It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me lies, Tell me sweet little lies....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I personally like Ron Paul as well, but he is so far outside the norm for the 2 parties that I fear even if he were elected (prolly would not ever happen, those voting machines have a tendency to malfunction) nothing would get accomplished whatsoever. He would veto every garbage piece of political BS to hit his desk and the house and senate would deny anything he tried to implement so all we would end up with is 4 wasted years.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Very ,true,but what about America? We are hungry here,no jobs here,people try to go and get help from agency,and get a no. But we send all of our money over seas.I,agree we need to help the world. But America needs help people here to.There are more homeless now, and veterans out in the street.,No wonder why God is upset with the world. America is cutting all the Medicaid programs and adding this OBAMA CARE,THIS WILL DESTROY IT MORE. There has to be a better way.Back,in Clinton time we had extra money. We keep getting told lies,they will will never end until Jesus comes back. They will say anything to get into office. Then once there,,they can't do what they want,because of the old ones there. America needs a lot of help. I,am on ssi,and Medicaid,and I, don't know what tomorrow brings. Its not by choice,i have leukaemia and in a wheelchair and other medical problems. I,miss working as a nurse. I,was at the 9-11,one month after it happen,I,was a Red Cross,volunteer.,I,have done local red cross work to. I,have seen enough tragic things to last me a life time. I,also how long it takes our government to help us. WHEN THE WORLD YELLS,WE JUMP REAL HIGH! WE NEED TO DO IT FOR USA ALSO. TREAT ALL EQUALLY.....SATAN IS EVIL,AS LONG AS HE IS ON EARTH,THERE WILL WON'T BE TRUTH,BUT HAVE FAITH,JESUS IS COMING AND THEN THERE WON'T BE ANY MORE LIES. IN JESUS NAME AMEN P.S. I ,VOTED DEMOCRATIC ALL MY LIFE,NOW I, VOTE THE BIBLE. I,AM ASHAME OF HOW AMERICA HAS FORGOTTEN WHERE WE HAVE CAME FROM!
edit on 2-4-2011 by venusstarlite because: WANTED TO ADD ONE MORE THING

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I've pretty much learned my lesson when I voted for Obama. I don't regret the vote as I was pretty convinced in all he said. I was relatively new to politics and it was my first time voting. The next time around I will be better prepared to vote based on my own research and not CNN's.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

I starred and flagged you for the Carlin video alone. But I would like to add, that the very history of this country is mostly a fabrication. It is not now, nor has it ever been about freedom or choice. Long before the dems and the pubs, it was about the same thing it is now. Control and power. Not money. It's only about money to the extent that it is part of the control mechanism. The true power in the American experiment is that the media and government have perpetuated the illusion of freedom and choice so well, they have proven the sheep will police each other when one defies their programming. Making the job of TPTB much, much easier.

Kudos OP.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sith9157

It does not matter which putz is in office, they are mere puppets. They do not write their own speeches, they do not make their own decisions, everything is pre-determined. I have said it before, and I will say it again, this entire planet is run by the world bank period.

There are so so so many examples of this being wrong throughout history I wouldn't even know where to begin. Washington wrote his own speeches, probably the most famous speech is from lincoln, which he wrote himself, reagen was notorious for rewriting his speeches at the last minute...you just are proving your total lack of knowledge on this issue with that statement.

And read about the Kennedy administration particularly the cuban missle crises. He received advice from his people than they all kinda backed away as nobody wanted to be the president at that moment and have to make the decision of possibly starting ww3. That was all on him.

And as far as a world bank or a group of guys controlling everything you need to step back and look at the big picture. If they are in control they are doing a pretty horrible job at controlling anything. The world is getting more crazy than ever and that certainly isn't a way to keep control over anything.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
politicians solve problems
so it would be in their best interests that there would be problems always
you see what I'm getting at
Lets get the problems solved
and get rid of the politicians
and the world will be a better place
Future generations will thank us.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Excellent post. My wife asks me every election who I am voting for and my response is always, "Does it really matter? They are all cut from the same cloth."

BTW, thanks to this thread I have had that damn Fleetwood Mac song stuck in my head all day.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Wow. Ok. I have to say I was more than a little surprised when I logged on today and saw my post on the front page. Thank you to all for the stars and flags. It's good to know that I'm not alone and there are other people feeling the same frustration that I am.

