It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insidious is Scary as Hell!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

you found insiduous scarey?

It's not like I had to cry for my muda, but there were scary moment's in the movie.

i personally didnt find anything scary about it at all

So dead people haunting you, a demon haunting you or you son in a coma is not a scary thought?
What movie make's you scared then? I dont get scared, I mean, im quite a big-ish near 30 year old bloke, not like some movie is going to really scare me.
But I let myself go with the flow and get sucked into it if it's a good movie, if not, what's the point of watching horror? Im a major horror fan, I seen so many horror's that it's near enough impossible to get scared as if youre about to get eaten by a shark.
Still, there are some jumps. It's a good movie.

was an ok movie as movies go but tbh iv seen better.

Well yes of cos. Everytime you watch something, just remember, there is alway's something better.

That dont mean the movie is not worth the watch or it doesnt scare or anything.

I been reading alot of negative reviews on the net about the movie and I just dont understand what people want.
You wana be really scared? Join the army and go to war.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

im a major horror fan as well, and to me i didnt find the movie scary at all in fact i was disappointed in it. the concept of the movie was good dont denting the fact it was a decent movie just didnt think it was scary lol. the movie actually reminded me of poltergeist in some ways, mayb its just me and i have been desensitized when ti comes to blood guts and gore, dunno. it just takes a lot to actually freak me out to for me to consider somthing scary

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

the movie actually reminded me of poltergeist

100%

I thought this also as I watched it. Not only because the stories are similar, but some scenes also.

I do get what you are saying, im the same, I dont know why I am debating lol

But!

It wasnt that bad c'mon??

It was different. Even though Poltergeist did not scare me, I still think it was a great horror.

My girlfriend listens to the music, just the music of The Exorcist and she freaks out!

I cannot understand that. lol

What an epic wimp! I tell her that alway's

Whenever I wana piss her off, I say "Tubular Bells"......she goes off on one

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

i loved poltergeist, not for the scare factor but it did creep me out a lil mind u i was a kid when i first watched it
wouldn't go near tvs for a while:O lol

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia

i loved poltergeist, not for the scare factor but it did creep me out a lil mind u i was a kid when i first watched it
wouldn't go near tvs for a while:O lol

Ok im lying thinking about it real hard and reading this comment I just realised I did get scared on 1 movie that made me think about it everytime I took a swim. Still to this day, the thought lies at the back of my head.

JAWS. lol

So, same as you with the TV but not TVs, oceans. lol

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I didn't go in the ocean for years after Jaws, hehe... But then, I had a lot of access to pools, and hated the taste of saltwater, so that factors in there somewhere.

Prior to seeing Jaws, I had a close encounter with a hammerhead that I didn't expect (he wasn't interested in me, and luckily, I was smart enough at the time to swim for shore without a lot of splashing...pays to be a Coast Guard brat)... So, seeing Jaws after, just cinched it for me.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I haven't seen it yet but i plan on buying it today, thanks to this thread. haha Thanks!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I have been dying to see this. I keep hearing how scary it is. If it's not I'll be disappointed!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Obviously, the theater environment lends something to it...but it's definitely one of the scariest films I've seen in years...even more than the Ring.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Obviously, the theater environment lends something to it...but it's definitely one of the scariest films I've seen in years...even more than the Ring.

More than the Ring? WOW! That movie did give me major creep vibes. I watched in while in Italy with my bf and was creeped out esp after he made me watch the video on the bonus features lol.

I can't wait to see this. My bf loves horror movies which is great! I use to have to watch them alone because nobody I know likes horror movies or movies of this kind. He has seen some of my favorite B rated movies and I was shocked. Movie soul mates

What is another one you think that is scary. I need another one to bring to watch and I don't know what to get. It can be horror or sci-fi scary. We don't discriminate on scary!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

There's different kinds of "Scary". By scary, some people mean gore, others mean suspense, others mean creepy, etc, or jump scenes.

Personally, I like a good combination of the above.

The Ring and Insidious, are definitely a bit in a class by themselves. The original Omen movies come close, or the Exorcist, of course.

I liked Paranormal Activity (good jump scenes), but also kind of boring lead up...like Blair Witch. But these aren't near the same category.

There was one (I think it was called Shutter) about a japanese ghost haunting a man who moves with his wife, to Japan for a job. That was decent, but again, not the same level of scariness. Maybe time to do a thread (or search for one) of the best, scary movies.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

There's different kinds of "Scary". By scary, some people mean gore, others mean suspense, others mean creepy, etc, or jump scenes.

Personally, I like a good combination of the above.

Agreed! I find more movies labeled "horror" today to be more like "gore," than horror. I like suspense creepy scary mostly. If a movie can scare me without lots of scary CGI beings but just on concept then that is good for me!

Another movie that creeped me out recently was The Passengers.. I saw this last year and well I won't spoil it but it really gave me chills.

The Ring and Insidious, are definitely a bit in a class by themselves. The original Omen movies come close, or the Exorcist, of course.

Agreed! The Exorcist scared me half to death as a kid. It was a bday party movie and my mom got permission from everyone in attendance before she showed it. I remember my friend hiding under her blanket saying "it's just a movie," over and over.

I liked Paranormal Activity (good jump scenes), but also kind of boring lead up...like Blair Witch. But these aren't near the same category.

I am one of the few who wasn't creeped out by these movies although PA2 did make me jump in a few scenes. I didn't care for the first one but it was still good and I could see why many were spooked by it. I guess with the topics I am into and things I have seen I don't spook very easily.

There was one (I think it was called Shutter) about a japanese ghost haunting a man who moves with his wife, to Japan for a job. That was decent, but again, not the same level of scariness. Maybe time to do a thread (or search for one) of the best, scary movies.

