ATS Member Country Soul Has Passed Away

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+37 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
He wasn't very active on the boards, he didn't use computers much more than to listen to music, but we were together for 22 years and I miss him so much.

We had some problems towards the end, though the love was still there. We have a beautiful daughter and four wonderful grandchildren that also suffer the loss of such an incredible person.

He fell coming home on a very cold night and wasn't found until early in the morning.
Rest in peace Phil, I treasure the years we had, and the hole in my heart will never heal.

Admin can close his account.
edit on 2/4/2011 by anxietydisorder because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss, ....

Yet fret not, ... for not one is ever lost, ... all I can offer is one of my favorite quotes.

May he, ... and you, ... find peace. Together.

death is nothing at all. i have only slipped away into the next room. i am i, and you are you. whatever we were to each other, that we still are. call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way you always used to. put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. play, smile, think of me, pray for me. let my name be ever the household word that it always was, let it be spoken without effort, no trace of a shadow on it. life means all that it ever meant. it is the same as it ever was. there is unbroken continuity. why should i be out of mind because i am out of sight? i am waiting for you, somewhere very near. just around the corner. all is well.
-- Henry Scott Holland 1847 - 1918
Canon of St Paul's, London

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Sorry for your loss if it means anything... I have never heard/seen a members death on ATS before...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
my heartfelt condolences.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
That's tragic. I'm sorry..

I hope you feel well and are able to deal with it alright.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and I wish I had met him around the forum.

I hope you can remember all the good times that you had and take solace in them and in your children who are the part of him that will always be with you.

Please feel free to contact me if you need to vent or talk, I know I am a stranger to you but I can only offer you what I have and that is my time and condolences.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I'm sure you had problems in the beginning and the middle and the end..as we all do. For some reason I took that statement of yours as if you were saying... We had PROBLEMS towards the end... I'm feeling a little guilty..but I loved him! We all have problems... you loved him and that's what counts!!! I just don't want you beating yourself up because you may have had problems... we all do. After 22yrs... it doesn't matter what problems you were having.. YOU LOVED HIM.. as he LOVED YOU.

I'm sooo sooo sorry for you're pain. My heart and thoughts go out to you.
edit on 2-4-2011 by tracehd1 because: spchk

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Sorry for the pain you are suffering from his loss and I hope one day you find some peace. I know it isn't much comfort coming from a stranger, but at least you have his memories to tell those who didn't know him in life about him. Never the less I hope you find some strength through this loss.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray that your heart is comforted.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
He wasn't very active on the boards, he didn't use computers much more than to listen to music, but we were together for 22 years and I miss him so much.

We had some problems towards the end, though the love was still there. We have a beautiful daughter and four wonderful grandchildren that also suffer the loss of such an incredible person.

He fell coming home on a very cold night and wasn't found until early in the morning.
Rest in peace Phil, I treasure the years we had, and the hole in my heart will never heal.

Admin can close his account.
edit on 2/4/2011 by anxietydisorder because: Spelling

I am sorry for your loss, there's not much that can be said to make up for the empty space, but something my grandma said to me ironically after she watched vanilla sky ( yeah I know, she actually watched ) .. but she said when she knew her health was failing that we'd see eachother soon "when we are cats" ...

I don't believe in all of the afterlife stuff, but that resonated with me.. and I think love is one of those things that knows no boundries.. he'll never be gone as long as you love him.. and who he was will always be as long as you remember him.... in that regard, you could probbaly even ask him a question and get the right answer if you honor his memory ..

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
sorry for your loss but look at it like this..... At least now he can finally get the answers he has been looking for on the heavenly ATS where all the answers are

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I'm sorry for your loss. It breaks my heart to hear things like this. It does help me by waking myself up about how precious life is. I don't know how to pray but will be thinking of you during these sad times and will read his posts out of respect.

Peace

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Thank-you for your replies.

I cried at first until the reality hit that I had to deal with all the lawyers, insurance companies, banks, family, etc...

I've been crushed to the point that I wanted to follow him, hoping we could be together again, but I won't because I have responsibilities that I can't ignore. Yet I still cry and need to take days that I shut out the world.

There have even been days that I'm so angry at him for leaving, and other feeling I just don't understand. Like the times I want to say something and he's not there to listen.
edit on 2/4/2011 by anxietydisorder because: wording

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

When you lose someone its so hard for anyone to say anything without sounding like they are talking in platitudes or generalisations. I lost my grandmother just last week and each persons loss and the way that they deal with it is different.

I guess this is a platitude and I'm sorry for it, you had a chance to be with someone that you loved and you produced something wonderful (your child) together, she is the embodiment of your love for each other and need you to be there for her, which I am sure you will be.
I will be thinking about you and hoping that you are ok
In your grandchildren you have an ever lasting testament to his life and to your relationship
edit on 2-4-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

That was hard for me many years ago because my gran and I were very close. Grief is such a hard emotion to understand or even define.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I am but a young man, but I have been through enough to know the pain of losing someone. I am terribly sorry for your loss and hope that your strength regain soon to venture on in their memory.
edit on 2/4/2011 by Soundless because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Requiescat in pace Country Soul

May comfort find you and your family

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I'm sorry for your loss.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
So sorry for your loss... Just know you will be reunited again one day when the time is right...

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join