It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force Veteran refuses to fight an illegal war.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

So what about those idealists that sign up to do what the miltary is SUPPOSED to do?

If you sign up to defend your country, freedom, and peaceful peopls around the world, do you stay when you are ordered into FUBAR situations chosen by corporate greed?

Where do you draw the line before you just say no?

If I had joined my countries military under the pretense of defending my country, I would be gone the second I was ordered to do things that go against what I signed up for.

What was Iraq about? WMD! WMD! WMD!...where are wmd's? Not in Iraq apparently.

What was Afghanistan about? Bin Laden! Bin Laden!....hogwash.

Killing is not a game, regardless of what your politicians tell you.

The Western militaries should never have been involved in any of these engagements, and should not be involved in Libya. Mark my words, the western governments have just created 3 countries of future terrorists for their children.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

I goptta keep telling all you simple minded people
You are in the MILITARY...your Oath says you will OBEY THE ORDERS OF THE OFFICERS APPOINTED OVER YOU unl;ess its a blatant unlawful order, you CANNOT REFUSE END OF DISCUSSION
Youre paid to DO, not THINK

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

So what constitutes an unlawful act?

Killing a child in a combat zone?

Bombing a wide area which is occupied by both enemy forces and civilians?

Military action due to intelligence that has the possibility of being inaccurate but is acted on anyway?

All are not equal in the eyes of the law that we have established. Especially in the arena of war where we fight and let the philosophers work out the morality of it later. This is quite evident if you look at pass genocides committed by the US military where soldiers are prosecuted for crimes yet commanding officers take a slap on the wrist if anything such as the My Lai Massacre in Vietnam.

We also take part in a form of accepted genocide in the US which there are many examples of,

The firebombing of Tokyo in WW2 and the nuclear weapons drops on japan during WW2.

The use of agent orange in Vietnam

And consistent use of aerial bombardment which is the greatest WMD ever created which kills countless civilians.

The problem with our military is that we have soldiers who are not allowed to question, because it would make them combat ineffective. Therefore ignorance makes the best soldier, now I am not saying that all soldiers are stupid, they are perhaps jaded by the illusion of patriotism. This is true of all armies not just the US.

"War will exist until the distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige as the warrior does today."
— John F. Kennedy

All war breeds is hate, and as long as there is hate there will be no understanding and no compassion.

edit on 1-4-2011 by Openeye because: Spelling

edit on 1-4-2011 by Openeye because: More Spelling

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

it's your war mentally that's wrong with the world.

You should watch this video.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

My mentality is that of a soldier, I take my orders and carry them out

top topics

<< 1   >>

join