It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just how bad is it for the workers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com... from the link

One worker from inside the plant spoke anonymously about safety concerns such as not having enough radiation-detection devices available for workers.

The devices alert workers of too much exposure.

"Since the number of monitors is limited, only one or two devices are handed to each group," the worker said. "But sometimes you have to move away from that person and in that case you'll never know the level of your exposure."

He said workers are worried about their health.
nothing like facing certain death.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I heard that some of them are expected to die within the next few weeks.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This story is truly terrible. How long will it all take, really?

It seems those poor Workers have been there waaaaay too long by now. I don't know what others believed in the beginning of the catastrophy, but personally, I presumed it would just take days or perhaps a week until they had either fixed the reactors, or, had decided to abandon it all together and evacute it no matter what.

I mean, this is just outrageous and all so sad. Pull them out of there already now while they are still alive!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

For the workers there there is no safe place.The gauges they are using are irrelevant in this case. No matter where they go they are exposed to lethal levels..There is no need for a smoke detector in a room filled with smoke.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

saw this...Exclusive:
WANTED: U.S. workers for crippled Japan nuke plant

ca.news.yahoo.com...

The qualifications: Skills gained in the nuclear industry, a passport, a family willing to let you go, willingness to work in a radioactive zone.
The rewards: Higher than normal pay and the challenge of solving a major crisis.

not a joke,, as far as i can tell....

a Family willing to let you go?? go and die??

top topics

join