It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Jesus Swindle, Greatest lie ever told.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewanger
Jesus is the son of God. If people would live by what he said(the words in red, in The Bible) and not what others said about him the world would be at peace. He's not like Muslims; who say to kill those who won't convert. He says that if you don't want what he offers then so be it. True Christians do not believe in violence of any kind. Read the New Testament but only the words of Jesus(get a Bible where they are in red) and then tell me what you think.

Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Ah gentle jesus shows his true colors. Lets not forget gentle jesus also brought you hell which was not in the OT. Love me or be burned forever. Nice.

Mark 7 9And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. 10For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:

This one is great too. Gentle jesus saying to the jews to stone your kids for not listening just like the OT tells you to.

shall we go on?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

I had to use a hypothetical because you asked me a hypothetical question. I'm sorry you don't comprehend what that means.

As for scientific fact, I already proved you wrong there. Very basic elementary school science and vast amounts of research shows that the electromagnetic force is responsible for creating the illusion of touchable solid objects. But I can't prove it to you because you're not educated enough about the science. You'll have to educate yourself further before we can even continue the discussion.

If you don't want to believe that I'm sorry, but I gather this puts you at about a 3rd or 4th grade level when it comes to science and the basic properties of atoms. I also see you have a severe misunderstanding as to the difference of a scientific hypothesis verses a theory. So, you're either very young, your teachers were horrible, or you just choose not to see the evidence when it doesn't prove what you want.

Perhaps just go get a very basic first year high school science book or even a junior high school science book and it will help you get up to speed. I know we went much further in depth into how atoms work when I was freshman, but we learned the basic principals in elementary school. Either way, all the information you need should be there. These topics are very very basic in terms of other scientific theories. So you have a long way to go still to get to any kind of truth.

You're doing yourself a disservice by not being educated about how atoms work. The first step to fixing your problem is admitting you have one. I can't help you any further other than to offer words of encouragement and say it's never too late. We all had to learn this stuff at one time.

EDIT:
Here's a site on the topic that looks like it's geared more towards kids and younger people if it helps get you started.
www.worsleyschool.net...
edit on 5-4-2011 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by notimportant

Dude, I suppose you are from the US so you must know that the KKK is a Christian group,

Did you know that Hitler was also a self-avowed christian ?

Using the kkk's claim of being christian , to denigrate christianity , is just as absurd as using Hitler to do the same .

And I am not a christian .
edit on 5-4-2011 by ReRun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

Here is an addendum to your post. Using the fact that '-----" (fill in the blank) is a "******" does not invalidate the truth of "*****['. Stating that the KKK claims to be a Christian group does not validate or invalidate the truth of Christianity. Using that same level of argument would lead to the following type of logic: Hitler was a vegetarian. Hitler was an evil Nazi, therefore all vegetarians must be evil Nazi's.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'm sick with how everyone confuses religion with a spiritual belief in God. Religion is man made, sprituality/God is truth.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewrongpath
I'm sick with how everyone confuses religion with a spiritual belief in God. Religion is man made, sprituality/God is truth.

Which god? What evidence do you have of this god?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient

The proof is in my soul. I've had many experiences throught my life, one included saving my life just for asking God for help. It was truly a miracle. Want factual proof? Look around at how perfect the world around you is. Not just in nature and human life, but in the grand design. Death is completely random, no one is safe. It can come at any moment to anyone. If it was only the old or bad people that died, this world would not only be too crowed, but there would be total chaos. Coincidently, the system is a perfect for maintaining life. Every animal/plant on this planet depends on something else to maintain the balance, we are the only ones not needed here. We are in no way essential to this planet, but it is essential to us. Another big coincidence.
Every 64 million tears or so, the earth cleans house, making way for future beings like a forest fire or volcano destroys, only to result in a healthier environment for new life.

Can you show proof that this is all random? Nope.
You will never understand God if you don't acknowledge Him.
I feel that God can only be realized in the realm of human experience, which to me is the meaning of life.
Not trying to convert, YOU asked.

edit on 5-4-2011 by sickofitall2012 because: add

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

The proof is in my soul. I've had many experiences throught my life, one included saving my life just for asking God for help. It was truly a miracle. Want factual proof? Look around at how perfect the world around you is. Not just in nature and human life, but in the grand design. Death is completely random, no one is safe. It can come at any moment to anyone. If it was only the old or bad people that died, this world would not only be too crowed, but there would be total chaos. Coincidently, the system is a perfect for maintaining life. Every animal/plant on this planet depends on something else to maintain the balance, we are the only ones not needed here. We are in no way essential to this planet, but it is essential to us. Another big coincidence.
Every 64 million tears or so, the earth cleans house, making way for future beings like a forest fire or volcano destroys, only to result in a healthier environment for new life.

