It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Federal Debt Becoming a National Security Issue?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed that ever since the attack on Libya, in support of the no fly zone mandated by the United Nations, that there has been a lot of rhetoric in the media (from all sides) about how America can't afford this sort of military action?

It makes me wonder if the media are playing their part in trying to persuade the sheeple into thinking along the lines that if the United States is heavily in debt, it will affect the abililty of the United States to project their power and protect their interests and citizens.

If this were to be the case, the President could declare the Federal Debt a "Clear and Present Danger to the National Security of The United States".

If this were done, reducing the debt would become a national priority at any cost. Not sure what steps could be taken then, but I've just been interested in the rhetoric about this in the press lately.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It is actually impossible to pay back the debt in the current system we have, especially with the size of the government and spending (whether republican or democrat, it doesn't matter).

You need to entertain a somewhat naive view of the system to comprehend what you are saying. Things are the way they are by design. The people at the top do not gamble, that is why the rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and we will be in debt until a "solution" is proposed that, on the surface looks fair, but will result in a step further down the road of coalesced power.
edit on 1-4-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: added more

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Citing the issues with our southern border, it appears that the federal government never cared about protecting its citizens. Solving the border issues is against their interests. That right there shows that the federal govts. interests are more important than the protection of their people. When people start getting hungry, that's when you'll see a "national security issue".

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It is a national security issue. We are so broke that our "leaders" have us in a perpetual war that pisses people off enough to want to hurt us. War = Money

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

It makes me wonder if the media are playing their part in trying to persuade the sheeple into thinking along the lines that if the United States is heavily in debt, it will affect the abililty of the United States to project their power and protect their interests and citizens.

What difference does it make? They couldn't protect the country on 9/11 from 19 cave dwellers after spending trillions on so called National Security.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It seams like the only way to get into the Fed is to kick down the door. With the economy on the brink of hyperinflation and corruption running rampant through government, banks and wall street, America does have bigger threats to the nation than the Taliban. It is not just the Federal Debt, but the whole economy that is a national security issue.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Gee ...you think?

No sarcasm, insults , or arrogance directed to the O.P. here.

I am "just saying". ( to the public at large).

S&F

P.S. To Homeland Security,,,,on the 700 Million Dollar Center. How many kickbacks on your watch?

Just out of curiosity, who and from what foreign nations invested in to that? S A V V Y ?
edit on 1-4-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Add in/Typo

Or does Vatican Janet not even know,,,
edit on 1-4-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Add in content

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Yes, I do know that there is absolutely no way to pay back the debt given the current system.

However, if they call it a "National Security" issue, they can use "paying back the debt" as a smokescreen for so many other issues it makes the head spin.

I'm not naive, far from it, I realize that they will use this as a smokescreen to detract from other issues of the day, and to have the sheeple "buy in" as to why all their government provided social services have to be cut out.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
It seams like the only way to get into the Fed is to kick down the door. With the economy on the brink of hyperinflation and corruption running rampant through government, banks and wall street, America does have bigger threats to the nation than the Taliban. It is not just the Federal Debt, but the whole economy that is a national security issue.

Many media talking heads have been saying this week that it's a said state of affairs that when there's a major problem in the world that would have an impact on the USA, the first thing out of people's mouths is now "can we afford to do anything about it?".

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
its not becoming a national security issue it has always been one the is WE ARE BROKE!

you cannot continue adding more people on entitlements you can not continue spending on the military we have

we have a spending problem
we have a borrowing problem
we have a printing problem that has devauled the dollar to the point its worthless

outsourcing is another national security issue when china makes 90% percent of what americans use everyday

there are nothing but a bunch of idiots in washington because they just cant see the forrest for the trees

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev

I began watching the movie the postman last night. I can't help but think if that is what the U.S will become.

The question is, do we have time to prevent it? If so, how do we raise enough noise to wake the people up before that happens?

The sad thing is, people wont do anything until they are out of a job or bankrupt.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
My take on the question is yes it could become a serious problem ... if the budget doesn't pass and it shuts down Homeland security what then? No protection, borders wide open, military still flies until all oil reserves gone.

I don't see any difference now ... no its not a national security problem.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Everything is ok, theres no national security dangers from our debt. Everything is ok go back to sleep now sleep well and have sweet dreams, cuz uncie Bernie is looking out for you.

top topics

join