It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney Cartoonist Reveals Tricks of the Trade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Wow now that is some funny stuff. Is that guy really a disney cartoonist?

I wonder how long this thread will last before it's 404'd? But does it really break the T&C? I wouldn't think so.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by iamahumandoing

LOL Thats eerily cool. I don't see the point of it though, like all together, why do cartoonist do that, after the final drawing no one can even notice it, it must be some sort of inside joke i guess.

Great vid

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
At University I took a class in Media Studies. Included was a unit (pun intended) dedicated to subliminal messages/suggestions. It's alarming how common sexual/phallic images are in movies, television, and most advertising media.
And like this artist shows, it's primarily done by using the negative space in an image to affect you on a subconsious level.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

I really hope he isn't a Disney cartoonist but it wouldn't surprise me.

Hope it doesn't get 404'd - it's just meant to be a bit of fun

edit on 1/4/11 by iamahumandoing because: addition

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

I was wondering if just seeing the final image could affect someone subconsciously... It's so hard to pick out the rude bit unless you see the drawing done as it is in the video, but the brain is such an enigma - who knows what we could be picking up unwittingly.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

If only I'd seen this video back in the days of art classes at school (too long ago)... I would've had sooo much fun

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by iamahumandoing

According to my Psych professor, who I discussed this topic with at length, told me something particularly interesting:

If you are aware there is a subliminal suggestion present, it has much less effect than if you were consciously oblivious. Also, that if you can recognize the specific message/suggestion it can not affect you at all as you are consciously aware of said specific message.

So just assume they are always there..look in the negative spaces and for phallises in particular.

Check it out :

purpleslinky.com...

edit on 1-4-2011 by StripedBandit because: cause it's craaaaazayy!!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

Quite interesting. I wonder what other products/items have messeges on them

new topics

top topics

join