It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STUXNET was found in japan, and may have interfered with safety systems...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
STUXNET was found in japan, and may have interfered with safety systems
the US and Israel admitted stuxnet is their attack on Irans treaty sanctioned nuclear reactor
www.infosecisland.com...
I wonder why this isn't front page news...
oh yeah Libya...

this is very much like the scenario forecast in the half past human threads
attack on iran
toxic cloud
mass vacuations

google
japan stuxnet

edit on 2-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2011 by Danbones because: link

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
From the LINK

"Stuxnet targeted high speed rotating machinery controls, most probably the Uranium enrichment centrifuges in Iran. Both electricity generators and water pumps are examples of rotating machinery that are also controlled in industrial systems by PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers). Communications with industrial control systems, often via SCADA, can be a vector for attack, or as in the case of Stuxnet, malware can be introduced directly by a bad actor. It is not hard to extrapolate that designer-malware could target these systems with the intent to shut them down and cause at the very least the emergency shut down of a nuclear power plant, at the worst, release of a radioactive plume and the permanent disabling of the reactor - as has happened in Japan," Stiennon replied via email.

Numerous experts have speculated that a major cyber attack on critical infrastructure would most likely not occur in isolation, but in conjunction with a conventional kinetic attack, which would present a situation even more similar to what we are witnessing in the aftermath the natural disaster that occurred in Japan.

But if a non-kinetic Stuxnet-like attack could in effect produce serious kinetic damage on the magnitude of disabling of a nuclear facility, or worse, the discharge of radioactive material and the potential for a core meltdown, the notion that such an attack would only occur in conjunction with a traditional military offensive seems to be less likely.

I think that the whole HAARPE thing is a deliberate missdirection away from one of the real culprits responsible for this disaster

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
.. dunno, im pretty sure the massive 9.0 earthquake and following tsunami resulted in the Plants water pumps being damaged and unable to cool reactors was the main reason things are over heating.

stuxnet was incharge of tampering with enrichment capabilities I thought...

stuxnet wuoldnt do jack if the system board it was infecting was water soaked or destroyed.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
All STUXed Up

reply to post by Danbones

I think the title of this thread is misleading. Nothing in the article, including the section you quoted, suggests that STUXNET was in any way responsible for the failures of the Fukushima Daiichi reactors. In fact, the author specifically says:

From what I understand of the current crisis in Japan, the problems at the nuclear facilities did not stem from the reactors themselves sustaining significant damaged in the earthquake.

Instead, the problem with the reactor cores over-heating was caused by a disruption to the power and water supplies that are needed for the cooling systems. The problem was compounded by the destruction of the backup generators for the cooling system pumps in the subsequent tsunami.

Note that the word "STUXNET" doesn't come up anywhere in that description of the system failures.

Also, although we can assume STUXNET was found in Japan, nothing in the article actually says as much, nor that STUXNET was found at Fukushima Daiichi.

The article does speculate about how a STUXNET-like virus might be able to cause similar problems in other reactors, and that is its primary thesis, but that's a far cry from claiming -- or even suggesting -- that STUXNET was present at Fukushima Daiichi or caused system failures.

Meanwhile, googling "japan stuxnet" and "japan stuxnet fukushima" (which should not be necessary to support the premise of a thread on ATS) does turn up some claims that STUXNET was involved in the Fukushima Daiichi disaster, but their credibility is suspect, to put it politely. If there is reliable evidence for such a connection, I would love to see it.

There's nothing wrong with theorizing and speculation. That is, after all, something ATS is famous for. But without some sort of foundation in fact, that's all it is.

My tuppence, YMMV.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I suppose israel will say its payback for the japanese being hitlers allies. Or that its only some goys, so it dosnt matter to them. As long as they are alright, thats the only thing which matters to them. As for the rest of us? We are just animals there to be used and abused by the chosen.....

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
.. dunno, im pretty sure the massive 9.0 earthquake and following tsunami resulted in the Plants water pumps being damaged and unable to cool reactors was the main reason things are over heating.

stuxnet was incharge of tampering with enrichment capabilities I thought...

stuxnet wuoldnt do jack if the system board it was infecting was water soaked or destroyed.

The reactor complex stood up to the quake and the tsunami quite well. The four reactors which blew were all behind a massive concrete building. The building housed the electricity generating turbines. The turbine building wasn't structurally damged.

The earliest pics of the Fukushima plant showed that at least superficially the damage was minor to the site. Pipes were in place, nothing much at all was washed away.

The backup generators are in waterproof containers and weren't washed away. I don't know if any of the fuel tanks were washed away but getting diesel wouldn't have taken long if that's all the problem was.

