It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Jesus Swindle, Greatest lie ever told.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Ya ya ya heard it all to many times. New age mysticism, just another sham to provide you with the confidence you were looking for, as the door hits you in the ass on the way out.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
hehe, don't crawl back now my friend . . .

Your life will be 100 times easyer when you just admit to it

edit on 2-4-2011 by notimportant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The Christian is not convicting you of anything. His message is. Don't confuse the message with the messenger. Your own feelings of inner conflict arise in the form of bias against religion and create cognitive dissonance between your mind and heart. The Christian is free from this dissonance and is at equilibrium with the world and spirit (intellect). This is called gnosis, or atonement. At-One-Ment with God.

Your feelings arise from impenetrability. Two objects cannot occupy the same space. Your emotion overrides your intellect because it is stronger and essentially pushes it aside. Anyone who lives in the flesh instead of the spirit will have stronger emotions from the five senses than a person who lives in the spirit (intellect). When a Christian mortifies the flesh, they cling to the spirit and can then manifest equanimity in their persona. This is the state of being guided by intellect over emotion. The heart is deceitful above all else (Jeremiah 17:9).

Originally posted by Seabas1123
I hate religion, I cant stand it when a christian will tell me "go to hell" "burn in hell" ect ect,

How about, NO, # OFF, i will not go to YOUR idea of eternal pain and suffering.

I respect what Christians stand for and how many people its helped through tough times BUT DONT PREACH YOUR # TO ME.

edit on 2-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The church is the exoteric form of outward worship of God. Esoteric is the spiritual practice of worship. External and internal. Christ said that the path to salvation is found in the middle. It is not the church, because that Rock built on Peter will be rolled away. It is not the internal church because that church (mysticism) will also lead you astray. The only true manifestation of God that leads to salvation is found in the middle of the two. People search each one separately for peace. Peace comes from the path in the middle.

Matthew 7:
13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Originally posted by randyvs

Ya ya ya heard it all to many times. New age mysticism, just another sham to provide you with the confidence you were looking for, as the door hits you in the ass on the way out.

edit on 2-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Irregardless of wether a person is a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim, a Hindu, a Buddist, an athiest, or anything else or not... There will always be a religion.

Some worship God, some worship a god, some worship a football team, some worship a car or a truck, some worship pop icons. And yes, some even get in fights defending what they believe in.

So even though I disagree with you about Jesus and Christianity.... and even though my beliefs or the beliefs of others may fade away one day.... there will always be a religion of some sort. And there will always be those that are fanatical about what they believe.... God vs jehovah vs Allah vs '55 chevy vs '57 chevy vs Redskins vs Cowboys vs Dale Earnhardt vs Richard Petty vs Big Mac vs Whopper...on and on and on.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seabas1123
I hate religion, I cant stand it when a christian will tell me "go to hell" "burn in hell" ect ect,

How about, NO, # OFF, i will not go to YOUR idea of eternal pain and suffering.

I respect what Christians stand for and how many people its helped through tough times BUT DONT PREACH YOUR # TO ME.

A Christian would never tell you to go to hell. So that's B.S. Or you decide that anyone who tells you that is a Christian. Kind like someone else in this thread.

So when ever disaster comes your way like oh say Japan. Remember the lies you are spewing here about those
idiot Christians, when it's you they offer help in that tuff time." Oh I respect em if their giving me food and shelter and the clothes off their back". Then when you are able you're down the road spewing crap again. It's ok though
those people don't ask for it or you to be any different.

Do you read the things you right?
edit on 2-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Well, that really easy offcourse

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Scholars, who study all the sources, would disagree with your conclusions. You are going by false teachings. The Bible is the central truth of all of mankind. If it were not, it would have been gone long ago. The fact that the Bible is at the forefront of ALL religion, politics and thought in every century is because it is uncompromising truth. If you live by the flesh, as I stated earlier, you are blind to the truth of the intellect. Your emotions will be a bully to your intellect if you cling to what drives the emotions. You will be left with bias only. Bias is your worst enemy. It blinds and amounts to incorrect judgment. Just look at how people who cannot overcome bias act. They are always blaming someone else rather than looking inside for the problem.

Buddha Said:
We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with an impure mind
And trouble will follow you
As the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart.
We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with a pure mind
And happiness will follow you
As your shadow, unshakable.
"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Live with such thoughts and you live in hate.
"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Abandon such thoughts, and live in love.
In this world
Hate never yet dispelled hate.
Only love dispels hate.
This is the law,
Ancient and inexhaustible.

Originally posted by notimportant

As is said before, I don't trust the bible, it are storys written down years after the happenings and they are twisted by yhwh himself (which worked through the people, right???).

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

reply to post by notimportant

Why are you comparing "Jesus" with Muslims??? There are some Chrsitian extremists in other countrys who kill everything what is not Christian. And what about the KKK? it's a Christiangroup who do harm to others in name of Jesus and the bible and everything else which had to deo with Christianity. And what about your country (us) which start wars in the name of the "christian god" in other country's, you are on the wrong side my friend, but to blind to see the whole image......

The KKK is a Christian group?
OMG I'm almost embarrassed for you. A group claims Christianity so that's it then ? Their automatically Christians ? Riiiight? What? If they also claim to be decendants of the Ananaki then by your thinking they built the pyramids?

He most likely wants nothing to do any image you seem to worship.

