I,have nothing to hide,that's why you get my real name. I,Will be writing more,I,promise.....God is really wonderful,honestly! In Jesus name amen.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
And let's not forget this bit of work;
Zeitgeist

As much as some may feel that parts of this are wrong, you cannot ignore that a lot of it is correct..

as for the part where it talks about the three kings (Orions belt) aligning with sirius, which points to where the Sun will arise after its three day slumber, this you cannot ignore.. (also where the southern cross appears too)
I have witnessed this exact event for myself whilst I was in the Philippines.

It is very interesting that you cannot see the full effect from the Northern hemisphere, and very possibly not from the Southern either.
This suggests to me that there is an ancient knowledge being abused and twisted into another form in order to gain control and power.

the recent film, "the book of Eli" is another example how a book, and it is just a book, the bible was being desperately sought by one man in order to control the remaining populace of a post apocalyptic society.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join