It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to End the War in 6 Weeks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I have figured out how to end the War on Terrorism. I can do it within six weeks, with no U.S.s Troops dying, and very limited efforts by the United States military.

Anyone remember Joshua from The Bible? Joshua once went up against some people who believed in Ba'al. Imagine a great, flat part of the desert, with two large armies facing off. The followers of Ba'al taunting the followers of YHWY, and vice versa. So Joshua comes up with an idea.

He tells the followers of Ba'al to take a bunch of sheep and sacrifice them to Ba'al. He says to throw them in a huge pile, and pray to Ba'al to ignite them, and if they ignite, then Ba'al is real. Well, the Ba'al followers agree and they pile up the bodies and start praying and chating. Joshua eggs them on, telling them that maybe Ba'al can't hear them, and they should pray louder. He tells them to pour oil on the pile, and load it up with sticks, all kinds of stuff. The followers of Ba'al pray and pray, and nothing happens.

So, finally, Joshua tells them to stand back. He has the Hebrews cover the pile in water, and Joshua says a prayer to YHWY, and the pile ignites immediately.

Now, I'm sure I got a few of the details wrong because it's been a very long time since I've read The Bible, but it gave me an idea. We use the lesson from Joshua to defeat the Islamic Fundamentalists at their own game.

On Monday morning, Bush gets on the TV and says, "Wednesday night at 8pm local time, we are going to detroy a mosque in Tikrit. We will use a guided missile. If Allah truly supports you and wants us to be destroyed, then the missile will never reach you. If Allah is not real, and you are being lied to, then the mosque qill be destroyed." Then we blow it up.

We continue this, going down the line, blowing up four or five different mosques, and I bet you in 6 weeks, the fundamentalist community will realize they are being lied to, and the entire terrorist network will rot from the inside out.

Unfortunately, war is good business. This one will be going on a long, long time.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I'm sorry i couldn't get past the second sentence because your post is BORING and STUPID.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Thanks for your highly intellectual, and relevant response

/sarcasm

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Or they could respond by doing the same to us. If I were a Muslim and somebody used this tactic against my people, I would do the same thing right back.

Do you really think the Islamic fundamentalists are so naive that they would believe a guided missle blowing up one of their places of worship means Allah isn't real?

If they blew up a Christian church as a challenge for God to prove His existence, do you think His failure to protect it would convince Christians they are worshipping the wrong God?

One other thing, Islam came from the same semetic origins as Christianity, and their God, Allah, is the same God worshipped by the Christians, so if they believe in the wrong God, so do you.

I think you are underestimating the intelligence of the Muslim people, which is a very foolish thing to do.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
xeozi... charming little posts like yours is the reason the designer of the site has given us an ignore button. I will certainly be using this wonderful feature.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
No, no, no, this isn't about Muslims, you misunderstand me. This is about the Islamic Fundamentalists that are threatening us. They are as much a splinter of Islam and the Branch Davidians were of Christianity. They are told, again and again, that we are infadels, and that Allah wants us destroyed. This is a Jihad, a religious crusade against us. It's not about Muslims fighting us, it's about one faction of people. Not the entire Muslim community. I apologize if that's the road I seemed to be going down.

One other thing, Islam came from the same semetic origins as Christianity, and their God, Allah, is the same God worshipped by the Christians, so if they believe in the wrong God, so do you.

I never claimed to believe in any god/God. I was simply giving my thoughts on a theoretical idea I had. Obviously, it's implementation would be much more complex.

They made this a war about religion, and I had an idea how to respond in kind. Sadly, it's gotten past the point of peaceful reconciliation, and other avenues must be explored. I was simply opening discussion for an alternative.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
THats like saying if god blesses america we shouldnt be worried about any attacks unless god is not real!

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
RockerDom says

Now, I'm sure I got a few of the details wrong because it's been a very long time since I've read The Bible, but it gave me an idea. We use the lesson from Joshua to defeat the Islamic Fundamentalists at their own game.

LOL. You did more than get a few of the details wrong. You told a completely mangled and inaccurate version of a story about Elijah. The story is told in 1 Kings 18:20-40. For those without access to a Bible, here is a brief summary.

On Carmel the issue of Baal versus the Lord as the true God was put to a dramatic test designed to bring king and people to a decision in the matter (vs. 20�40). The prophets of Baal were first given an opportunity to demonstrate their god�s power by having him bring fire down from heaven to consume the sacrifice offered to him (vs. 22�29), but Baal proved impotent to do so. Elijah then repaired the Lord�s altar that had fallen into disrepair, laid a sacrifice upon the altar, drenched it all with water, and then called upon God to vindicate His name. The Lord responded by sending a bolt of fire that consumed the sacrifice, the altar, and the water (vs. 30�38). The people acknowledged the Lord as the true God, and at the command of Elijah slew all the prophets of Baal (vs. 39, 40).

www.nisbett.com...

