It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fareed Zakaria "There is no such thing as The Taliban"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
On CNN's "In The Arena" tonight, Fareed Zakaria was being interviewed by Elliot Spitzer, and came up with a STUNNING statement.

"What we all have to remember, is that there is no such thing as The Taliban".

He went on to say that it is "just a loose group of unaffiliated groups".

Now, ever since 9/11, the Western media has been feeding the public a steady stream of "we went into Afghanistan to rid them of The Taliban" and that "The Taliban Government in Afghanistan was a breeding ground for terrorists" and that "if we withdraw from Afghanistan The Taliban will immediately take over again".

Now, one of the most respected journalists in the world has freely admitted that they don't exist.

I'm going to set my PVR to the "late night repeat" of this show just so that I can get this statement recorded.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
You know Fareed is a Bilderberger right? Nice to here someone like him acknowledge what most informed folks know.
edit on 1-4-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Oh tha just confuses me - so he's a Bilderberger does that mean he's just giving us DISINFO??
Do they or dont they exist...
I always thought they DIDNT... now I dunno what to think

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Taliban, yay...the USGOV was all buddy-buddy with the supposed taliban just prior to 911.

Consider it something along the lines of al qaeda - a collaboration of sorts that we can demonize as needed. Otherwise we're more than happy to glad hand it. I don't doubt that it exists, but it's our enemy only on a selective level as is convenient to accomplish our goals.

Those ID'd as taliban effectively had the opium (read: heroin, etc.) trade wiped out in Afghanistan before we decided to invade. Then you see an increase in production on order of magnitudes.

Be well.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
DOUBLE POST. Unsure how that happened, by my bad, mmm'kay?

2nd line, I guess? New here, and it seems like the right thing to do.

Hippies.

OK, 4th line, my bad.

G'night!
edit on 4/1/2011 by Praetorius because: Your mom told me to. Tell her to quit calling me, BTW.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
He's also a paid up member of the Council on Foreign Relations, as well as a Bildeburger.

It makes me laugh when CNN complains about FOX bias, but have a Bildeburger / CFR member and a member of the Vanderbilt family (Anderson Cooper) as two of their best known anchors.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RADHESYAM

Bilderburger's exist and they have a meeting every year.

edit on 2-4-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RADHESYAM
Oh tha just confuses me - so he's a Bilderberger does that mean he's just giving us DISINFO??
Do they or dont they exist...
I always thought they DIDNT... now I dunno what to think

Yep the Bilderberg Meetings do exist, they even have an official website.

www.bilderbergmeetings.org...

new topics

top topics

join