It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quran Burning Causes mass riots!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Get your bible out in Riyadh and pray publically see how far toleration gets ya

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Christians are a soft target why?tolerence Uber gay christ haters have an absolute field day with christ folk especially catholics dont bloody well see em flocking to the middle east being outraged at the islamists who kill gays daily,mmmmm when was tghe last time you saw peter thatchell harrassing muslim demonstrations? NEVER LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL BECAUSE HE WOULD # HIS PANTS AT THE FATWA ISSUED,BUT HE DIDNT MIND HAVING A MOCK-A-THON WHEN POPE WAS ERE .THERES TOLERANCE AND THERES TOLERANCE MASQUERADING AS CRASS COWARDLY HYPOCRACY

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NRGFreq
no the christians would just ban any Muslim mosques in there country! just like that mosque built in the 911 hells kitchen!

None of which would not be legislated so your point is moot. The radicals would go about their daily lives ranting and raving but no one would die. No mosques would be banned and the rest of the sane country would call them idiots.

As opposed to enticing more violence... as we've seen in Afghanistan.

Muslims burn bible. Noise and grumbles.
Christians burn a Qur'an. Death and beheadings.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by firsttimecaller

Wow, you should be in Afghanistan...

I think they're recruiting your sort of mentality.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by firsttimecaller
reply to post by NRGFreq

"no the christians would just ban any Muslim mosques in there country! just like that mosque built in the 911 hells kitchen!"
Not to mention Invade three countries, killing and/or torturing hundreds of thousands of civilians.

Oh really? People just get up off their couch and go invade some country for burning a bible?

Got any proof?

Oh... silly me, expecting a radical to be accurate... Rofl..

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by broahes
Reply to post by NRGFreq

Both sides of this are just as bad.. On one side you have a pastor burning the religious text of another religion to call out muslim countries for not allowing.. Wait for it.. Freedom of worship.. ironic huh? Then on the other side you have people killing people that had nothing to do with the Koran burning.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

How was the pastor preventing people worshiping ? I am fairly sure he did not go about knocking on Muslim family doors and demanding they hand over their Qur'an so that he could burn it.

If nothing else, he purchased it. It's then his property, and he has a right to do with his property as he see's fit.

And if in doing so, highlights the hypocritical way people view Islam, by showing how easily people in that cult are led to commit murder, it's not his fault.

What if someone were to say "You call me fat and I'll kill your entire family.." - and someone calls him fat. Do you blame that person, or the fat person who now has the deaths of a family on his hands?

Unbelievable...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by anon102
Exercising his right or not, that pastor has blood on his hands.

No he does not actually - the people with blood on their hands are the islamic crazies who killed 20 people who had nothing at all to do with burning pieces of paper

While I certainly do not condone the killings
You need to realise that the Quran is not "pieces of paper". To ALL Muslims it is a Holy Book and everyone who knows anything about Islam knows that the Muslims take the handling, care and use of this Book very carefully. I'm going to surmise that because the "causer" of the incident was a pastor, then he was fully aware that the consequences would be grim. There are radical Muslims, just as there are radicals everywhere, there are radicals who would kill innocent people for less than the burning of a Holy Book, with that in mind...would we intentionally antagonize the radicals? And then blame them on the repercussions?

I think the pastor could indeed learn something if he held his own book as holy.

Jude 1:9
Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee

People...you will know them by their fruits is all I have to say, and the tree (pastor) is fully rotten as are those of the fruits/acts of the "Muslims" who killed the innocent people.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Coming from an American Muslim: Yes, my own neighbors say "death to Islam" ALL the time so wtf are you talking about?? Go on cnn.com to ANY story about Muslims and look at the comments and that's all you see. Blind much???

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Do any of you bleeding hearts remember when they sank a cross into a jar of urine?
I honestly don't remember any beheadngs or christians going on a killing rampage.

But burn one book and you call him a hater?????
I guess you think the Nat'l Endowment of Arts is a hatr organization as well.

Bloody hypocrites!

I mentioned pisschrist and someone said that 'no they'd just go and invade a country or 3" or some utter tripe like that.

It must be sweet to be so blissfully unaware as they..

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Islam the religion of peace strikes again!!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Did you expect them to back up THEIR own brand of hate wth facts?

