It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret look at where your hard earned dollars are going. VIDEO UPDATE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Firstly data from WHOIS WHOIS

Registrant:
The Above Network

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (www.godaddy.com...)
Domain Name: ABOVETOPSECRET.COM

Domain servers in listed order:
NS4.DNSMADEEASY.COM
NS3.DNSMADEEASY.COM
NS2.DNSMADEEASY.COM
NS1.DNSMADEEASY.COM
NS0.DNSMADEEASY.COM

For complete domain details go to:
who.godaddy.com...

GoDaddy CEO criticized for killing an elephant

A video of GoDaddy.com founder and CEO Bob Parsons hunting and killing an elephant in Zimbabwe has raised protest from multiple corners, including PETA.

Parsons traveled to Zimbabwe earlier this year for his second annual hunt of what he calls "problem elephants," animals that destroy local villagers' crops. In the introduction to the video, Parsons writes, "Of everything I do, this is the most rewarding."

On his personal blog, Parsons said "I spend a few weeks in Zimbabwe each year helping the farmers deal with problem elephants. The people there have very little, many die each year from starvation and one of the problems they have is the elephants, of which there are thousands and thousands, that trash many of their fields destroying the crops."

Full Story LINK

Interesting take Parson has on how this act can be accepted. One of the dumbest justifications ever wonder if he had to pay to shoot it. Unconscionable. I am so glad I stopped using GoDaddy and now, I hope others do the same. There is no reason to kill an elephant.

ABove is the video. Parsons explains on camera about the damage the elephant has done. I find it interesting as he continues to say "They been here three nights in a row. We're hoping they come back for the fourth, and if they do we'll be here to greet them."

edit on 1-4-2011 by StealthKix because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2011 by StealthKix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthKix

you said a mouthful

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Best thread EVER!!

Very Insightfull

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
that is truly amazing.
I never would have guessed that.
But I wonder why they did that sometimes
but I guess they had their reasons
though I don't see the changes helping any.

what do you all think ???

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Of course everyone wants to say how stupid this thread is, but you can't, because it's true.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

edit on 1-4-2011 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
But doesn't it eventually help in the conservation ?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I've adopted 7 of the Elephants in the adopt a 'phat 'phant program. The condo association doesn't like them tearing up the garbage on garbage day, but screw them, I'm tired of the GoDaddy program of killing elephants just to put tusks on Danika Patrick's indy car.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Thomas Edison's approach was better!

2nd
edit on 4/1/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Africa is not Disneyland and it isn't Yellowstone either. But why do rich foreigners have to come there to shoot elephants? Why don't the locals dispose of the elephants themselves if they are so hungry and the elephants such a problem? I would never wait for some body from Africa to come along if I was hungry and giant grizzly bears were eating my crops. I would shoot the bear myself and chow down.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0ba140868c6.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

We all know Africa is not Disneyland. Its Lion Country Safari.

www.lioncountrysafari.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Certain replies by individuals are very interesting. I've often heard things said about certain ATS members and staff outside of the website and am starting to see it a bit more clearly now.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthKix

if that's directed at me, and it probably is, you posted a blank post and I made a joke about it.

as to the issue of elephant hunting, I'm against it. I do however, understand that there are people out there who do these things. There are also people who fight to protect animals from hunting whilst wearing leather or eating meat or using products that came from animals or plants (also living creatures) and, thus, I feel that, so long as these things are regulated, the animal population is protected.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
God how disgusting, what a piece of human garbage.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Although killing any animal should not be taken lightly there are some reasons to kill an elephant.

There are reports of rogue elephants every year in Africa that not only kill people but also destroy a large amount of crops that people in the area need to survive.

I read an article about rogue elephants that killed 3 people and destroyed the crops of 44 different farms.

At some point people need to take action to stay out of harms way and to keep the food they rely on to live safe especially in a place like Africa where food is not easy to come by.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Wow, that's not cool ATS

You guys shouldn't support stuff like this.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm against deer hunting, and for me this is pretty much the same.

As I see it the elephants aren't endangered and they aren't breaking any laws.

If its a topic of principle for you then there's nothing wrong with that. But I think it's pretty much a non issue for me. I could care what type of animals the CEO of GoDaddy kills in his free time to be honest.

If he's breaking a law then he should be prosecuted accordingly. Outside of that I have more pressing issues to worry about.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by StealthKix

if that's directed at me, and it probably is, you posted a blank post and I made a joke about it.

as to the issue of elephant hunting, I'm against it. I do however, understand that there are people out there who do these things. There are also people who fight to protect animals from hunting whilst wearing leather or eating meat or using products that came from animals or plants (also living creatures) and, thus, I feel that, so long as these things are regulated, the animal population is protected.

and I concur with Crakeur, when I responded your OP was blank as well.
I thought it was another April Fool's joke with no content so I followed
Crakeur's lead. Next time, the OP may want to actually post his OP
before allowing people to respond else this may have been avoided.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Guys the elephants are clearly a problem for these poor farmers. Why don't the farmers kill it themselves you say? BECAUSE THEY'RE POOR! Guns and bullets cost money and these people are in survival mode. Proof? Look at the swarm of people around the elephant taking its meat. Hey, not everyone is born in a rich first world country, get your collective heads out of the sand and see the world for what it is. This elephant fed a lot of people that day and saved a farmer his crops so he could earn a living in peace and safety.

I guess you guys rather see the farmer lose his crops and be out of money. Maybe he or one of his family members is unhealthy and they desperately need the money to buy the medicine required to keep them alive. But no, according to you guys an elephant is more important than a human being. Now who's being insensitive? At the end of the day there are bigger problems in this world than a CEO killing an elephant so even if you still think it's wrong it doesn't really matter and the world will end in 2012 anyways.

The world is a cold hard place in need of real practical solutions to problems. This is why nothing ever gets done in this world. Too many politically correct fools trying to evade the most practical solutions. Like for example, deploying troops near the border under shoot to kill rules of engagement. SImple and effective, doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
edit on 1-4-2011 by JohnnyWarbucks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
You guys shouldn't support stuff like this.

Not happy with it. However, the complexity of moving domain registrars in a situation such as ours with dozens of domains and auto-renewal scenarios, with the ultra-limited manpower available here is extremely prohibitive... if not short-term risky.

We most likely will look toward alternatives, but it's simply not something that can be done quickly on a whim, nor something that should ever be done without prior and extensive research and testing on lower-level domains.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join