It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epic Discovery: China's National Radio-Astronomy Observatory Announces Monitoring of 'Dark' Satel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Epic Discovery: China's National Radio-Astronomy Observatory Announces Monitoring of 'Dark' Satellite in Orbit Around Saturn -"Transmitting the Universal Genetic Code"

w ww.dailygalaxy.com

China's Xinhua News Agency, the official press agency of the government of the People's Republic of China (PRC) announced Thursday that the National Radio Astronomy Observatory has been monitoring signals from a previously unknown "dark" satellite in orbit around Saturn for the past 90 days. According to government officials, the signals appear to be the first verified transmission from an alien civilization.

China's leading astrobiologist, Dr. Xi Chang, a graduate of MIT, told Xinhua that "the sigal repeats itself continuosly in 2 minute long sequences and appears to be the four bas
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I hope no one has posted this the search isn't working no matter what I put in it just comes up error! This is awesome! Where did it come from? Can we talk back with the satellite or will we have to wait for a million years far our signal to get there? Get out there to the satellite now! I want to know more about this asap! lol

w ww.dailygalaxy.com

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Guys... this is an April fools joke. Come on! Wake up!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

Gullible much?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
whenever you hear something that is too good to be true, better check the calander, its Aril 1st.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

at first i was like"YOU GOTTA BE @#$%&*$ ME!".I got tunnell vision....the words alian contact sped towards me..................WAIT a min........you got me........flag

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
NVM
edit on 1-4-2011 by prolific because: I fail

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Great stuff, I love the odd April fools joke

Nice one OP.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Mods, can this be moved to hoax?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
im starting to hate this day

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Ach!!!
Just s'n f it, going crazy!
Just like cold water in the face when I read your 1st of April posts…
Good that you are more aware than me

When will I ever learn?!?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Best April Fools joke so far today

Well done folks.

I think today there's going to be a little more leniency towards not so true stories on the boards.

I think....

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

A bad joke. Everyone knows negentropy is the unifying theory; relatively speaking, DNA is of little importance.

Posted April 1, 2011

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
April's fool is so stupid when it starts to infest news article. This whole day is a facepalm and a waist of time. Move this to HOAX ASAP!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Yes but it does remind us to question anything we read in the news...

Thnk goodness for Arpril fools!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarBeyondDriven69

Epic Discovery: China's National Radio-Astronomy Observatory Announces Monitoring of 'Dark' Satellite in Orbit Around Saturn -"Transmitting the Universal Genetic Code"

w ww.dailygalaxy.com

China's Xinhua News Agency, the official press agency of the government of the People's Republic of China (PRC) announced Thursday that the National Radio Astronomy Observatory has been monitoring signals from a previously unknown "dark" satellite in orbit around Saturn for the past 90 days. According to government officials, the signals appear to be the first verified transmission from an alien civilization.

China's leading astrobiologist, Dr. Xi Chang, a graduate of MIT, told Xinhua that "the sigal repeats itself continuosly in 2 minute long sequences and appears to be the four bas

Ok I am not gullable or stupid but I did not see where this said it is an April fools joke. Ok so its April 1 but does China have April fools day? I kinda thought that was an American thing. No??? Please direct me to where it says this is an April fools joke. I see the comments from readers but.... what am I missing. Thank You!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

HAHA it figures that on April Fools ATS is littered with threads by people baited by April Fools' Jokes. Critical thinking guys, use it.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by finalword

Ok I'm confused too. No mention within, or at the end of the article of "April Fools." So basically, any news posted today, we just gauge whether or not we think it might be plausible. If the majority find it unlikely, it's a fun joke. If they find it likely, it's real news?

That's just an ignorant way to handle news. I'm for denying ignorance. Sounds like we should dismiss any news distributed on this day. Can I getta A-men?

top topics

join