I see that several people said something along the lines of it wouldn't matter if we did vote in independents because they would be just as corrupt. The more I think about it, that's probably true. I'm really not sure if there's anything we can do anymore other than just be prepared mentally and physically for when and if it all comes crumbling down. Maybe if nothing else, we could start spreading a message to people that if things do get bad in this country, that we need to not turn on each other, but instead blame those who are really responsible and help each other out of the mess. Just a thought.

Anyway, I wish I could sit here and reply to all the posts individually, but well, to be completely honest, I don't want to be sitting here typing all nit on ATS, haha. Besides I'm working on my next blog post.

Again, thanks to everyone and let's keep the conversation going.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Ask someone what they think is the greatest theatre ever built, and they might say "The Globe" or "The Greek Amphitheater, perhaps "The Sydney Opera House."

I say it's that big white one at the end of Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington D.C. You know, the one with the big dome on it.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Loneshot

If this was your first time voting, it sounds like I may be a lot older than you.

I've been around a while. I used to believe voting made a difference. Take it from me, it doesn't. The only thing I ever got from voting was major frustration, shattered trust, and a letter for jury duty every few years.

The only thing that you as one person can do, is to do what is best for yourself, your family, and your friends.

Become as self reliant as you can and disconnect from the system as much as you can.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
That was well spoken and well put together. I couldn't have done better myself. What can ya say .......the guy is right.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I would not give up on elections.
You always have a choice, if not to disrupt the system.

First, vote in as many qualified independents as possible in your local state elections.
Second, out of your options for Presidency don't vote for who you think can win, vote for the person who should win. And tell your friends to do the same. Play both on both sides of the fence.

If your friends are
Democrats have them vote for:

If your friends are
Republicans have them vote for:

This way, you can be satisfied with either or in the office...
The best way to know is to check their voting records.
They talk the talk, but do they walk the walk?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jnyblujns
Never forget that.

9/11 truth end all wars. and lies. never forget that.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I'm not attacking you personally, I am attacking your idea. Please, don't take it personally.

You asked:

Why do poeple like you get so personally offended when someone criticizes the government? Somehow, at some point in our history , people started thinking that the American Government = America. Therefore if you criticize the government you hate America.

Well, they made that assumption in the United States Constitution

The first three words: We the People

It's supposed to be a government as Abraham Lincoln said: "government of the people, by the people, for the people" we are the government, the government is us.

It's a warm and fuzzy theory but in reality, it doesn't exist. Every member of the Senate is a millionaire. Many are members of exclusive/elite groups like the Bilderbergs, Skull and Bones, Masons, illuminati, etc. To believe that those serving in Washington are really "The People" is naive. You will never see a "regular" guy get into office. If our government was really "of the people', then we would have brick layers, electricians, engineers, CEOs and other "regular guys" running the country, not power-grabbers working toward their own agenda without regard for you and me.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It may sound overly optimistic or even naive to some, but you can't give up. While voting is important it is true the current system has failed on every front, from electronic vote fraud machines to dead voters, and then the two party stranglehold that keeps most real representatives from standing a chance.

But the ultimate problem is not enough of We The People taking a stand. Even if you don't vote you can make a difference by keeping abreast of the parts of the system you find important and doing something about it, but this requires you also listen and attempt to find common ground with those who disagree. Though I must say that if you realize the voting system has failed due to the two party conundrum then go give your vote to someone outside that paradigm - you'd be surprised at how the numbers would start to change if most people of such mindset would do just that.

Even if that "doing something" is just a small slice of your weekly time being used to just discuss the issues with others, rather than watching prime time boob tube it makes a difference, and that difference adds up in numbers, for far too many have entirely abandoned the system and most of those people are the ones who know it's broken and thus they are the ones who we need on their feet the most.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

I'm keeping an eye out for a good, credible lead on that. I'll definitely post something up when I find it so long as another member here doesn't beat me to it, haha!

We have a pretty good thing going here at ATS. Brilliant minds on top of things in real time.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

to see the farm is to leave it.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

to see the farm is to leave it.

That was a really good video.
Thanks for posting it.

top topics