It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why cut the military

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
lol... the motto for this site is "deny ignorance" but I see for most of us, there's nothing farther from the truth.

We've all been brainwashed by the conservative politicians to vote for them to save our lives. If we don't, we will die! Guys, we all need to wake up. Liberal, Conservative... these are words that are used by politicians and the media to control us. We are pawns in a giant chess game. And all I have to say to that is, don't play.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
for crying out loud!!
why are you americans so paranoid!!
you think the russians are after you now the chinese whos next !! canada!
calm down and look at it. russia what would they gain if they invaded america NOTHING. what would china gain ? NOTHING!
cause americans would fight for every yard of land!!
look calm down you dropped funding WOW big deal. do more with less.
hell dont have so many troops and actually train them for a change.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
at least in the US, the military budgets are not being cut, but expanded. Think thats something, wait till we start drafing people and fighting multiple wars at once, then we will see some serious expansion of the military budget.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Devil what do you propose that the US military only have 100.000 troops and only 2 small azz carriers and a 2nd rate air force no thanks we are used to owning our enemies so our military budget has to be bigger and so does our military bush is on the right track by making it bigger.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
hey our carriers are ASW not crappy.
also our airforce came up with a top notch helicopter much better and faster and more manouverabile than any helicopter in the US arsenal.
we dont have just 100,000 troops and even if we did WE WOULD STILL DO A BETTER JOB THAN YOU.
also are you purposely trying to make the US seem like a warmonger cause it sure sounds like it, also name these so called "enemys" you speak of.

[edit on 19/07/04 by devilwasp]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Devil for Britain your army and navy is good so is your air force but the US military has to project power where we want, when we want and in order to do that we have to be number one and in today's world where we got these idiot extremist and rouge nations trying to build nukes we need a bigger military to be able to fight multiple conflicts at the same time. Also devil the possible enemies- China, N. Korea, Iran, Syria and many others and like we saw in Iraq so called "friends" and "allies" stab you in the back that is why we have to be able to fight wars alone in the future.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
like we saw in Iraq so called "friends" and "allies" stab you in the back that is why we have to be able to fight wars alone in the future.

Who are these 'friends' and 'allies'?

If you are talking about countries like France, they have a choice not to get involved in stupid wars.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
yeah these allies didnt agree with you cause they wanted more proof , and we would have 2 if blair wasnt up bushes ***.
an ally is someone who will help u in a time of need or has similar veiws or agenda's

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
an ally is someone who will help u in a time of need or has similar veiws or agenda's

Apart from Britain of course unfortunately who will help even when it means it will suffer very badly just to remain very friendly with the US.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Ok Americas not full of warmongers. Most people I know wanted to continue inspections instead of declare war. Simply put we don't have control of our goverment. Voting doesn't work since you have to have money and support from one of the two big political parties in order to win. Our political system is set up so that only idiots can get in office and only idiots can mantain power. I should consider moving to another country. I don't like the idea of slashing our military budget. The problem is we have to many enemies to let our guard down. Also having a good budget is good because it gives people a chance to get a job, get an education and in the case of the US get plastic surgury all for free! So as you can see military employment benefits its country in more ways than just defense. To many people hate the US for us to slash our budget. Britain has enemies too. So they aren't safe slashing there budgets either.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
boys, the US is not cutting back its military, it is boosting its military capability by the day while its military power is more than the rest of the world's combined!!!! No one can challenge the US at the moment and no one except for muslim fundamentalists want to "kill" you guys. Not china, not russia so stop being paranoid. The cold war has long been over!

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
The problem is we have to many enemies to let our guard down...Britain has enemies too. So they aren't safe slashing there budgets either.

America can blame itself for making some of those enemies. Look at all the stupid crazy horrible wars the US has fought in it's relatively short history. People who say America is hated because it is powerful are partially right. America is not responsible with all that power.

Britain has made lots of enemies for being so close with the US.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperen

Originally posted by cyberdude78
The problem is we have to many enemies to let our guard down...Britain has enemies too. So they aren't safe slashing there budgets either.

America can blame itself for making some of those enemies. Look at all the stupid crazy horrible wars the US has fought in it's relatively short history. People who say America is hated because it is powerful are partially right. America is not responsible with all that power.

Britain has made lots of enemies for being so close with the US.

Well I can't change what politicians did or will do. Most people don't support these wars anyhow. So the best we can do is defend ourselves from our leaders mistakes. What our goverment decides to do with there military is out of most people's hands.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
well you shuold make it so the goverment works for the people not against it.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
well you shuold make it so the goverment works for the people not against it.

Yeah I'd like to see that happen. Obviously voting doesn't work. More people voted for Gore yet Bush won. Its gotten so corrupt theres little voters can do anymore. Try freedom of speech. Thanks to the Patriot Act and some other laws lawmakers can easily label you as a terrorist or something. But the worst part is society. Society in general believes everything their goverment tells them. Plus the last time I tried saying something against the US goverment my own friends started flaming me. "Democracy is the worst form of goverments, except all the others"-Winston Churchill. Sadly any goverment can be corrupted and capitalism only makes it easier.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Its not that bad CD your making us look like we cant even open our mouth you can say anything you want against bush. Kerry and Edwards did it at the new York party with the celebrities plus we cant help if some idiot thinks he is going to heaven with 70 virgins if he blows his guts through his mouth I mean its not the US fault for these barbarians.

[edit on 26-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sorry everybody but I've just lost a lot of faith in my goverment since Bush won the election. All that there is to vote for is two canidates for president. Its crazy. Naders not on the ballet in every state. But sorry for my political rant everybody. Back onto topic whether or not we like it the US and most western nations have a lot of enemies. Sad but true. But like I already said militaries do more than just provide self defense or a way to get oil. Anyhow our military is one of the bigger things that drives our economy.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yeah that is true the military offers jobs and training and education to people who otherwise would be on the street. Plus the national guard helps with emergency situations like natural disasters or something. So its also good for problems within the country not just wars.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

dont vote liberal then.

Yes people don't vote liberal unless you want to be speaking Chinese. Just like Clinton cave the chicoms secret military info so will Kerry.
Also I like Donald rumsfeld but this crazy idea that he has about cutting down our forces is not too bright i side with Paul wolfowitz and the pentagon who want to make our military a heavier force and much bigger so we can act alone on any war without asking for help. To me this is a great idea the US can fight anywhere with no allies and we don't have to ask the UN

When did national defense switch from protecting our country to stationing troops all over the world? Weird.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It switched when crazy idiots blow themselves up for their "god" crazy idiots but back on topic. I simply don't like john carry cuz his voting record shows that he has voted against every weapon system that helped us want the cold war. Plus john Kerry votes for the war then votes against the 80 billion dollars going to our troops. That to me doesn't sound like a man you can trust with the military.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join