It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STUXNET was found in japan, and may have interfered with safety systems...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Langner said the US is the main driver behind the creation of the worm.
Langner said, "My opinion is that Mossad [Israel's intelligence agency] is involved."
"There is only one leading source, and that is the United States."
Langner added the worm works by showing fabricated readings to trick human operators who think that the machines are working correctly, while the worm affects the processes. He also said that the developers had access to sensitive protected information.
Langner said, "It was engineered by people who obviously had inside information."
"They probably also knew the shoe size of the operator."

malware.cbronline.com...

if you are experienced in this line of technology
I don't have to tell you:
you know that such a virus can not be created at random...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Now researchers at Symantec say that they've identified an early version of the worm that was created in June 2009, and that the malicious software was then made much more sophisticated in the early part of 2010.

This earlier version of Stuxnet acts in the same way as its current incarnation -- it tries to connect with Siemens SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) management systems and steal data -- but it does not use some of the newer worm's more remarkable techniques to evade antivirus detection and install itself on Windows systems. Those features were probably added a few months before the latest worm was first detected, said Roel Schouwenberg, a researcher with antivirus vendor Kaspersky Lab. "This is without any doubt the most sophisticated targeted attack we have seen so far," he said.

After Stuxnet was created, its authors added new software that allowed it to spread among USB devices with virtually no intervention by the victim. And they also somehow managed to get their hands on encryption keys belonging to chip companies Realtek and JMicron and digitally sign the malware, so that antivirus scanners would have a harder time detecting it.

Realtek and JMicron both have offices in the Hsinchu Science Park in Hsinchu, Taiwan, and Schouwenberg believes that someone may have stolen the keys by physically accessing computers at the two companies

www.pcworld.com...

loss of life means nothing to these insane psycopaths

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
if you are experienced in this line of technology
I don't have to tell you:
you know that such a virus can not be created at random...

First, its Langners opinion, this is no evidence.
I know that such a virus can not be created at random... I never said that ??
and its a worm, not a virus.

As a programmer its easy for you to crack a software if you know how it works and the vulverabilities of the hosting system. Maybe he got his fingers on the firmware sourcecode.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
www.rightsidenews.com...

Anyone else's ears perked up when news came of a huge gas pipeling explosion in Iran?

It looks like it's time to pull the plugs out of computers and do everything manually.

(Or give M$'s boss a fatal virus and move to another OS).

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

yes
it is your opinion that it is his opinion

this is a speculatory thread

ps
how bout some evidence that it wasn't?

edit on 9-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
ok, so have fun speculating further more.
I didn´t mean to be disrespectfull, sorry.
edit on 11-4-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Symantec discovers 2005 US computer virus attack on Iran nuclear plantsInternet security firm finds early 'Stuxnet O.5' version revealing espionage and sabotage virus released under George W Bush

www.guardian.co.uk...

terrorism

But the computer virus, one of the most visible forms of a cyberwar that is increasingly raging between nation states

from the above link
edit on 27-2-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join