I remember that movie, it was with the kid from Dawson's Creek, Pacy. I can't remember his real name lol I actually liked that movie. I heard it was a remake of an earlier title of the same name.

The Japanese have some really good horror flicks IMO. I went to see Reincarnation during Horror Fest years back and I really enjoyed that movie. Creeps all around and it was subtitled! Many times when I go thru the "horror" selection on PPV many of the ones I look at that seem good are Japanese in origin. I like the way they don't really show anything yet you are still scared pantless!

I am a HUGE horror/sci-fi fan and my bf really enjoys them as well. Any suggestions would be great!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
you know what freaked me out was the movie see no evil - www.imdb.com... - it has Kane from the WWE in it

but only cos i hate anything that has to do with eye gouging
freaks me out every time, not really a scary movie per sai just the eye thing *shudders*

cant say theres anything lately that i could say actually scared me tho
which is a pity, theres been a few that have made me go ewwww i.e the first saw movie after that it got kinda predictable for me lol. final destination had some graphic scenes in it. the ring was meh good for what it was didn't find it creepy though. The grudge when i first watched it was good those noises were eerie

only movies that truly scared me i suppose was when i was a kid and watched nightmare on elm street , child's play and exorcist

i loved the hills have eyes, not for the fear factor just the reality factor that summit like that could happen. When i first saw the shining that scared the crap out of me
...heerree'ss johnny
the house of wax remake was a bit messed up lol

hmm what else was decent.........the last house on the left: www.imdb.com...
i personally didnt find it screy but it did sicken me in a way i thought it was a good watch...hmm dawn of the dead it though was good for the gore scenes, and theres comedy thrown in.

poltergeist though is one of my favorites to watch, doesn't scare me but it is creepy and another oldy was rosemary's baby for the creep factor.

silence of the lambs was eerie

i truly though would like to see a movie that scares the pants of me, as of yet i havnt found one

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia
you know what freaked me out was the movie see no evil - www.imdb.com... - it has Kane from the WWE in it

but only cos i hate anything that has to do with eye gouging
freaks me out every time, not really a scary movie per sai just the eye thing *shudders*

I saw this!! It was on Chiller Network a while back. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that channel. If I could buy just Chiller and History Intl I'd be just fine. They show all old programs like Outer Limits or American Gothic and anything like it. They also show all kinds of movies that never made it to theaters and honestly a few should have! They also show Buffy Sunday nights from 12am-7am...

only movies that truly scared me i suppose was when i was a kid and watched nightmare on elm street , child's play and exorcist

Nightmare on Elm Street is my all time favorite horror series! I didn't care for the remake at all, mostly because I didn't like how they made Freddy look. They made him look nothing like Freddy. The story wasn't bad they kept the original themes but redid them in their own way which I liked.

LOL Child's Play! I watched number 3 the other night

I don't know if you had "My Buddy" dolls over there but we had these dolls for boys called My Buddy and they looked eerily like Chucky lol

i loved the hills have eyes, not for the fear factor just the reality factor that summit like that could happen. When i first saw the shining that scared the crap out of me
...heerree'ss johnny
the house of wax remake was a bit messed up lol

I love Rob Zombies movies! He is a good horror movie maker imo even his remakes are top. He is a huge horror fan though, he did get married on Halloween. His wife does pretty good in his movie too, she sure can scream! LOL!

hmm what else was decent.........the last house on the left: www.imdb.com...
i personally didnt find it screy but it did sicken me in a way i thought it was a good watch...hmm dawn of the dead it though was good for the gore scenes, and theres comedy thrown in.

I loved Dawn of the Dead! Last House On The Left was disturbing to say the least.

silence of the lambs was eerie

Great movie and yes it was!

i truly though would like to see a movie that scares the pants of me, as of yet i havnt found one

The one movie that did that for me was "Signs." Funny to me because I love alien movies but that one really freaked me out..

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

The one movie that did that for me was "Signs." Funny to me because I love alien movies but that one really freaked me out..

haha yea i know what u mean with that one, scares one of my daughters that one, mayb because its so realistic in a way. I watched that movie whilst i was in my full UFO/crop circle research phase and it make me think twice

edit on 23/7/11 by ronishia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

www.imdb.com... - Yellow Brick Road!! watch it! it freaked me out lol

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Spoilers...

So I just bought the DVD 2 days ago, (if your in england get it form Asda's to get "The Messenger's" movie with it) yeah I liked it, had a couple of jumps and a very creepy vibe.

Jay Larose (sp?) Troy from Saw 3 was pretty good as the long haired fiend, I loved the bit were he's pacing (without spoiling).

But, yes that family in the Further were creepy as hell, and I did say if DM's grandmother is the main villian I would laugh, well even though I saw him in the trailer I still jumped in the movie. I like that he smears his face with lipstick to seem friendly, so devious.

I wasn't that keen on the whole AP aspect but it fit well enough and there have definatly been some stories and my own experiance about things wanting to take your body whilst doing it.

Overall I did enjoy it, wouldn't say "Scary as hell" but it definatly had a vibe going. Plenty of chills.

Edit to Add: The Messenger's that came with it (all for only £10.00) was OK.
It's a Ghosthouse Production, Directed by the Pang Brothers (Danny and Oxide). It stars Kristen Stewart in her first Horror movie, I think she was 15 at the time so it's not that new.
It's got a haunted house theme and touches on the subject of kids being able to see spirit's.
So yeah if your in England go to Asda's for it, I'm sure you can probably get it in the US from Walmart too seeing as they are sister companies.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join