It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm new here. What is HAARP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
So I'm been looking around this forum quite a bit lately, and I keep seeing people talking about HAARP. What exactly is it and please explain it as simply as possible.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe this will help a bit. There are people on here with far more knowledge than what I have concerning HAARP and I am sure they will be happy to explain.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ConcreteAngel1

HAARP - High Altitude Auroral Research Project. Big array of antennas in Alaska that fires a lot of energy into the sky.

Supposedly can bounce that energy into the atmosphere all around the planet, into the planet by extension, possible alter weather patterns, have military applications of various sort, beam thoughts/communications directly into people's heads, create earthquakes, etc.

Very interesting and a lot of (questionable) information out there about it. Do some web searches and see what you can find out. That's the long & short.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
HAARP is something people who come to conspiracy sites love to blame for natural events like earthquakes and hurricanes/cylclones.
These things never occured before HAARP was invented apparently, I believe HAARP was to blame for dinosaur extinction

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Mmm, bit of a fallacious argument there.
People died before guns were invented - does that mean guns can't kill people (rhetorical question)?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
HAARP is something people who come to conspiracy sites love to blame for natural events like earthquakes and hurricanes/cylclones.
These things never occured before HAARP was invented apparently, I believe HAARP was to blame for dinosaur extinction

Are you kidding? God used HAARP to create the earth! In fact, didn't you know that He also used it to create the entire universe! HAARP is the cause of DNA, water, and everything else! No no, why don't we just go ahead and say that HAARP created God! No no, wait. There IS no God! There is only HAARP!

HAARP, ladies and gentlemen, IS GOD. They just haven't rewritten the Bible yet. No need. HAARP wrote the Bible too! And the Koran? Well HAARP wrote that too! There are no people. There is only HAARP.

HAARP, HAARP, HAARP!

HAARP, the Herald Angels Sing! Glory to, the newborn HAARP!

OMFG.
You want a real thread on FART, see this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36c198bb102e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ConcreteAngel1

The best information that I've been able to find is this FOIA report titled, "HAARP Research and Applications Joint Program Report."

A brief summary from the ATS information account,

HAARP Research and Applications
Describes and documents the scientific uses and applications created by the HF Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP). Covers the need for its existence, the range it can cover, its capabilities, and a manifest of acquisitions.
Document date: 1998-11-05
Department: USAF Research Laboratory and the Office of Naval Research
Author: Dennis Papdopoulos and Committee
Document type: Joint Program Report
pages: 19

www.abovetopsecret.com...

For a more conspiratorial lean here's a good topical overview (@32:28),

Google Video Link

edit on 1-4-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
HAARP's official use,is to map out the universe.

That's putting it as blunt as possible.

I hear all this stuff that haarp can produce natural disasters,mindcontrol people,send asteroids on a different path through space.

The truth is, it maps out the universe.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

LOL. bro..go take a chill pill..

you are losing your mind...

but i still luv ya..

on topic..

HAARP is what the angels play when they sing..

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Its a big cell phone for talking to ballistic missile submarines running deep beneath the polar caps

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Thanks for all your responses. I will look into all the links you all provided.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
HAARP is a research facility constructed to study the effects of radio and electromagnetic waves on various atmospheric phenomena.

It's a large array of antennas and dishes that can emit and control radio and microwave signals and waveforms.

Asking what they do is kind of like asking what a child does with a kit full of Legos - they are limited only by the mathematical possibilities of their box and their creativity.

Some of the projects I've heard of involve using the ionosphere as a sort of "radio lens" that could be used to enhance communication and electronic surveillance techniques and solutions. Since there are a number of theories on how storms form (including some interesting research that has demonstrated a causal link between electrostatic potentials and storm formation - insinuating that electrical fields can trigger storms) - the concept of "weather control" is certainly going to be tossed around on conspiracy threads.

Others like to cite the piezoelectric effects that accompany earthquakes and plate tectonics to justify a belief in HAARP being able to trigger seismic events. I'm hardly convinced of this, as it would be far more sensible, if employing some EMF-triggering of seismic events, to use local sources.

Most likely - the facility is doing most of its research on the interactions between radio waves and the atmosphere and other 'spheres' the Earth has (ionosphere, exosphere, magnetosphere, etc). But, as with any installation kept relatively secret and people not knowing much about the technologies being employed will be quick to jump to wild speculation.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
HAARP is weather modification they use these huge antenna's to shoot a large amount of invisible positive charged electricity into the ionosphere to some how modify the clouds direction

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Sounds like you're new to the internet. When you see a word or acronym you don't know, simply drag the cursor across it, right click and choose a search engine from the menu.

top topics

join