I get a big laugh out of those that practice religious tolerance but fail to live up to it!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
We should all remember that Islam is still a young religion so it is going to have very violent strong views on itself. At the same age that Islam is Christianity was in the middle of the Inquisition and invading non christian countries to "turn" them to God. Thousands of people died in the name of the "church" for Christianity. Muslims are right smack in the middle of the fanaticism on their timeline, in a few hundred years they will calm down and a new "violent or fanatical" religion will rise.
I agree that burning of a holy book does NOT give permission to kill others, regardless of the religion. Plain and simple there is no excuse to call for genocide. This planet is too small for everyone to start knocking each other off.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Herblackwings
We should all remember that Islam is still a young religion so it is going to have very violent strong views on itself. At the same age that Islam is Christianity was in the middle of the Inquisition and invading non christian countries to "turn" them to God. Thousands of people died in the name of the "church" for Christianity. Muslims are right smack in the middle of the fanaticism on their timeline, in a few hundred years they will calm down and a new "violent or fanatical" religion will rise.
I agree that burning of a holy book does NOT give permission to kill others, regardless of the religion. Plain and simple there is no excuse to call for genocide. This planet is too small for everyone to start knocking each other off.

Islam is not young, it can be traced all the way back to Abraham, with the Monotheistic belief and Worship of "One" God, the True God "of" Abraham. Islam is and Arabic word meaning, peace,submission and obedience to the One God, so if you are like Abraham in your beliefs, you can very well be called "Islamic".

As per the second part of your sentence; even if something is "new" it cannot be justified for being violent. All aspects of "Religion" carry a sense of violence, passion and strong views. I personally think the more passionate about "Religion" a person is, the more they will be perceived as extreme. So you are right to point out that many along the way of "faith" or Religion, have died because of, or due to, or even killed in the name of [said Religion].

But....to deliberately provoke someone whom you know is passionate and even extreme about something by burning it?! This man is a pastor, thus means he is of the house of God (if he believes and we believe) and this is what he does as a carrier of a "house of God title"? Ultimately, I see it as a blast in the face of God. Let's just say....(for those who are not sure) that the Quran was ordained by God, through and Angel...if one burns it or even suggest the act, I would say by all clarity, the one burning it is a "devil" period.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'm glad they don't know I wrote notes (in ink) on the pages of my paperback addition of an English translation of the Quran. The notes are quite critical of what I was reading. Better buy some white-out!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

I'm Muslim and I used to put notes in the margins of my Quran when I'd study it... And what..?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by broahes
Reply to post by NRGFreq

Both sides of this are just as bad.. On one side you have a pastor burning the religious text of another religion to call out muslim countries for not allowing.. Wait for it.. Freedom of worship.. ironic huh? Then on the other side you have people killing people that had nothing to do with the Koran burning.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

How was the pastor preventing people worshiping ? I am fairly sure he did not go about knocking on Muslim family doors and demanding they hand over their Qur'an so that he could burn it.

You know what pi$$es me off? When you ask for evidence for every single thing your opposition says, but yet you don't provide proof of your own arguements, that are the signs of a hypocrit. So let me ask you, got any evidence he didn't goto peoples doors, asking people to hand there Quan over, cause in my opinion I would not be suprised if they already have enough hate.

Maybe you guys should also realize, UN workers are no superior to ordinary Afghani's, Iraqi's, etc...

Iraq: 100,287 – 109,565 Civilian deaths
Afghanistan: Atleast 20,000, as no direct number in sources

That's over 120,000, and you would think that has not fumed the Afghani's up so bad that the slightest bit of anger will have them do violent actions? I made a thread on this before, guess people forgot.

Humans WILL physcologically, if in enough temper, depression, and anger, will kill with the slightest drop of hate, and that is what happeneds folks, infact I can't believe the Iraqi's and Afghans are so PATIENT! 10 years of opression, and they still have hope, and anyways last time I checked, the occupiers in those countries right now have killed more people than all muslims combined have, or "Extremists" as you like to call them

Iraq Civilian death count

Civilian deaths in Afganistan
edit on 2-4-2011 by Daniyal because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2011 by Daniyal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

edit on Sat Apr 2 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah
reply to post by NRGFreq

I wonder how he would feel if somone burned his precious bible..

i guess what you are implying is...that it is fine to kill and behead people for burning a book. yeah right...nothing wrong with that, they are practicing religous freedom, right?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I grow tired of seeing religion pitted against religion in some kind of effort to one up the other groups irrationality. It does nothing to impress anyone with the merits of either religion and really just puts people off to both in my experience. Also, America is not the only example of how Christians behave.

You simply can not connect the burning of a book or drawing of a cartoon or any other minor slight against Islam with vicious murder. The two do not equate and would not hold up in any sort of court I've ever heard of outside of (and this is debatable) the Muslim world.

This is not ignorance, this is insanity. The intentions and actions of both parties are wrong but have no rational connection. I keep seeing these "Coexist" bumper stickers, but I have very serious doubts that the idea is even remotely possible.

Peace
KJ
edit on 2-4-2011 by KrazyJethro because: correction

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join