It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jobs , Positions and Employment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Mods , move this if it's in the wrong place .

ATS'ers , we have members from all over the planet , many are employed and many are not . It isn't easy in most places so if we can help each other , let's do it . A big aspect of a job search is networking , knowing or getting to know the right people in the right places who may know where the jobs are , in what fields and maybe who to see .

If you know of an open position or a coming position , anywhere , anything , how about posting it and if you have contact info , so much the better . Mining in Montana to roofing in Nevada to the oil patch in Canada to a sales position in England . We don't know where everyone is from and could easily be helping another ATS'ers 3 blocks from where we live . Many well educated and well employed folks here any many who would take a service sector job in a heartbeat if they could find one . Truck drivers to engineers to anything . If you know of a job , post it and the location , and let's put our people to work . Let's network . Let's each have a look at our local online jobs boards or the 'help wanted' section in the newspaper classifieds , anywhere we know of and post any decent job we can find for a member . I'll do a local search over the weekend and post anything i can find . Hard for one person to look for or find one decent job but if 1,000 of us look , maybe we can find that one job for the member who really wants it .

Anybody can walk into any fast food joint and stick an application in so maybe we should go light on those jobs . Just watched a news report where it was said that there are 6 million unfilled positions available in the USA right now and that's the reason behind this post . This isn't meant to debate why folks can't find a job or how terrible capitalism is , let's just find the jobs and post them as a lot of folks want them but can't find them by themselves so let's help if we can . Maybe those who are unemployed can post their qualification , general location , whether they are willing to relocate and what they are willing to do .

I don't have any answers but i do know that finding something is a lot easier if 1,000 friends are in the search party helping than trying to go it alone , usually . Beyond the shadow of a doubt we are a community sympathetic to the less fortunate so instead of just claiming moral support , we can try to actually do something about it . A half hour of time on a local job search no matter where you live and post what you find . A half hour isn't much to help a brother or a sister .

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
here is a link to kijiji jobs in New Brunswick Canada ....newbrunswick.kijiji.ca...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I have to admire how much you want to help your fellow ATSers and I also believe we should stick together, help each other out, but this would probably back the site up with massive numbers of posts. Maybe it would be best for people to post their availability and skills to a certain area ifthey are desperate for a job. I know I would hire an ATSer over the average person in a heartbeat just for the better lunchbreak conversation!

In the UK there are a lot of unemployed, but many want to be that way. I was staying at the YMCA here in Guildford before I found my house to rent (im a student btw) and the YMCA was full of unemployed people like my neighbour who the council pay for their rent, plus they get jobseekers allowence of £40 a week. Let me tell you I NEVER saw my neighbour leave his room (or heard him as he constantly had his hifi blaring loud happy hardcore) so he was not seeking work. I know there arnt many jobs out there right? Well I found one my 2nd day with no experience at all in the job (working in a hair and beauty shop actually lol) and when I stopped there the 1st daqy I looked I got a job in a bar with no experience at all. It really F's me of that its so easy to get a job here and thay people dont take that opportunity, they just stay on handouts getting their rent paid and living on £40 a week like a shmuck, but they dont care and that makes me feel so bad for my fellow countrymen who are stuggling to find work, that these lazt Aholes dont take the opportunity thats they have to work. They would rather literally do nothing all day.

Sorry bout the rant im guna make this int oa rant for the rant forum, but it touched a nerve thinking about that.

Also maybe us ATSers could start some kinda online business where we could all work from other countries communicating online with each other? I'd love to be in business with like minded people. Maybe we could start an ATS merchendise arm for the site or something?!?
What do you think mods?!?!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
sorry for the many errors in my typing, its very late!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bandito

S & F to OP

Offhand, I can not think of a better overall worldwide source for numerous types of jobs, white collar and blue collar, other than Craigslist

For example here's Greece: athens.craigslist.gr...

UK: london.craigslist.co.uk...

Amsterdam: amsterdam.en.craigslist.org...

New York: newyork.craigslist.org...

Turkey: istanbul.tr.craigslist.com.tr...

Canada: vancouver.en.craigslist.ca...

Los Angeles: losangeles.craigslist.org...

As well as many more countries, cities and towns to search thru, all online. Yes some may be scams, you always have to be aware of that possibility, but I have personally found jobs and hired people in the past using Craigslist.

And of course there are numerous other job sites primarily for U.S. residents like:

www.monster.com...

careers.yahoo.com...

And links to U.S. newspapers, many of which have classified ad listings for jobs:

www.usnpl.com...

edit on 4/1/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Be careful on these Craigslist job listing so called jobs they can be a lot dangerous then you can think, sure they look legitimate but i heard stories and news clips, Craigslist can destroy your life or worse.

Sure some of those jobs may look very real but the question are they really real? if they are real jobs then good bt still be careful with Craigslist
edit on 1-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

As I indicated in my post there are definitely some job scams on that site but I have personally found "real" jobs in a professional capacity in the past, and hired many people previously from ads placed using Craigslist. Nowadays many legitimate companies are using them due to skyrocketing costs of advertising elsewhere, and of course concern for the bottom line.

If a person is concerned about a particular job posting, they can certainly consider sending a quick email reply (with no personal info) to the posted email address, and ask if the job is still available. This will sometimes produce the name of the hiring company (if it is not disclosed in the ad) or reveal more details. Also having a seperate dedicated email for these types of inquires like thru gmail or hotmail, other than their usual personal one, is not a bad idea either. Always a good idea to be cautious when responding online to any job offer.

edit on 4/1/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join