It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Jesus Swindle, Greatest lie ever told.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

That's a good point and few people at the time were even literate. That's something I personally struggle with. I try to live my life how my instincts tell me my God would want me to live.

As far as Islam I researched that as well. Muhammad just happened to be the next guy that walked through the gate of Mecca (He did live there) and because he was The different tribes let him rest the stone (most scientist believe is a meteorite) they kiss back in place because they couldn't decide which group had the right to do it and then five years later he decided to start his own religion which seems a lot like the first Islamic form of government. Especially how his suggestions from his God seem to suggest oppression.

I'm skeptical when any human Tell's me what I'm supposed to believe when 3000 years ago they thought Lightning was from an angry Zeus and Dinosaur bones were the bones of Titans. I find it amazing that most religions start with pretty much the old testament and then branch off from there. I'm sure there is life after death and I identify myself as Christian but I will admit I am confused.

It seems like most religions are worshiping the same God.The next level of not understanding seems so be space so there must be aliens. LOL I'm sure I'll find out the answers I seek soon enough.
edit on 4/5/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

It's not theoretical? You're mistaken. It is a theory. It is a theoretical circumstance because no evidence exists to support it and it is not accepted as a fact, therefore it is a theory. We're done.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

You misunderstand. I wasn't asserting that it was factual. If you read what I said, that should be clear. I clearly said it was only a possibility.

I said:

It isn't a theory. It's just a possibility I consider and which I can't disprove. That's all I've ever suggested it was.

Clearly I'm not implying it's fact.

I merely meant that it wasn't some sort of formal theorim, but rather just a possibility I consider that I cannot disprove. That's all I meant. If we are indeed "done," then I would like to again stress that I appreciate you sharing your views and that I respect your opinions and position.

Peace.
edit on 4/5/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

edit on 4/5/2011 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Theory - a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.

Not only is it something you consider to be a possibility, but it is also a theory. What harm does it cause to accept that it's also a theory? The definition itself clearly shows it. Yeah, I know I keep using the dictionary in almost every response, but you and the other guy keep forgetting the meanings of particular words and I just feel the need to educate both of you on things that you either forgot or didn't have knowledge of.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625

Theory - a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.

Not only is it something you consider to be a possibility, but it is also a theory. What harm does it cause to accept that it's also a theory? The definition itself clearly shows it. Yeah, I know I keep using the dictionary in almost every response, but you and the other guy keep forgetting the meanings of particular words and I just feel the need to educate both of you on things that you either forgot or didn't have knowledge of.

I was responding to your statement that, "All you did was change your use of words and explain it all in a slightly different way without even solving the problems that make the entire theory questionable and improbable."

By saying that, you seemed to be implying that I was trying to prove something, because unless you think I'm trying to prove something, then of course it's questionable. My entire premise has been that I don't know and that it's only a possibility. I have consistently said that in every single post I've made. I responded to that by saying "it's not a theory," in the context of a formal theorem that seeks to explain or provide proofs in support of itself, because that isn't what I'm doing and you seemed to feel it necessary to say it was questionable despite me repeatedly saying it was in doubt myself in literally every post I've made. If you want to call it a theory in the other context you just defined, then that's fine. I can get with that, too.'

Everything I have said is just a possibility I consider and cannot disprove (and by your newly defined context, yes, a "theory.") It is possible to me because my standards for establishing proof differ from yours. As I have said before, I agree to disagree about that, and I respect your opinion and position. (A gesture you have not extended to me, at least not openly, but that is your prerogative.)

Can we agree to disagree now? We've both made our points abundantly clear in my opinion.
edit on 4/5/2011 by AceWombat04 because: typos and clarification

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
For me reincarnation is a fact. I remember parts of different past lives. For whatever reason I have known the being who was Jesus in many different lifetimes. That’s right Jesus has lived many lives on earth as a human. For the very few of you whom may know the truth I will name one of them so you realize I indeed know what I speak of. He also lived as Thomas Edison. I could name others including her (thats right her) current one but I do not believe it is necessary or appropriate.

Jesus was likely the most advanced being on earth in his lifetime. However he had a hidden agenda. The group he is a part of is one of many who have the goal of becoming masters of the entire universe. For that matter many prophets from multiple religions are 5th column members. (A person or group, usually sent in advance, to undermine a larger group in preparation for conquest).

If you want to spot which ones just look at the religions that practice war, torture, murder, and claim they are the only ones that are right.

