It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK assassination: Need opinion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Sorry to put this post in more then one place but I figured people here would know more.

I'm doing an essay on equal rights in response to a novel and I'm getting ready to suggest the idea that 1 of the reasons JFK was shot was becuase of his equal rights stance for black people. The only reason I'm trying to suggest this is becuase of the way the book characters talked about him. I know there were other reasons for his assassination as well but I just want to know if this was one of them.

Please dont give me any crazy reasons like I've read on this website like "he was going to reveal the existence of E.T." or something like that. Although there may be some crazy reasons out there, I need something that is plausible, down-to-earth, and reasonable to put in an essay.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
There is also evidence that he was going to pull us out of Vietnam which would be a loss of big money to a lot of powerful people. The military action (though its called a war, the government never called it officially more than a military action) in Vietnam was making a lot of money for some people.

The other reason was the Mob was PO'ed at him big time, for the attorney generals (Robert Kennedy) investigation into organized crime, it seems Joe Kennedy had called in some favors which helped JFK get elected, the mob helped greatly, there is evidence that Nixon really won but with the fake votes Kennedy won. Now whether the mob expected much in return is not real clear but the one thing they did not expect was to be indicted one after another. This one makes a lot of sense when you think about the fact that Robert kennedy was gunned down when he ran for president.

There is also some that believe that LBJ has something to do with it or at least knew, whether or not that is true or not the fact is that LBJ did not pull us out of Vietnam and he did sign into action the civil rights bill which was something that Kennedy had been working on and had been criticized by some because they felt he was too slow to move on.

Kennedy was not popular with Hoover the old dude who ran the FBI at that time. There are some that believe that there were many people in on Kennedy's assasination, all powerful people from each one of these agencies working together toward one common goal.

Have you read about how there were large black umbrellas opened at certain intervals as the car went by almost marking where he was by someone for someone else to note how close he was from a distance. There was no call for rain that day and those were the only umbrellas opened, one by one as his motorcade passed that person. Have you seen the documentary, "The Men who Killed Kennedy"? This one answers a ton of questions as well as shows a picture that had been scrutinized forever but with modern day photography it was enhanced to show a shooter and two more men hidden partially by trees, the photo was taken just as the round came out of the gun, you can see the smoke from it in the photo. Darn now I got to see that photo again if I find it I will give the link if you want it. Good Luck with your paper, you chose an interesting subject.

join