It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quran Burning Causes mass riots!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There were wars because of religions, and there always will be. Not a single religion can be proven to be right. All these wars are useless...
See now why I became Agnostic?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If your religion can't handle a copy of a book getting burned, then you might want to consider looking at it like this.
The very first book that God wrote for man, in his own hand was broken by Moses. I assure you poor wounded people that your God is amused you are so concerned over the paper. The words are Holy but the paper holds no value. If you cannot forgive, you will not be forgiven. Your Karma shall return to you. The time of sorrows is upon the Earth and we have more important things to worry about right now.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
i read this whole thing and saw nothing but racism and ignorant hatred from the lot of you.

with the exception of those who said nothing insulting arabs or islam, you all should feel highly ashamed of yourselves bringing this kind of crap and bigotry to ats...it kinda discourages me from even wanting to be on this site (not that it would matter to you uber 1337 posters)

this website was made for open minded people. not racists and hate mongers. why the mods would allow this is beyond me...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
wolves in sheeps clothing.
One of the Lords greatest teachings is "Love them as I have loved you".
This pastor is just a moron and reminds me of the underlying mentality of some westerners.

edit on 2/4/2011 by Burgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NRGFreq

Ok...Yes...we have lots of amendments to protect all of our rights here in America...but that does not mean we should run around waving those rights in the air yelling "look everyone...look....I have rights!!!" We all know you do. So he wants to burn a book. He could have burned the book in front of his church with his followers...and no one would have been the wiser. It's the simple fact that he went to the news and publicly announced it. This means he is outwardly going out of his way to insult people. Waging a holy war...nothing more...just waging a holy war. The christian version of jihad.
Why would he do this? Just to stir up poo and use the constitution as his apron while he does it? I don't think so...here is what I think...

We all know that across the religions they all look for the "end times". They all are similar in the belief of how these things will go down. Many of these religions think we are in those times. People have always looked for the "signs" of the end of the world. Every generation who went through some hard times thought that the end was near. Maybe it is spawned by the Mayans calendar ending date, but we seem to think that we are the special generation chosen for this ending. What is scary is that it seems to be mutually agreed upon by all (or at least many) of the religions...muslim, christian, native american...(i dont know about buddhist)...Because many think there should be war because that is what is prophesied, maybe these people like this pastor and the iranian president think this would be a good time (with everything going on right now) to start it....I'm sorry but I can't say I agree with these people.

My message for these people??? I am not religious yet you are all gonna drag me into your holy wars and battles and destroy the earth because of what some old dude wrote in a book thousands of years ago. Knock it off! Leave me out of it!

I think us non-religious people need to be given a place to go and be atheist and exist in peace using just common sense and respect for each other!!! We don't have an afterlife and are sick and tired of those who think they do have an afterlife ruining our one life that we have here. We are just trying to make the most of what we have and wish to be left out of it!!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I believe the Muslims are beginning to rise up.

I hear their leaders saying they want "Freedom".

They risk their whole family's lives when they rise up.

Very brave Muslims are standing up all over the world.

They are learning, "There is nothing free about Freedom".

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenjewel
Why stupidity on the part of the pastor? He did nothing more than exercise his first amendment rights. You cannot connect the dots from burning a book to beheading innocent people without throwing some crazy in the middle.

You absolutely can given the violent reactions to such things as cartoon depictions of Mohammed.

This specific even may not have been foreseeable, but it was absolutely foreseeable that this act of book burning would result in the deaths of innocent people. Just absolutely reckless to do that -- especially given the fact that this clearly is not essential to the pastor's own faith (especially given his willingness to abandon previous attempts when bargained with).

Just disgusting behavior on its face to burn a book that is sacred to others (while claiming to be an American no less and just pissing on our stated belief in freedom of the press and the marketplace of ideas), and much more than disgusting given the absolute likelihood that it would trigger at best beatings, and at worst, murder.

Sad.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NRGFreq
reply to post by NRGFreq

i believe this is just part of the plan to keep the human race from achieving peace!

