It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Favorite Martial Arts Movies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

Glad ya duggit LF

I was disappointed with IP Man 2, but the first one rocks! I like Tony Jaa too, he is the real deal!
I miss Sun afternoon KungFu theater, with all the chicken sounds and high flying antics.
Thanks for commenting man!

Peace,
spec

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
My all time favorite is "Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin" starring a young Jackie Chan. I give this movie a slight advantage over "Iron Monkey".
I also Like some of Steven Seagals earlier movies. I love his use of Aikido and Aiki jitsu. I studied those arts so I'm pretty familiar with them.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
OK, I love martial arts films, and consider myself a big fan. I'm not an expert on the topic, but some films I really love:

Shogun Assassin, and the original Japanese films in this series, are all excellent.
Zatoichi, all the films in this series are excellent.
Sonny Chiba films, they are all usually excellent.
Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan films are usually excellent. I prefer the earlier Chan films(Drunken Master, cop).
Shaw Brothers films, are almost always excellent classics(5 Venoms, Legendary Weapons of China, etc).
I also really LOVE, though they are low-budget cult fare, the many Ninja films made by Joseph Lai/IFD, and Tomas Tang/Filmark, usually associated with director Godfrey Ho.(Bionic Ninja, Ninja Terminator, Clash of the Ninja, Ninja The Protector, etc.).

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I love the old classics like Kurasowa's 7 Samurai, Bruce Lee in anything. Steven Seagals earlier movies were classic martial arts movies till he got fat and lazy. I like the Ong-bak series and also the comedy in Stephens Chows Shoalin soccer and Kung Fu Hustle.
Has any one seen Samurai fiction or Aka-kage (red shadow)? A very unique take on Samurai and Ninja.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

City of Violence

The Koreans are the undisputed masters of the brutal fight scene. Not the flashiest production but how I like how their fight scenes to play out. Just a bunch of people hacking each other to death with kitchen knives, taking heads off with baseball bats or breaking collar bones with claw hammers(classic).
edit on 12-5-2011 by FEDec because: miss spelling

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Kung Fu Hustle...

FTW

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I got into a Chinese Cinema kick(no pun intended) a few months ago when I was at home sick for a few days and loaded up my Netflix queue with a bunch and I must say that I was blown away by Donnie Yen in 'IP Man'

I haven't seen anything like that in a very long time. His fight scenes were very impressive to say the least.

The Chinese sure can make epic movies.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I mentioned above some of my favorites, but I forgot to add the all-time supreme martial arts film:

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I thought CHOCOLATE was pretty cool.

It's about an autistic girl who learns martial arts by watching television.
edit on 13-5-2011 by DeReK DaRkLy because: !!!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

Enter the dragon is the best marial arts movie I seen also, it is good that as well as bruce lee it includes john saxon, and jim kelly. However I am still left in question my the insinuations made by the movie. In my opinion if bruce lee had lived longer he perhaps could had made a sequel in wich he expolored more of the metaphysical aspects of martial arts that were only slighly hinted in the early part of the movie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join