The reason the above evils have been encouraged is to divide and conquer. The reason for the division is because the different groups here pursuing this goal have a small number of members. Lucky for us they are at odds with each other or we likely would already have fallen under their control. They could easily destroy us but that is not their intention. They wish to make slaves of us to help further their conquest of the universe. So to get started they would like to see a smaller population that is more easily controlled. So now you are starting to get some idea of who is really pulling the strings, pushing the agenda of depopulation and a one government super controlled police state.

Frankly we are not terribly important in the larger schemes these groups are pursuing. In general humans are too messed up to be of much use but we exist and can be made to produce goods that are needed for conquest.

Why do you think the huge advances in electronics and computers have been made recently? Have you seen other tech advance so rapidly? This is because these goods are needed and they have the side benefit of monitoring the population preventing any rebellious activity.

So again you see the manipulation of those in power to gain control of key resources needed for exploitation and advancements in area‘s needed to make us useful.

Some of you no doubt already realize this. Others with a lot of knowledge and the ability too really observe what is going on are likely to recognize this as being likely or possible because if fits so well with what you know and have observed. When pieces of knowledge start fitting together making things more simple and explain previous unknowns in a logical manner it is a good bet your on the right track.

I do not ask you to accept this out of hand but at least consider if it fits in with what you do know or may learn in the future. If we don’t unify as a people we have little hope of avoiding slavery that could last for a very long time.

Any artificial divisions created and applied to man are for the purpose of domination and exploitation. Don’t be played. May you learn the truth and be set free.
edit on 5-4-2011 by ChessGuru because: typo

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The fact that people twist the Bible into thinking Lucifer is actually the oppressed one and it becomes their "god" of worship truly screams just how warped the human mind really is. Who came first Lucifer or Latin? maybe the early Latins were devil worshipers and created the word in Latin in his honor? The fact that it's a dead language and that attorney's are the only one's who continue to use Latin even supports that theory. lol

The KKK are not a bunch of Christians and Terrorists are not followers of Islam. The both have twisted their respected religions to serve their own purposes. Kinda of like the Catholic Church did when they were burning Knight Templar's at the stake. Humanity has used to religion and beliefs as an excuse to destroy each other since the beginning of time.

In my humble opinion Nothing Holy kills in its name. It's ridiculous to even think like that.
edit on 4/5/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

No. It's not my newly defined context. I got it from the damn dictionary. By definition, your proposition is a theory. At least you admit that you don't know. Now we're done.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ChessGuru

Alien tology the next religion. Space Other Planets Something we don't understand so it MUST mean there are other superior beings out there and they have managed to evolve quicker than us. The result of a radio show and the US military Losing a weather balloon 50 years ago. Insanity at it's finest.

?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
If Lucifer is God and his name means Light why do all of his followers constantly wear black?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
What did I do today as a ‘Christian‘?

I worked under the sun and planted seeds. Broke my back hoeing hard ground. I got my hands dirty with honest work.
I noted the progress the little plants I’d stuck in the ground before have made and watered them and loved them.
I fed my chickens and my chickens gave me eggs.
I sung under my breath while weeding the potatoes and took satisfaction in knowing I did a good days work all while thinking on peace, harmony and love.

I called my family and gave them my love.
I listened to a new sermon online while working on my photos.
I helped some people who needed help and promised to help more this evening when I'm done working and have soaked my aching back and feet in a cool tub.

I thanked God for every minute in the day.

NO WHERE in my day did I ‘miss out’ on anything. Not once, did I get ‘suckered’. Not even a hint of a ‘lie’ for the belief system I give thanks to, to Jesus and His Father who created all this for us to enjoy and use.

What didn’t I do?

I didn’t fall down on my knees and shed my blood or the blood of others to offer as a sacrifice to a dead ‘god’ lucifer.
I didn’t listen to music that rots the soul.
I didn’t lie, manipulate, and steal other’s joy on order to get a good chuckle for my ‘father satan.’
I didn’t hate.
I didn’t hurt anyone.
I didn’t torture and maim little animals in the name of something ‘sacred’ that’s nothing but a one way ticket to an afterlife of nothingness.
I didn’t use sex as a tool and a power trip.
I didn’t call out the name of something(one) who would only give lies, hate, contempt and deceit in return.

No, I left that up to those who choose to follow ‘something(one) else’...

My God gives me joy.

There’s no manipulation in that.
There’s no lie in that.
There’s no ‘sheeple’ in that.