Indeed. Just another fear spreading distraction technique. *sigh*

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Good Grief,
I personally am okay with burning any book, or for that matter saving every book on the planet. I do not have such a lack of personal identity that I would be willing to kill someone because they burned a book, no matter the book. We are watching and dealing with a group of people who are obviously incapable of rational thought. And should not be catered to. Like small children throwing a tantrum, having a fit and screaming, they might need a good spanking. We cannot live in fear of not saying or doing anything to upset them just because they feel that their position needs to be defended, on the other hand, they can and will try to kill you, that's just how crazy they are. Wow, do you really think that people want to be Muslim after watching that? Do they really think that God needs to be defended? Did they miss the part that God is Infinite and All Powerful and probably does not need anyone to defend IT. God is God, after all. Evidently their God is not one of mercy and understanding.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NRGFreq

i believe this is just part of the plan to keep the human race from achieving peace!

Well, one thing is clear. There will be no peace as long as there are people who are willing to kill over a burned book.
edit on 2/4/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Just goes to show Religion will keep us from continuing as a species. People always want to be more right than someone else, it is in our nature to hate equality and always have someone below us. That's what keeps us working for big business, and that's what keeps us killing each other to impress our radical allies.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

No...it is never okay, but I would not put it past him. There are many radicalist christians who will take up arms (and plan to as they think armageddon is near) over their belief or protection of god's word. Observe those killing and bombing women's clinics over the years. It depends on how deep you believe in something that you are willing to destroy those that oppose it.

No...killings and beheadings are not justified for the burning of a sacred book....but that is sometimes what radicalists do. It does not mean we should try to provoke it and make it happen. I see so many christians wearing little bracelets as a reminder of "what would jesus do?" I don't think jesus, who was so full of love, would provoke others. I thought christians were supposed to be above that.

You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against any of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:18

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. [44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Matthew 5:43

Maybe if christians who should be following the teachings of christ actually followed the teachings of christ a bit more...there would be more willing to turn to christ as they would find love there rather than hatred....just sayin...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cuchullainuk777

That's just it...we are not there...we are in America. We should not stoop to the same lows. That is the whole point.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This here really shows the BIG gap between Islam and Middle Easterners, and Christians and Americans.

Americans cherish freedom, freedom of expression, and tolerance. And for the most part, most Americans claim to be religious, with Christian being the main faith.

But, Americans see their personal faith, as their personal faith. If someone says Jesus sucks, or burns a Bible, they may not like it, but their faith is of the heart, and it doesn't drive them to mob and kill.

One Christian Pastor who burns a Quran obviously does not represent America, or Christians.
But, 20,000 and more, mob, riot, and kill, all in the name of Islam, does this represent Islam?
Sure, not every Muslim is a fanatic, but what we see in Afganistan, and elsewhere is a BIG contrast, to what one person did in the USA.

Does the Muslim God condone this? Does it command this?
Personally, I think Islam is so corrupted. They worship Muhammed, maybe not in word, but in deed. They follow the sunna and believe in sharia, yet, these things are against the Quran.
The Quran says it is FULL and COMPLETE, yet Muslims have added the sunna and sharia to it, and even altered the shahada, which in the Quran does not mention Muhammed, but Muslims added his name, they partnered God with a man. The Quran says the ONLY duty of the Messenger, is to deliver the Message, which is the Quran. The Quran says you are not to follow other things, like the sunna and sharia.

While these fanatics that kill may not be the way all Muslims act, it does show a very large and dangerous element within Islam, and it should not be verbotin to say this, it's an obvious fact.

Contrast that very large and murderous element with the burning of a book by one person.
You can't honestly compare the two.
One is an expression of their freedom, the other is massive mobs of fanatical killers.
We have many mosques and Muslims in the US, I challenge anyone to go to Afganistan and openly open a Buddhist Temple.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
i just thought i would add this article i read today...
There is no link between the events in the article and the protests/riots in Afghanistan but i hope it goes to show all that have written messages of hate and intolerance in this thread that it is not a muslim issue, or an American issue, or a religious issue for that matter. I wish to show that it is a human condition of dis unity that causes this type of ridiculous madness....

Originaly posted on YAHOO! By Brooks Peck

"Hundreds of angry Egyptian fans invade pitch after disallowed goal"

I am sure that all of you can remember some similarly ridiculous and menial event that ended poorly, at least no one was reported dead after this event. Humanity needs to stop creating reasons to divide ourselves.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
These people do not need much of a reason to kill each other and or you, the book was an excuse, and heck they are moving to a neighbor hood just like yours if it isn't already yours. You can thank our corrupt weak governments for allowing this to happen.

The Christians need to go on another crusade sooner or later to put them back in there place, at least the church lot move on after all the killing and murders are done to find some peace. This lot wont, they have been killing anything that they do not understand or agree with since the beginning of time.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join