Rather than the extremely unfair test you propose, we should have George Bush and Osama bin Laden meet at a neutral site. Each would have an opportunity to call down fire and brimstone from heaven. Naturally, both would fail. Then the whole world would know that neither man speaks for God.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
LOL, I should read my Bible more often. Thanks for the info, don.

I agree the implementation would be unfair, but we are faced with a war that will continue to rob us of our children and money for decades to come. There has to be a better way, I guess in my desperation to search for it, I had an idea that is unfair. I accept that. I wish I were perfect, but I'm still working on it.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Yeh lets start bombing loads of mosques and then the growing face off between the west and Islamic extremists will improve. You moron.

[edit on 7/24/2004 by earthtone]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
well i wouldnt suggest blowing up mosques, as the story points out, it was a peaceful way to solve the situation, not violence on the others house of worship, you didnt understand what the story was saying about solving it peacefully.

i say we leave all arab nations and ask them if america is so evil then how do they explain us leaving then tell them if were really out to get arabs why did we leave then ask why they still want to harm us, like the history of islam shows it wont work, it'll prove who wants what, that islam is a violent religion towards those of other faith, mohommad wasnt a peaceful man, he didnt start islam to be peaceful, if you think true islam is peaceful then you havent learned its beginning or its creators life, islam has a much more eventful history of invading, conquering and pillaging than any religion and it was created by a conquerer who pillaged, slaughtered and enslaved those who refused him as messiah.

violence nor peace will solve any of our issues with muslims, the extremists do follow mohommads word and actions so they really are strictly going by islam and what they do does truly represent the truth of islam as they claim.

nothing will stop the violence so i dont see how that suggestion would help rockerdom.

[edit on 24-7-2004 by namehere]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The attacks in Iraq are over politics and control, NOT religion. Don't fall for the government/media tripe about muslim jihadists coming across borders to exact revenge upon the U.S.. Its an Iraqi-centric guerilla warfare rebellion given the name of outsider jihadist terrorism to make military action appear more palpable to you the ignorant constituent.

[edit on 24-7-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Indeed, and remember that you yourself are at threat from these brutal, religiously obsessed killers! It has nothing to do with the fact that their country was invaded and many civilians were killed, and for what?

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
heelstone

really, whats to say youre right? how is one ignorant? because you think only what you think is right? it started as political untill extremists got involved and declared it their front against america.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
heelstone

really, whats to say youre right? how is one ignorant? because you think only what you think is right? it started as political untill extremists got involved and declared it their front against america.

Do you still believe Iraq was a threat to the United States? If not, do you think that you were decieved? If you feel that you were decieved, would you not also think that you are also being decieved even now? Lies have to have lies constantly added to them to prop them up. Don't fall for it.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
OK, this may not be the smartest idea on the block, but some of you people are just cold with your comments. Point out where he is wrong in the thinking and talk like adults, not kids calling people names... I think a few need to play nicely.

I do think the idea is flawed in many ways. If you bombed mosques, then you would have the non-fundamentalists join in the fight. The situation would spiral out of hand. Churches would be bombed to prove the same thing. You would have Christian over here going wacky on any Arab looking person that they meant saying that Allah would save them from being beaten to death if he was real. Too much conflict in this way of doing things.

I personally think you let the leaders go at the fighting. They are ALL hiding. Whether a cave, hole in the ground, or the White house, they are no where near the actual fighting. They are safe with people guarding them. It is easy to give orders and not have to worry about yourself being killed. I say take themselves.. their dedicated people, give them the same weapons and let them fight it out in the desert. Then they can hopefully all kill each other and the people that want actual peace can live together......

Much better than todays situation of letting other die for your beliefs. I am talking about ALL side of this war. Not just one.

[edit on 24-7-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
heelstone

thats beside the point, it clearly is one political war with iraqi's AND another war of religion with extremists, 2 unrelated wars is one location.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
heelstone

thats beside the point, it clearly is one political war with iraqi's AND another war of religion with extremists, 2 unrelated wars is one location.

I don't buy into the notion that there is any type of outsider jihadist terrorists waging war in Iraq. ALL attacks in Iraq, whether they are acts of terrorism or not, are all related to the Iraqi resistance.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Yeh this isn't a holy war, but many Iraqis feel they as a country have been humiliated by America and the coalition. So resistance comes from this aspect, some peopel have lost family and som people hate America and don't want them in their country. What did everyone expect. Did people really think that all Iraqi's would just throw flowers and cheer for the Coalition?

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I wasn't talking about Iraq...I was talking about how to stop the Jihad against us...it wasn't even completely my idea, my friend from work is from Kosovo and he's a Muslim, and brought up the Elijah story (that's where I got the Joshua thing, he told me it was Joshua, and I just believed him.) It's not really important...just an idea I had and wanted to share...sigh...he thought it was pretty good, and so I thought you guys might like it too...guess not...oh well...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join