I feel that God can only be realized in the realm of human experience, which to me is the meaning of life.

Can I show you proof the world is random? Sorry this is not for me to prove. You made the claim God exists, you talk with him, you have a soul, god saved your life. I am asking for evidence of your claims.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Really? You seriously refuse to provide proof of your claim, yet demand I provide proof for mine? Wow.
I told you that you can never know God if you don't acknowledge Him. That is up to the individual. He will not come to you, I found that out years ago.
The proof is in the pudding so to speak.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WayfaringStranger

Dudes and dudettes...ALL religious texts, Christian or otherwise, were written by men, translated by men, compiled by men, edited by men, and preached by men. Christians say they put their faith in "Jesus," but this is not entirely true. BEFORE you put you faith in "Jesus," you had to put your faith in the men who wrote, translated, compiled, edited, and preached the gospel. If it weren't for MEN, you never would have heard of "Jesus."
Just once I'd like to hear a real Christian admit it.

My God is the God of the Universe - 'Inspiring men' didn't even take a snap of His fingers.

But you know what? He loves us anyway.

It's just so hard to believe people don't want to take Him up on the offer of LOVE.

What a GIFT it is!

He God of the Universe and MORE - loves you - right here and right now...

THAT is a beautiful thing- and I don't even need to call on faith to believe it.

So yeah, here is a 'true Christian' responding. I'm so sorry it's probably not the answer you wanted hun.

hugs and peace to you
edit on 5-4-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient

Can I show you proof the world is random? Sorry this is not for me to prove. You made the claim God exists, you talk with him, you have a soul, god saved your life. I am asking for evidence of your claims.
Who are you? Really, you see EVIL acted through man every waking moment. That you some how need proof the one True God.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Urgent! I have just recieved word from 4w3gte, the secret god of gods that no one has ever known, that I am supposed to begin writing a new holy text, to inform mankind of 4w3gte's supremacy, and total control over all the universe. In fact every religion the world has ever produced originated from bedtime stories 4w3gte told to Holphiseus, the first creature he created. Holphiseus was merely an experiment, designed only to listen and record, since we know how valuable records are .... our god's are so shy
... anyway... just thought i'd share this. and invite anyone to prove me wrong, since the burden of proof doesn't exist for us religion-upstarts. if anyone wants to get in on this, send me $, and do whatever I say, as I am the only one who can instruct upon 4w3gte's will... as since the beginning he has waived his right to speak or appear at all in any way. At the least, you must take your nearest holy book and replace the lord/god/allah's name at every occurence throughout the book with '4w3gte'. this is the new, un-debunkable, undeniable religion of religions. at least until i write 4w3gte's holy text, then edit, revise, reprint, translate, re-translate, improve, clean up, throw out and start over.... oh # it... 4w3gte works in mysterious ways. that's all you need to know. religion! LOL

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Which god? What evidence do you have of this god?

Many people have a special experience, there for have proof of something grater, proof of god.
I too had such experience

edit on 5-4-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Really? You seriously refuse to provide proof of your claim, yet demand I provide proof for mine? Wow.
I told you that you can never know God if you don't acknowledge Him. That is up to the individual. He will not come to you, I found that out years ago.
The proof is in the pudding so to speak.

I looked back and checked my posts. I dont see any claims I made. I only asked for evidence of the claims you made that God exists, you talk with him, you have a soul, god saved your life. Let me know when you have evidence of these claims until then a rational and logical person can not accept them as the truth. You may have heard this before, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I will be waiting.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I do hope someday people will stop their petty bickering on these forums and get down to some real research and sharing information. I found people get most emotional and hateful when arguing topics which cannot be readily proven or cannot be proven at all; i.e. matters of faith.This attitude, at its extreme, has lead to death in the past, and even in or own times it still persists as a source of destruction and anguish. Whether you believe in a creator, a specific creator or no creator, it's all still a matter of faith. There will come a day when everyone, no exceptions, will find out what and who was right, if anyone; so until then, let's all calm down and get to work solving these mysteries we're all so interested in. Even if we never do find out what were trying to figure out, we should at least have some fun trying. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

I'm sorry you don't comprehend what that means.

I don't comprehend it? I gave you the #ing definition, idiot.

If you don't want to believe that I'm sorry, but I gather this puts you at about a 3rd or 4th grade level when it comes to science and the basic properties of atoms.

I gather this puts you at about a kindergarten level when it comes to logic and understanding simple premises.

You're doing yourself a disservice by not being educated about how atoms work. The first step to fixing your problem is admitting you have one.

How do you know I'm the one with the problem? How do you know you're not the one with the problem here? You just can't seem to understand my points and continue to misunderstand them to a ridiculous degree.

