It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmopolitan ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Seeing women picking up issues of the weekly comso is sickening.
55 new ways to spice things up in the bedroom? 7 new work-outs to get that bikini bod? Celeb beauty secrets?
Personally, I'd like to think I'm worth more than these things cosmo is telling me I should be concerned about.

Cosmopolitan is dumbing down our nations women. Yet a while back I remember a thread where CNN was concerned about Al Qaeda targeting our women.

Why can't there be a high-profile women's magazine that talks about empowering ourselves?? Why not anything about educating ourselves on things that ACTUALLY matter?
This is just another way society wants only the male to take control. Making trophy wives by the masses.

Question(take no offense): But is this how the males of our society wish us women to be? Would you rather have a woman who is the image of perfection and have no brains to back it up? Only concerned with material objects? Superficial???

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bones_

Question(take no offense): But is this how the males of our society wish us women to be? Would you rather have a woman who is the image of perfection and have no brains to back it up? Only concerned with material objects? Superficial???

no. no no no. no no.....no.

please women, be smart and interesting and have something worthwhile to say.
i'll try and do the same.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I know what you are saying op but it works both ways. Men are supposed to be strong, smart, wealthy, etc. to be recognized as 'good' suitors for women. Just like that old cliche that size doesn't matter. It matters in both sexes!
Well if I had my perfect mate she would be sexy, intelligent and very capable.

But who reads magazines anymore anyway? Except at a doctors office.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Wow, that's a loaded question.

Could I possibly get both?

Seriously, It is an impossible standard.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
Men are supposed to be strong, smart, wealthy, etc. to be recognized as 'good' suitors for women. Just like that old cliche that size doesn't matter. It matters in both sexes!

You are right. I wish you weren't though. These standards are so 1940s.
This is a new age and we should re-write these expectations! I know that these expectations of the opposite sex are not my own

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bones_

I'm not so sure of myself anymore as far as physical appearances go I've always been attracted to tall, slender, long blonde haired women that most would say look like Barbie dolls. Not that I can't love someone that looks different then this because there were many but my eyes seek out that which I covet. And these tend to be the ones I have been attracted to since I was little and I am now 38.

Hard to say why some of us like Ferraris and others Mercedes.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Cosmopolitan doesnt dumb down women. Dumb women need something to read.

new topics

top topics

join