It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media

Read Artcle Here

The US military is developing software that will let it secretly manipulate social media sites by using fake online personas to influence internet conversations and spread pro-American propaganda. A Californian corporation has been awarded a contract with United States Central Command (Centcom), which oversees US armed operations in the Middle East and Central Asia, to develop what is described as an “online persona management service” that will allow one US serviceman or woman to control up to 10 separate identities based all over the world.

I cannot help but wonder how many of these guys are on ATS...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well I guess that means I've been outed...

I cannot help but wonder how many of these guys are on ATS...

>9000

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
already posted here in the last week
multiple times

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4/1/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Once again I see something that I thought was old news BUT apparently it is just now being implemented.
Either that, or they are only just now admitting to it.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by woghd

I think they might have been doing this for a long time now. It's pretty iffy, i don't know why they have to put manipulation into everything.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I suspect that they have been doing this for a very very long time.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

huh

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by woghd

It sounds like an amazing waste of time to me. GO America! hey man add me as a friend on farmville lol. From what i can tell they know their game is running out and people are starting to get mad. Its only a matter of time before there is a movement against the PIC aka "people in charge" Seriously people paying 100 bucks a month for a cell phone plan are already morons. I pay 40 for my internet and have a phone that cost me 40 bucks a month most people do not need the internet 24-7 yet they are to stupid to understand that. I have a lap top and a home pc no need for a 500 dollar cell phone and a hundred a month cell phone plan. If your into tech stuff i understand but 14 year old's don't need a smart phone and out of all the people i know only one person who has a smart phone actually uses it for work related stuff and has need for it.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
reply to post by woghd

It sounds like an amazing waste of time to me. GO America! hey man add me as a friend on farmville lol. From what i can tell they know their game is running out and people are starting to get mad. Its only a matter of time before there is a movement against the PIC aka "people in charge" Seriously people paying 100 bucks a month for a cell phone plan are already morons. I pay 40 for my internet and have a phone that cost me 40 bucks a month most people do not need the internet 24-7 yet they are to stupid to understand that. I have a lap top and a home pc no need for a 500 dollar cell phone and a hundred a month cell phone plan. If your into tech stuff i understand but 14 year old's don't need a smart phone and out of all the people i know only one person who has a smart phone actually uses it for work related stuff and has need for it.

I couldn't have put it better, a star for you sir!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

Thanks for summing it up like that.
You put into words exactly what I have been thinking for a long while.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

top topics

join