Then the battery backup. The batteries were fine, and spare batteries were airlifted in and ready to swap. But nothing worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First it was one reactor which started overheating, then another and then another and in the end ALL six reactor buildings reported the exact same problem - the cooling pumps were broken. Now what happened at Fukushima daini? The plant is 12 kms down the road from Dai-ichi - which blew. Well at Dai-ni they also had a problem. Do you know what it was? Yes! That's right! The cooling systems failed.

I've suspected stuxnet sine over a week ago and I have a thread here which I posted about a week ago. I have gone into some more detail than I have in this reply here. Generally I have not received a positive response from my hypothesis. Regardless, I think it must be stuxnet.

Stuxnet doesn't only screw with the centrifuges. It'll mess with any high-speed motor systems. The stuxnet worm is intended to create a disaster out of an accident. If stuxnet has infiltrated the system it can prevent a safe shutdown and while all hell is breaking loose at the reactor site, the people in the control room know nothing is wrong because the stuxnet worm can arrange for all the dials and meters to indicate everything is well.

The stuxnet worm is intended to attack the centrifuges, the cooling systems and the backup systems. The generators and the batteries were working at first in Fukushima and then they broke down one by one as the worm took over. Stuxnet woulN't let the backup systems power the cooling systems and wrecked the speed controllers in the motors.

Please, please look at the stuxnet possibility. If you see what stuxnet is and what it does and see what happened in Fukushima then you will surely become suspicious. Sendai servers (near Fukushima) were known to be infected by stuxnet last October.

And Israel did the security!!! Israel does security for all Japanese nuke plants, and also those of the US. The makers of stuxnet were from the same team as the ones doing security at the plants that were attacked.

Now there's another thing that happened and it's being forgotten very quickly by the very few people who know about it. Here'tis:-

Some Rightists drove their military-styled bus through the closed gates of Fukushima Dai-ni nuke plant. They were in the compound for ten minutes. Then they left and were caught by the police two hours later. The Kyodo report states the members and the vehicle have to be radioactively decontaminated.

I'm really typing this far too fast because I've got to go somewhere, but I think those rightists were trying to get evidence of the stuxnet worm from the computers. I don't know whether they got what they were looking for, but since their bizarre break-in there has been no news. I am very suspicious.

And I'm highly suspicious of who exactly the people in an Israeli 'delegation' now in Japan who are described as 'nuclear experts.' I suspect the group is using the humanitarian aspect of their highly-publicised mission to hide some 'experts' destroying evidence in some computers.

Anyway - I'll check back later when I've got more time. Sorry for too many typos.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Where is your source for the title claims? Article is from sensible man who considers possible results of STUXNET-type virus attack on nuclear facility and how to protect against it. Nowhere he claims that this computer virus (or even something similar) was found in Japan tragedy. He just suggests that damage from earthquake and tsunami sort approximately simulated what STUXNET can cause.
I understand that making Israel look bad is a noble and worthy (though time consuming) cause, but it actually serves the opposite. Who will trust even usual half-truths if open lies are told by the same people?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by richaado

The reactor complex stood up to the quake and the tsunami quite well.

Apparently it did not. Because there is a meltdown , you know? It is of course easier to blame Haarp or Jews or whatever but 9 earthquake+ tsunami that killed almost 30000 people surely are not to blame for what happens in 40 year old nuclear station.

And Israel did the security!!! Israel does security for all Japanese nuke plants, and also those of the US. The makers of stuxnet were from the same team as the ones doing security at the plants that were attacked.

Ha? How do you know who wrote stuxnet? Security systems (survalence cameras and security fence) were produced and installed by Israeli private firm (Magna) years ago. True. No Israeli was "doing security" there ,equipment was used by Japanese.
You know, Israel is doing lots of hightech stuff. Hard to find PC without something designed in Israel.
Lik to Magna:
www.magnabsp.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by richaado

The earliest pics of the Fukushima plant showed that at least superficially the damage was minor to the site. Pipes were in place, nothing much at all was washed away.

The backup generators are in waterproof containers and weren't washed away. I don't know if any of the fuel tanks were washed away but getting diesel wouldn't have taken long if that's all the problem was.

Then the battery backup. The batteries were fine, and spare batteries were airlifted in and ready to swap. But nothing worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First it was one reactor which started overheating, then another and then another and in the end ALL six reactor buildings reported the exact same problem - the cooling pumps were broken. Now what happened at Fukushima daini? The plant is 12 kms down the road from Dai-ichi - which blew. Well at Dai-ni they also had a problem. Do you know what it was? Yes! That's right! The cooling systems failed.

