It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OUTRAGE!: Judge orders use of Islamic law in Tampa lawsuit over mosque leadership

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

OUTRAGE!: Judge orders use of Islamic law in Tampa lawsuit over mosque leadership

www.realnewsreporter.com

TAMPA — The question of what law applies in any Florida courtroom usually comes down to two choices: federal or state.

Florida has joined the march towards Sharia

But Hillsborough Circuit Judge Richard Nielsen is being attacked by conservative bloggers after he ruled in a lawsuit March 3 that, to resolve one crucial issue in the case, he will consult a different source.

“This case,” the judge wrote, “will proceed under Ecclesiastical Islamic Law.”

Nielsen said he will decide in a lawsuit against a local mosque, the Islamic Education Center of Tampa, whether the parties in
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I was unaware that any law but US law could be used in a US courtroom. Is this legal and constitutional?

"Nielsen said he will decide in a lawsuit against a local mosque, the Islamic Education Center of Tampa, whether the parties in the litigation properly followed the teachings of the Koran in obtaining an arbitration decision from an Islamic scholar."

This seems ridiculous to me. This is happening in Florida, not the middle east. This just seems very wrong.

www.realnewsreporter.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
We have loads of Sharia courts in the UK and yet people STILL deny the islamification of the west.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
already posted this week

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4/1/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The Foxnews version was posted, not this one. This news outlet goes way more in depth, and this story is ongoing. Saying it;s old news is like saying the meltdown is old news. Please read the article before condemning it, it has a completely different take than the Foxnews one. Peace.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
We have loads of Sharia courts in the UK and yet people STILL deny the islamification of the west.

I totally don't get this either. did you see the guy with the sign? They are doing this openly!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by woghd

Still the same story. A contract was signed, stating both parties will abide by Ecclesiastical Islamic Law. The court is just upholding said contractual obligation. Jews have their own system of agreement by jewish laws as well, and have been doing it in the US for years. As long as both parties agreed to abide by said rules, there is no problem. You sign a contract agreeing to abide by a certain set of rules all the time, people are just freaking out because these happen to be the big bad boogeyman muslim rules they agreed upon.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Here also.....coming to a town near you....soon....so, vote Barry back in.....if you want it...Vote this gentlemen in if you don't...

edit on 1-4-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by woghd

What a disgrace so if a community decides to come up with their own laws can we now have them supported by the courts?? What a moron judge...

Whoopps didn't read the post above
"Still the same story. A contract was signed, stating both parties will abide by Ecclesiastical Islamic Law. The court is just upholding said contractual obligation. Jews have their own system of agreement by jewish laws as well, and have been doing it in the US for years. As long as both parties agreed to abide by said rules, there is no problem. You sign a contract agreeing to abide by a certain set of rules all the time, people are just freaking out because these happen to be the big bad boogeyman muslim rules they agreed upon."

edit on 1-4-2011 by chrismarco because: Half ass job reading the other posts

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Separation of the Church and State.

The City or State has no business getting involved in the internal matters of the Church [In this case a Muslim mosque]. This isn't like Timmy broke the law Drunk Driving and the Judge decides to use Sharia Law.

Talk about sensationalism people....

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by woghd

Your link goes to an article called: Up to 20 U.N. Staff Killed in North Afghan City By Murderous Muslim Mob

Get your Muslim hate links sorted out. OK?

This is a repeat story. It's already been posted in THIS FORUM. It happened on the 22 of March and is no longer Breaking.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by TKDRL

Separation of the Church and State.

The City or State has no business getting involved in the internal matters of the Church [In this case a Muslim mosque]. This isn't like Timmy broke the law Drunk Driving and the Judge decides to use Sharia Law.

Talk about sensationalism people....

Way to go Slayer, I honestly didnt expect to hear that from you. *APPLAUSE*
But thats exactly right. Jewish Contract Law is enforced in the US between agreeing parties, what is the difference?
edit on 1-4-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by woghd

Your link goes to an article called: Up to 20 U.N. Staff Killed in North Afghan City By Murderous Muslim Mob

Get your Muslim hate links sorted out. OK?

I do not hate muslims, and I resent that you imply that I do. I did not write the article.
Try scrolling down a bit on that link. The story is there, the link is fine.
Be well.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Trust me, I've been called everything from and not limited to [Anti-Semite-Islamaphobe-Left Winger/Right Winger-SHEEP] Sometimes in the same thread and often times by the same poster.

I don't have a problem with Jews, Muslims, Catholics/Christians Atheists etc etc etc
I do however have serious issues with EXTREMISTS of any religious denomination.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Trust me, I've been called everything from and not limited to [Anti-Semite-Islamaphobe-Left Winger/Right Winger-SHEEP] Sometimes in the same thread and often times by the same poster.

I don't have a problem with Jews, Muslims, Catholics/Christians Atheists etc etc etc
I do however have serious issues with EXTREMISTS of any religious denomination.

APPLAUDS!!
Star gladly given!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm confused.Isn't the judge just saying that the 'islamic law' is what will be referenced since it is what is being questioned by the two parties?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
From the Article:

“The mosque believes wholeheartedly in the Koran and its teachings,” Thanasides said Monday. “They certainly follow Islamic law in connection with their spiritual endeavors. But with respect to secular endeavors, they believe Florida law should apply in Florida courts.”

The only law that should be practiced in our courtrooms is constitutional law. Period.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by woghd

Lol... None of our courtrooms abide by constitutional law unfortunately....
But this case is a contract dispute, which means it is civil litigation, not criminal court. If you sign a contract with the neighbor, saying whoever has the bigger penis gets both houses, don't cry to the court if you come up short

The court will go by the contract you agreed to sign,no matter how retarded it is, unless it somehow is a rights violation.
edit on Fri, 01 Apr 2011 18:03:40 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by woghd

Lol... None of our courtrooms abide by constitutional law unfortunately....
But this case is a contract dispute, which means it is civil litigation, not criminal court. If you sign a contract with the neighbor, saying whoever has the bigger penis gets both houses, don't cry to the court if you come up short

The court will go by the contract you agreed to sign,no matter how retarded it is, unless it somehow is a rights violation.
edit on Fri, 01 Apr 2011 18:03:40 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

It doesn't work that way. If somebody signs an extrajurisdictional contract, the court cannot hear the case. Simple as that. The parties have to go to a court that will. So if they have to go to Islamisbad to have it settled, then thats what they have to do. The judge was supposed to say "This court has no jurisdiction in this case" and dismiss it, not say "Oh we are going to practice islamic law now"

It is not a court of islamic law, end of story.
edit on 1-4-2011 by woghd because: Classified

top topics

join