It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Facts You (Probably) Never Knew About the Moon

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavemanthinking
i think the moon is getting farther away not closer. it has to do with the earths rotation vs the moons orbit direction when these things contra each other they orbiting body will get farther away we see this with mars and its two moons phebos is orbiting with mars and getting closer to it whal demonos is orbiting agenst mars and getting farther away this whole idea makes that entire list suspect i doubt most of those are facts at all

Anomalous changes in moons orbit......

Moons orbit changing...becoming more eccentric.

Here is the link......

arxiv.org...

edit on 7-4-2011 by csgt428 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2011 by csgt428 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
awesome thread! This is why I love ATS!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The moon is an artificial space craft, placed to observe humans on earth.

Here's an extract from David Icke's latest book "Human Race - Get off your knees"

"Knight and Butler say that if you multiply the circumference of the Moon by that of the Earth, the result is 436,669,140 kilometres. If this number is divided by 100 it becomes 436,669 kilometres - the circumference of the Sun correct to 99.9 percent.

If you divide the circumference of the Sun by that of the Moon and multiply by 100 you get the circumference of the Earth. Divide the size of the Sun by the size of the Earth and multiply by 100 and you get the size of the Moon."

So was the moon placed their on purpose....you better believe it!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Wrong (sigh....)

The moon is an artificial space craft, placed to observe humans on earth.

Wrong. And, David Icke is a crackpot, sorry........

AS TO the "spacecraft" nonsense.....look at Mars, and its two satellites. I am not saying that THEY are "artificial", of course....but if they were, would make a heck of a lot more sense. Our HUGE Moon is overkill, and completely unnecessary as some sort of 'artificial observing station". Utter rubbish....

Sorry, again that people fall for this rot. As the OP is full of nothing by lies and misconceptions. Guess people wish to live in fantasy, rather than reality?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Number four after the peice about the Greek philosphers says that the shard stand sin the Ukert area of the moon! Ukert was made infamous by Richard C Hoagland who says that there is a huge equalateral triangle in it. The shard actually stand in the south west area of Sinus Medii.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by kaiode1

I've been employed in communications by a company that has NASA contracts since I was hired shortly after the Shuttle Disaster in 1986 because our company started a program for NASA at that time. It doesn't mean I know more than you but there are thousands of contractors for NASA that could blow the whistle on what we do if found frivolous or faulty, or disingenuous. So I do have to communicate facts, and that is all I am interested in, proven repeatable field experimentationally demonstrated facts.

But your not communicating facts anymore than the OP is. You don't have the highest clearane in the world, so you only know what they want you to know, to get the job done. Thats the way it works in our corrupt world!

When you get an umbra, rhyolitte, majic etc let us know.........

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Thank you for posting this link. Because I'm seeing some drawings and articles I remembered seeing back in the 80's that literally showed that we may have a working base on the moon.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

The difference between the Earth and the Moon's relative ages will still exist under current protocols. This difference is another key pertaining to it's non-solar origins theory.
You can travel a long way in a billion years.
If the same crop of original beings are still managing their mobile asset, imagine how different they could be. I suspect that in most matters we would have NOTHING in common. At worst we are a herd, at best pets, neutrally, allowed to exist. For us not to be a trivial concern may be our undoing. How much interest do we want to engender here?
These dudes are way cleverer than us. I don't want to be an ant tracked by a magnifying glass.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by largo

The difference between the Earth and the Moon's relative ages will still exist under current protocols.

What do you mean by "current protocols?" In any event, the Earth and Moon are exactly the same age; you need to go back and read the thread!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
we've only been to the moon a handful of times. I do not find it strange that we know so little about it. I do not expect even the most credible of experts to make an absolute assertation of all the moons ins and outs cause if thats the case then those geologist guys are slacking, we know so little about our planet. I haven't heard about most of the stuff in the OP though and thats super cool stuff!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DontProbeMeBro

OMG Normally I breeze right by peoples avatar's to read the post but yours takes the cake man I was laughing at work for like 20 min. watching a Spartan bananna slap

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Are you suggesting that the moon is a deathstar?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

I think you might be right mate and I have the evidence to prove it! Just need to finish my first 20 replies.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Amazing read, really. S&F

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by laslidealist

Ok, sorry if someone said this inbetween this post and mine, but I couldn't read anymore.

What you said is exactly what happened. After the first few moon landings it became "routine" (as if a trip to the moon could ever really be routine!). The public lost almost all interest in the Apollo program. We beat the Russians, and that was that. They even canceled a live space interview w/ some Apollo astronauts, because nobody wanted to watch it.

One the public lost interest, the politicians lost interest. Once the politicians lost interest, the funding ran dry. No funding= no more moon trips.

Nowadays, no enough of the public would support such a program to justify the spending. I wish it wasn't the case, but it is. I would, you probably would, but many many wouldn't because they have their heads shoved so far were the sun don't shine they don't give a darn about the glory that WAS the space program, or the many new technologies that spurred from it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This thread is still going? Everytime I watch nasa documentaries on tv I can't help thinking out loud what the hell are the astronauts thinking about? It must be such a disgrace for americans and russians to have gone to the moon with tax-payer money and yet we can't get an ounce of truth from anyone...except off-the-record rumors of he said and she said.....

WTF! When are people gonna grow a set of gonads and DEMAND the truth? Your not going to get anything from the tea party other than right wing lunatics demanding smaller government and less taxes for the wealthy.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I originally read this thread when it was first put up and the information was amazing.

But i just came back so i could use the link to the website for another look, and when you get on to the website the info is no longer there! I'm gutted. Has it been taken down?

Anybody else experiencing the same thing?????

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

Yeah, the entire website seems to have been emptied. Luckily the Wayback Machine has a copy.

I'm reading this as pure fiction by the way. Breezing through this thread confirms my suspicion that most of these 'facts' are just fabrications.

Still entertaining tho, in a The Da Vinci Code kinda way.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Is it made of cheese?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Yeah strange that the link is dead, anyhow I found the same information from the orginal "404ed" link here:

Strange moon facts.

ALS

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join