1. Stuxnet design allowed it to manipulate devices that controlled the spin rate of equipment very slowly, so that the change was imperceptible. Its design does not shut them down completely because it would have easily been detected everywhere it impacted.

2. The electrical problem was caused by the design of the electrical system. For some idiotic reason they ran all power to breaker systems in underground rooms. These rooms were flooded by the Tsunami. Thus electrical systems failed. No amount of backup systems would work while the power is sent to flooded electrical rooms, no matter what the condition of the power generation equipment was in.

3. The "superficial damage" you speak of is severely understated.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
my source for the title claim?
when googling i found a lot of sources
which for a person actually looking for the truth would find easily

I'm going to discount all posts who wouldn't even take that basic step
why waste my time?

for those who want to look into it further:
try Mike Rivero whatreallyhappened.com

oh, and to all you who yell so loud
I might be misleading you
IT AINT ME WHOS DECIEVING YOU
stuxnet might be your demise
unless radiation does not effect ostriches.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
heres a link to Rivero's coverage of it

I' not mentioning this for debate
what' the point?
SIEMENS is world wide and the germans have just quit the nuclear power biz at home.
most are not that smart.
not in the US either
Oh well...

this is a darwination event
dinoaurs were strong...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
cut the blame the JEW crap!!!!
tha is something only a truth hater would say
the US is also responsible
the US contains other then..
or DIDN"T YOU READ?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Factually Challenged

Originally posted by Danbones
my source for the title claim?
when googling i found a lot of sources
which for a person actually looking for the truth would find easily

I'm going to discount all posts who wouldn't even take that basic step
why waste my time?

If you can't be bothered to support your own claims, then you're basically trolling your own thread. I could just as easily say my cat caused the disaster, and it would be no better nor worse. As a participant in this thread, I won't be acting as a moderator, but if this is how you're going to post here, I will request -- as a member -- that this thread be moved to Skunk Works.

There's nothing wrong with speculating, and if that's what you're doing, it's okay to be honest about it. If you have a valid point, then there's no need for hand-waving or telling people to "google it". If your claim is worth anything at all, it shouldn't be too much to ask that you bother to back it up with something.

But if you're going to make claims without foundation and respond to members who express legitimate skepticism with ridicule, then you're indulging in behavior in direct opposition to the ATS motto.
:shk:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
here you go ZERO
is the NW time good enough for you?
www.nytimes.com...

like I said bury your head
if you knew the consequences for Israel and its citizens from the DU and the nuclear war around Israel
you might show your real concern...

they are already doomed from slow irradiation, and after the the commencing plan
as layed out by gen clark regarding the conquering of all the countries for a greater israel is finished, there will be such a marked reduction in life expectancy in the region, it will finally be the holocaust they've always dreamed of...

wouldn't want to let a little knowledge get in the way of that now would we..?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

I have put up links for everything
i was commenting on the attitude of the questioners...

I have always put up links when requaested
or stood down

is that true for all?
edit on 2-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

You might want to look at your own behavior before lambasting others. You are torpedoing your own thread.

Personally, I find the possibility of Fukushima Daiichi being affected by STUXNET intriguing, and if true, it would be a HUGE story that would rock the world.

But if you're trying to bury such a story under obfuscation and handwaving, you're going about it the right way.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

I see your point Majic
I am not even going to disagree

the subject is too deep for one thread or to it have handed to a person on a plate.

I have put it up
with a decent start for anyone who wants to unravel it.

I'm going to do something about it
and I am going to go out and cut me some Chaga fungus off of some birtch trees

I'll modify my style accordingly thank you.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
I have put it up
with a decent start for anyone who wants to unravel it.

I really don't want to come across as unduly harsh or belaboring the point, but frankly, if someone is going to unravel it, they should start their own thread and get proper credit for it rather than commit their research to a thread like this.

I'm trying hard to make what I think is an important point without derailing the thread, but it kind of derailed itself, and the way you're reacting to reasonable requests for substance only make things worse.

The truth is that we move threads like these to the Trash Bin or Skunk Works all the time, not because we're trying to suppress the truth, or for any of the myriads of other sinister motives people attribute to us. Rather, it's that there are basic standards for what goes where.

Threads based on facts are more suited to fact-based forums, while threads based on speculation belong in speculative forums. Threads based on facts that aren't even related to their premise often find their way into the Trash Bin, simply because they don't meet basic standards for topical relevance.

I'm not saying that needs to be the case here, I'm just saying that if you truly believe this thread has merit, please treat it that way and put forth the effort to support your claims -- not by telling people to "bury their head" or look elsewhere (doing that renders this thread irrelevant) -- but by making your own case.

