It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Research\'s Prof Chusdovski avers US ready with Nukes over Libya....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Heres the link
www.globalresearch.ca...

If this is half true we are playing a dangerous game.
No way would the world allow the use of even tactical weapons of this nature right now...or maybe ever.....(Fujishima may have that deep a resonance)
These Global research fellows do good digging, but tend to be a bit strident at times.
I dont think they have wicked intentions by any means, but who knows?
Take it for what its worth, at least you can see the more casual acceptance of these WMDs on the part of our own commanders and soldiers as well as politicians.It all adds up to familiaraity breeds contempt.
These baby nukes will be used sooner or later im sure of it.
We are stretched too thin as it is, and they would make great equalisers or force multiplyers as they say......

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

The B61 was made out of surplus howitzer barrels IIRC, and was intended for use on Iraqi bunkers. I'm not sure Libya is the same sort of conflict. It's also not like there are a huge supply of these things, it was one of those one-off "how do we do this" designs that Sandia tossed off in a really fast development in response to a single very defined problem the US thought would come up in Iraq.

I'm certainly not a proponent of using nukes in any way, but the B61 isn't a general purpose tactical nuke the way this guy seems to be describing. It is Global Research, though.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I highly doubt nuclear weapons would be used in this conflict. I have never heard of this specific weapon before, but I have heard of other types of mini nukes that were on the drawing board.

The fear of using any type of nuclear weapon runs through all who control them, the ramifications of their use is so vast that I believe there is no need to have them even as a deterrent. All they cause is death, and have the potential to make the this planet uninhabitable to life for thousands of years. They should all be disarmed, that maybe a naive statement but I will stand by it.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The thing which interests me most from that article is the references to a suspected Chemical Weapons Lab at Tarhunah. Does anyone know if they've sent any sneaky beaky operative types into Libya to confirm its existence? I would say it would rank pretty high on their list of priorities, as a successful chemical weapons programme would give Gaddafi some potent weapons to use against the rebels, and he doesn't strike me as the type to think twice about deploying them.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Just keep an eye out. The world is a bit nutty right now, I mean more so than usual.
I blame Nibiru, Al Qaeda, HAARP, the NWO, the Pleadians and the damn Easter bunny for all of this.

new topics

top topics

join