As for blindness thats for people who would not believe the truth. Sodom and Gommarah ring a bell?

edit on 2-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Why are you embarrassed for that member? The embarrassment falls on you.

SIGH... some religous folks are so gosh darn blind and ignorant that it is painful.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

That is not off course...basically, you are saying Christianity is a sham.

So, are you saying all the other religions are a sham? Or are you saying that only Christianity is a sham?

If the other religions are valid...then your OP is basically an anti-Christian thread. If you are saying all religions are a sham...,there is no more proof for Allah or jehovah or Yaweh or the other gods than Jesus; then my points are valid.

So again ...is your OP anti Christian or anti religion?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

A Christian would never tell you to go to hell. So that's B.S. Or you decide that anyone who tells you that is a Christian. Kind like someone else in this thread.

Thats a funny one. I lost track of how many times those exact words were muttered from the lips of one of those fools towards anyone to whom they consider "unworthy" of their narrow-minded hateful, bigoted views.

You got to to be kidding right? SIGH.

Some people are so deluded and blind that its SCARY!!!!

Jeez

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Every Sunday, there are people that put on a Cowboys football jersey, know all the players, recognize all the plays, know the stats of the cowboys football team, and realy get involved with the Cowboys game.... problem is, they are not one of the Dallas Cowboys football players.

Likewise, every Sunday, there are people that go to church, sing the songs, even go through the motions of reading the Bible and praying. Problem is, they are not Christians.... even Jesus says as much. He further states they will NOT be recognized in heaven.

Please do not confuse those that profess Christianity with actual Christians... as stated, an actual Christian leaves the judging to God.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone

That is not off course...basically, you are saying Christianity is a sham.

So, are you saying all the other religions are a sham? Or are you saying that only Christianity is a sham?

If the other religions are valid...then your OP is basically an anti-Christian thread. If you are saying all religions are a sham...,there is no more proof for Allah or jehovah or Yaweh or the other gods than Jesus; then my points are valid.

So again ...is your OP anti Christian or anti religion?

Mostly anti-Christian, I don't take the Islam and other religions (except for Judaism) serious

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Swindle indicates the unneccessary and iggnorant and illegal spending of money.... which, in your eyes, can be applied to Christianity. Likewise it can be applied to all religions and all human endeavors. Thus my argument that anything, when unchecked, can become a religion.

Greatest lie...indicates that Jesus and Christianity is a lie...not true...without basis. The same argument can be made for all religions and beliefs...be it Yahweh or grey aliens or global warming.

So if your argument and dissatisfaction lies only with Christianity...then your views are askew or prejudicial or discriminatory in the worst way. As such, they are only your views and with out basis or fact...and share great company with the same people you condemn... the "go to hell christians."

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone

Swindle indicates the unneccessary and iggnorant and illegal spending of money.... which, in your eyes, can be applied to Christianity. Likewise it can be applied to all religions and all human endeavors. Thus my argument that anything, when unchecked, can become a religion.

Greatest lie...indicates that Jesus and Christianity is a lie...not true...without basis. The same argument can be made for all religions and beliefs...be it Yahweh or grey aliens or global warming.

So if your argument and dissatisfaction lies only with Christianity...then your views are askew or prejudicial or discriminatory in the worst way. As such, they are only your views and with out basis or fact...and share great company with the same people you condemn... the "go to hell christians."

Well, luckely hell doens't excist so

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

"The Bible is the central truth of all of mankind." - um.....only since the Romans decided to adopt Christian doctrine, (and change it around a bit....). Before that there were MANY religions...many with very common, central themes. Christianity is really, only a recent newcomer if you look at the BIG picture of the history of mankind.

Peace, Ya'll

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
Good. I hope religion does die someday. I don't like living among a bunch of brainwashed idiots who waste the time of others and even ruin the lives of others. 2 days taken from nearly every week for the first 17 years of my life was spent in churches and other religious nonsense. All of that time adds up to a few years of my life basically flushed down the toilet.

When you can no longer stand on your own two feet who will you call on?

God will be there if you truly believe! Believe with all your heart and soul. Don't believe in anything man says on behalf of God just stay true to good morals and your heart. Look to the sky and flow your inner feelings to God in the air. Make a personal connection for yourself in your own way with love and regret for your misdeads and you too can receive Gods love. 'The Holy Spirit and God DOES exist in the material world.
edit on 2-4-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Cornczech

I think what you yet failed to understand is that the romans rule the world, the old roman empire, and that the romans made religion and did not adopt it but made it. They put books that only they saw fit and made a book out of these books, other books were left out, and there came the bible. The old men of the past are the new men of the future, same people. They created the religion, they did not adopt it.

All the books that are in opisition were left out.
All the books that were in contradiction were left out.
All the books wrote by women were left out..
...and the list go's on.

So there came this book that only offers one view, limited, made from other books.
That is not to say these books contain truth and that there is a god, they do, but religion is just a control mechanism.

edit on 2-4-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
CHRISTIANITY

The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie, who was his own father, can you live forever, if you symbolically eat his flesh & telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from you, that is present in all humanity, because a talking snake convinced a rib-woman to eat the fruit from a magical tree.

YEAH…THAT MAKES SENSE.

edit on 2-4-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swanseadog
reply to post by thewanger

you say true christians do not believe in violence of any kind yet you have a picture of Count Dante a criminal and a man who advocated extreme violence, to most people you are showing the two faced hypocracy of religion.

That's not the only example. There are other christians on ATS whose avatars preach an entirely different gospel.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join