I dunno who you people who attack Christianity and God think you’re attacking - but - it isn’t me.

But hey, go for it. God gave us free will, use it up as you want. But so will I. And my free will is to choose all that’s good and love and harmony and peace.

Who wouldn’t want that?

And this lucifer? What does he promise you? The absolute assurance you will be separated from all that is good and happy and joyful and loving - for eternity.

You want to be a sucker - go for it.

Me? I choose Jesus. No scam there. No lie there. Just faith, hope and love everlasting...

peace

edit on 5-4-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

No. It's not my newly defined context. I got it from the damn dictionary. By definition, your proposition is a theory.

I did not mean "newly defined" to imply that you were using an unusual definition of the word. By no means did I intend to imply that. By "newly defined," I merely meant you've defined what you meant by theory now, here, in this thread. I clearly explained what I originally thought you were implying, because your use of the word theory included saying that the possibilities I was considering were questionable, when I have repeatedly stated myself that it is in doubt. That's all I meant. I just said that's all I meant in the post you just replied to.

By the definition of the word you provided, it is a theory. Other definitions of the word (which you had not yet distinguished your use of the term from when I said "it's not a theory,") include:

a coherent group of general propositions used as principles of explanation for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity.
Mathematics . a body of principles, theorems, or the like, belonging to one subject: number theory.
the branch of a science or art that deals with its principles or methods, as distinguished from its practice: music theory.
a particular conception or view of something to be done or of the method of doing it; a system of rules or principles.

As I have tried to explain several times now, obviously unsuccessfully, I thought you meant the possibilities I was considering were based on some sort of coherent theory by someone else (given that we are discussing the nature of reality after all and so, in a sense, cosmology,) because you said the theory was questionable despite my having repeatedly cast it in doubt on my own by saying it was only a possibility.

At least you admit that you don't know.

When did I ever not? My entire premise has been that I don't know and that this was only a possibility. My entire point has been one of skeptical doubt

Now we're done.

And with that I will, yet again, reiterate my respect for your opinions and views and thank you for discussing them with me. Peace.
edit on 4/5/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typos

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
What did I do today as a ‘Christian‘?

I worked under the sun and planted seeds. Broke my back hoeing hard ground. I got my hands dirty with honest work.
I noted the progress the little plants I’d stuck in the ground before have made and watered them and loved them.
I fed my chickens and my chickens gave me eggs.
I sung under my breath while weeding the potatoes and took satisfaction in knowing I did a good days work all while thinking on peace, harmony and love.

I called my family and gave them my love.
I listened to a new sermon online while working on my photos.
I helped some people who needed help and promised to help more this evening when I'm done working and have soaked my aching back and feet in a cool tub.

I thanked God for every minute in the day.

NO WHERE in my day did I ‘miss out’ on anything. Not once, did I get ‘suckered’. Not even a hint of a ‘lie’ for the belief system I give thanks to, to Jesus and His Father who created all this for us to enjoy and use.

What didn’t I do?

I didn’t fall down on my knees and shed my blood or the blood of others to offer as a sacrifice to a dead ‘god’ lucifer.
I didn’t listen to music that rots the soul.
I didn’t lie, manipulate, and steal other’s joy on order to get a good chuckle for my ‘father satan.’
I didn’t hate.
I didn’t hurt anyone.
I didn’t torture and maim little animals in the name of something ‘sacred’ that’s nothing but a one way ticket to an afterlife of nothingness.
I didn’t use sex as a tool and a power trip.
I didn’t call out the name of something(one) who would only give lies, hate, contempt and deceit in return.

No, I left that up to those who choose to follow ‘something(one) else’...

My God gives me joy.

There’s no manipulation in that.
There’s no lie in that.
There’s no ‘sheeple’ in that.

I dunno who you people who attack Christianity and God think you’re attacking - but - it isn’t me.

But hey, go for it. God gave us free will, use it up as you want. But so will I. And my free will is to choose all that’s good and love and harmony and peace.

Who wouldn’t want that?

And this lucifer? What does he promise you? The absolute assurance you will be separated from all that is good and happy and joyful and loving - for eternity.

You want to be a sucker - go for it.