Here's a site on the topic that looks like it's geared more towards kids and younger people if it helps get you started.

Don't even bother, asshole. Learn to act like an adult and provide adult sources instead of trying to piss me off with stupid little jokes like this one. Just because I asked you a hypothetical question doesn't mean your answer needs to be hypothetical. Hypothetical questions can be answered with facts and it does happen in scientific situations. I asked you a simple question and you couldn't really answer it. Instead of trying to go around it, just say you don't know. That's being honest, but I haven't really seen much honesty from you in your recent replies. The first three quotes above are great examples of dishonesty on your part. That's the problem you have.

The first step to fixing your problem is admitting you have one.

I do have certain problems (like everyone else), but I have yet to see you admit that you have a problem. I exposed your dishonesty problem, now admit it.

By the way, remember when you said that if the electromagnetic field was breached or removed and the atom was contacted by another atom, they would pass through each other as if they're nonexistent? Seems like you're wrong about that too. Particle collisions involve atomic and subatomic particles hitting each other and an actual collision is recorded. They don't literally pass through without any contact like a ghost walking through a wall. If you don't believe me, look at the retarded little kid's site you posted. It mentions that in one of the paragraphs.

Don't forget that your answer to my question was just a speculation. You don't really know if the particles would become immaterial if the fields were removed, so don't act like you know and just admit that you really don't know. As far as I can tell from particle collision experiments, protons and neutrons might even be made of smaller particles that have their own electromagnetic fields, so your little theory about the particles basically becoming immaterial if their fields are breached or removed is simply just a theory.

edit on 4/5/2011 by Condemned0625 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrstock

Who are you? Really, you see EVIL acted through man every waking moment. That you some how need proof the one True God.

I am sorry, I do not fully understand what you are saying here. Your "evidence" of god is that people are doing bad things?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimalkin

Well Said!

Truth respect, as here stipulated by definition, is an intellectual disposition in which we esteem impartial truth, avow the limitations of our own knowledge, and accept that these convictions do not stand in contradiction to each other. Defined in this manner, truth respect has three distinct parts, 1. impartial truth; 2. limited human knowledge; 3. non-contradiction between 1 and 2.

In commonsense thinking, we (the vast majority) in varying degrees, accept these three basic presuppositions about truth and knowledge as a matter of course.

In the first place we understand that truth-as-truth is impartial. That is to say, in commonsense thinking we know that truth is internally harmonious, universal, reliable, and independent of our knowledge of it. In the second place, we also know our own personal knowledge, while reliable in many circumstances, is also limited, mutable, easily infected with mistakes, and in a continuous process of development. Added to that, in a third step of commonsense thinking, we understand that impartiality of truth and human limitations are simultaneously true. That is to say, impartial truth and partial human knowledge complement and do not contradict. Whether we critically appreciate it or not, the three truth assertions just mentioned underlie sound reasoning, normal conversation, and day by day courteous business. These three root verities taken together are implied in the term ‘truth respect’.

Truth Respect is not unusual. It is the approach used by most of us most of the time in practical matters when we are not in the grips of totalitarian dispositions. When in a commonsense frame of mind, using experience and our own insight, we naturally respect truth and assume others share our esteem.
plusroot.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

I'm sorry, like I said I can't help you. I did provide you adult sources, but you didn't seem to understand or comprehend them. So, I thought perhaps maybe the material they use to teach these concepts to the kids may help.

I don't mean to make you angry and there's no reason to be embarrassed you just got held back somewhere. You have a lot of basic science to learn, but there's no reason to get angry. You just have to keep trying. If little kids can understand these concepts obviously you'll have no time getting up to speed. Don't worry. Just gotta keep Googling around.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
reply to post by tinfoilman

By the way, remember when you said that if the electromagnetic field was breached or removed and the atom was contacted by another atom, they would pass through each other as if they're nonexistent? Seems like you're wrong about that too. Particle collisions involve atomic and subatomic particles hitting each other and an actual collision is recorded.

No you have to read further down the footnote. Perhaps you missed something, or perhaps your reading ability is held back as well. If you read the entire footnote you'll see the whole quote as.

"If you know a little more about particle physics, you might have realized that it is possible to force an electron to make contact with the protons in a nucleus. This is accomplished artificially by colliding them at relativistic speeds in a cyclotron...

..You might expect that in this case, we could say that there really is contact made between different atoms. However, our current state of understanding leads physicists to believe that electrons and protons themselves are made from combinations of even smaller elementary particles called quarks, which are held apart by their own forces. So even on the sub-nuclear scale, there is NO TOUCHING!"

So it's okay, you just need to get up to speed. You have a lot to learn before you start arguing concepts that you don't even currently understand.
edit on 5-4-2011 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join