I don't think that's too much to ask.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Stuxnet has to rank as one of the most over-rated, over-hyped, and mis-understood pieces of malicious software ever written.

It was written to target a specific piece of hardware, in a particular configuration. Unless you happen to have uranium enrichment centrifuges attached to your computer you have nothing to worry about.

That Stuxnet spread across the 'net was simply a move to hide who the real culprits were, and make it look like a random infection even though the systems it targeted were highly protected and isolated from any network!!!

People really have to get a grip on reality AND UNDERSTAND HOW THIS STUFF REALLY WORKS!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Wow! The shills are feverish.

Stuxnet isn't overhyped. Whether or not only Iran's nuclear plant was the only intended target and it escaped, or it's being released deliberately doesn't alter the fact that it is the most sophisticated and effective piece of malware ever known.

www.pinewswire.net...

Read the above and read some facts about stuxnet. I'm well aware those who don't want to know won't see regardless of how many articles they read.

Anyone with an open mind and even a normal education and intelligence must surely see the stuxnet worm fits the bill, and can see at a glance even - with a simple search - that this worm was in Sendai servers, and what happened after the quake at the plant is precisely what would have happened if stuxnet was operating.

Unfortunately whoever is responsible for stuxnet doesn't seem to be keen on providing a signed confession, so those looking to explain the mystery must try to make decisions and verdicts on what information is at hand.

The quake caused a lot of damage. It is suspected there was an emergency after the quake but before the tsunami as a worker at the Fukushima Dai-ichi plant reported steam coming from a reactor. The tsunami also caused damage. But the damage was not at all like what happened to most buildings. The turbine buildings effectively protected the four reactors which were sitting on the opposite side of them to the sea. The fuel tanks weren't washed away and they were in the front!

There was ample power for a shutdown. Perhaps the shutdown would have needed manual intervention due to physical damage done to a portion of the systems which are activated during the shutdown?

But all the cooling systems going down on all the reactors including those at Fukushima Dai-ni??? That's too much of a coincidence.

In a way this crisis unfolding reminds me of the WTC event. At first everyone was shouting the planes must have done it because it looked so dramatic and they were shocked. But how many level heads still think planes brought down those buildings?

Same in Fukushima. The quake wasn't a mag 9 at Fukushima.

I'm noticing a screaming deafening silence on the stuxnet worm recently. Only a few months ago the US/Israeli crowd were laughing about how easily they might have wrecked the reactor at Beshehr and the centrifuges. Reports saying how brilliant it was and how much cheaper and more effctive it was to wreck the Iranian reactor using a computer virus over an air attack!

Then we started to see a trickle of concerned people saying the stuxnet worm was in Asia and that nuclear plants and other major infrastructure were shutting down and/or going through a process of something they describe as 'stress-testing.'

Now there is nary a single word in the manipulated media about stuxnet. You have to check the archives for news about it. But there are still plenty of reputable sources which stae the stuxnet worm was found in Sendai's servers.

The shills say the stuxnet worm is overrated? How come? Did it not do its job of wrecking a nuclear programme in Iran? Are you afraid to see what you might find if you look into why so many power stations have shut down recently?

The worm causes its damage by affecting the internal 'clock' of the systems. It affects the speed controllers. It alters the frequency sampling rate and sends motors out of control and to their destruction. This means the motor is dead. The electronically controlled speed controllers on an infected piece of equipment will be out of control.

The only way to bypass the system would mean physically yanking the wires out of the supply and shoving them directly on the field coils and adjusting the speed manually.

I know this is too big to be allowed to get out to the public. But I don't know how they can do it. There will need to be a veritable army of shills on every public board to try to spread disinfo on what stuxnet is and does. Surely they cannot succeed.

Whether deliberately or accidentally the makers of stuxnet have probably caused the whole planet to be contaminated by deadly radiation. They don't look keen to say anything, so there's going to be a lot of trolling on forums to try to prevent debate on stuxnet. In the wider picture I see many people being disappeared if they get too close to revealing who is responsible.

It seems the Israelis have admitted stuxnet is theirs. It was made from US, German and British help as well. Tested in Dimona, Israel with centrifuges identical to those the Iranians were using. It worked perfectly.

It's a declaration of war against mankind is what it is!

I'm somewhat limited with what I can do to expose stuxnet but I'm trying my best. I hope others are more effective than me and will succeed in breaking through the silence and the lies of the ones protecting the guilty.

There's only a hope in hell the people responsible for releasing stuxnet will receive justice and be made to atone for their utterly irresponsible computer warfare. Yet the truth must be said. I hope it can be heard.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join