Me? I choose Jesus. No scam there. No lie there. Just faith, hope and love everlasting...

peace

edit on 5-4-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

I really love your reading your post, they always give me so much inspiration.God Bless

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Dudes and dudettes...ALL religious texts, Christian or otherwise, were written by men, translated by men, compiled by men, edited by men, and preached by men. Christians say they put their faith in "Jesus," but this is not entirely true. BEFORE you put you faith in "Jesus," you had to put your faith in the men who wrote, translated, compiled, edited, and preached the gospel. If it weren't for MEN, you never would have heard of "Jesus."

Just once I'd like to hear a real Christian admit it.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
this video describes the super massive black holes at the center of galaxies, being responsible for the creation of the galaxies. what i found noteworthy about it, beyond the obvious implications, is that it also addresses susskind's holographic universe theory. i'd call it more of a holographic galaxies theory

if as he suggests, the data falling into the super massive black holes is not lost, but simply re-rendered in the galaxies (conservation of matter (say bye bye to hawking radiation)), it sounds like a huge recycle center of never ending bits of data, constantly reforming themselves into various objects, which only manifest into material reality when we call upon them via observation.

Google Video Link

even more interesting (religiously speaking) is this gentleman's video about references in the book of 1 enoch which he suggests are first hand eye witness accounts by enoch, of a super massive black hole in an active galaxy

looking around for evidence that other old cultures had some knowledge of this, particularly cultures that had come out of the same geographical areas as the habiru/hibru/hebrews, i thought of hajj, which is actually a tradition that pre-dates islam. to me it looks like a symbollic representation of the galaxy, and they are all circling the super massive black hole at the center. et.al, it's the creation of the (current) universe, acted out symbollically on a galactic scale

edit on 5-4-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
If Lucifer is God and his name means Light why do all of his followers constantly wear black?

I don't know about that, but in some forms of Wicca and other Pagan religions black is worn to show that the Pure Spiritual Self is not adorned, or covered in any finery or colorful garment.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by WayfaringStranger

Dudes and dudettes...ALL religious texts, Christian or otherwise, were written by men, translated by men, compiled by men, edited by men, and preached by men. Christians say they put their faith in "Jesus," but this is not entirely true. BEFORE you put you faith in "Jesus," you had to put your faith in the men who wrote, translated, compiled, edited, and preached the gospel. If it weren't for MEN, you never would have heard of "Jesus."

Just once I'd like to hear a real Christian admit it.

As would I, friend. I often challenge Christians to prove to me that Jesus was actually a real person, and that the New Testament knows exactly what he said. No takers yet, but if you press the issue, they will call you a satanist. Ancient History reflects that the people of Old saw their Deity as a Female, a Goddess. Sometimes the old ways are the best ways.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
this guy's explanation of rendering point cloud data in a 3d game technology, shows an ethereal example of what i was referring to a couple pages ago (and note, he's using atoms as the basis for this, based on euclidean geometry and a search engine algorithm)

edit on 5-4-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Of course I can say it doesn't work. You're trying to avoid my objection by claiming that I just misunderstood the "true" meaning of the book. Did I not just explain how many different interpretations there are? You didn't write the book, so you have absolutely no idea what the true message is. I read it and I realized that I could no longer support it due to the overwhelming multitude of absurdities it contains.

That was my point. You stopped there without really testing it out.

I don't care how many error it has or interpretations. If you Do the Do's the words of Jesus - it Does work.

You never did that so until you do, you cannot say it does not work. Put up or shut up.

I read your links and I agree with them 100%. Yes, the bible does contain those errors. But that does not keep the truth behind the book from working. It's simple. Do the Do's to test it. Put up or shut up.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
WHY IS JESUS SO GREAT?

Oh man, This is an easy one
JESUS IS AWESOME. Ok I know your looking for more so here is why I know Christ is so awesome.

"JESUS Christ is the son of the one living GOD!
JESUS Loves YOU and ME Unconditionally!
If you accept JESUS as your Savior you WILL Have eternal life with love and Peace forever!
JESUS Died for you!!! That's right, he gave his very own LIFE FOR YOU. He gave him self as a sacrifice so that once and for all anyone who calls on him and accepts him as lord will receive TOTAL absolution from all past sins freeing you from your debt!
JESUS is our direct link to God. Through him we have total access to the awesome grace of GOD the FATHER of all man kind and the Creator of the Universe!
JESUS Was & is the greatest teacher of LOVE and TRUTH that EVER walked the face of the earth!

BOTTOM LINE...

OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD
ACCEPT HIM AND BEGIN THE GREAT ADVENTURE TODAY!"

save-now.com...

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join