Help!! spyware? somethings wrong on my PC

page: 1
1
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I downloaded the newest version of Firefox the other day and ever since, I have been having problems. I get an error message upon startup that says that Windows has discovered at problem with something called Run DLL as an App. But after that, my PC has acted relatively normal other than running a little slower than usual.

The most annoying thing that is happening is when I search anything on Google. I click on the links to go to the pages that come up in my search results, and everytime, I get redirected to other search engines. I have tried a couple of free Spyware removers, and they have claimed to have found issues, but this keeps happening.


Does anyone know what the problem is, or can recommend a reliable free spyware remover I can use?




posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone
 


I recommend Malware Bytes it's very good at what it does and is free


- Phoenix



posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone
 


In your position, I would download CCleaner, and Malware bytes. You can find those two through Google and if you can't I can provide the link.

With malware bytes, I would recommend running the full system scan, but for time constraints a quick scan can do some work too.
edit on 1-4-2011 by prolific because: can



posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Update your security software



posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_zephyr
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone
 


I recommend Malware Bytes it's very good at what it does and is free


- Phoenix


Malware Bytes is where I would start as well.. Download it, update it, and run a quick scan.. Keep us posted.



posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
When you search does it take you to "google analytics","amazon.premium", or"click check"?
If this is the case I can help.



posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Virus scanners won't find the problem.



posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Spybot - Search and Destroy is pretty good too.

I advise running Spybot, Malwarebytes and CCleaner then rebooting. If that fails pick up a free copy of AVG Antivirus and run that in safe mode.



posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Sounds like you've got some malware and your browser is likely "highjacked". You should download the free version of "Malwarebytes" here:

www.malwarebytes.org...


Then you should download "Hijackthis" from here:

free.antivirus.com...


Go to the Malwarebytes support forum and there is a "Hijackthis" forum where you can post your Hijackthis report and they can tell you what you can safely remove.



posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The google search results are taking me to all kinds of different pages(scour.com, aoltravel ,Happili.com, Etc...), The only way I can get to what Im looking for is to copy and paste the address under the link description.

I downloaded Malwarebytes, and its scanning right now, Its already found 3 infected objects. SO hopefully it will help.



posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cheesefacedogbone
I downloaded the newest version of Firefox the other day and ever since, I have been having problems. I get an error message upon startup that says that Windows has discovered at problem with something called Run DLL as an App. But after that, my PC has acted relatively normal other than running a little slower than usual.

The most annoying thing that is happening is when I search anything on Google. I click on the links to go to the pages that come up in my search results, and everytime, I get redirected to other search engines. I have tried a couple of free Spyware removers, and they have claimed to have found issues, but this keeps happening.


Does anyone know what the problem is, or can recommend a reliable free spyware remover I can use?

Can help you but you have to reply.
The scanners they are suggesting wont work.
I had this exact issue.



posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cheesefacedogbone
The google search results are taking me to all kinds of different pages(scour.com, aoltravel ,Happili.com, Etc...), The only way I can get to what Im looking for is to copy and paste the address under the link description.

I downloaded Malwarebytes, and its scanning right now, Its already found 3 infected objects. SO hopefully it will help.

you have a wireless router?



posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think I had your same problem with firefox and I downloaded their no redirect add on and it stopped redirecting me to wierd pages.

Peace.
Mike



posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PoopDawg
 


I am on Public Wifi



posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone
 


I had the same problem the other day. I used Malwarebytes and superantispyware to help find the problems and delete them. you can also restore your computer to just before the problem occurred if that is easier for you. You can google those two programs easily and download for free.

I would recommend running your scans in safe mode. You may want to write down the name of the files you find in the scan. If you google the files, you can often find a problem that is skipped by the scans and alleviate your culprit that way.

There is also a program called hijackthis. You can run a scan, then post the results into forums and people will help you find solutions. I dont have a link to one of those right now but i will try to find you one if i can.

I hope this helps.



posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cheesefacedogbone
reply to post by PoopDawg
 


I am on Public Wifi

If it is the same problem, then the wireless routers settings hve been hijacked. im guessing the connection doesnt have a password?
The only way to fix the problem is to reset the router and add a password.
Every computer using this connection will have this problem.



posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ok, thanks for the help. That seemed to have worked! Google is working just fine now. Im still getting a couple of DLL errors upon startup though.


AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!! ok so that lasted about five minutes. same problem again!>
edit on 1-4-2011 by Cheesefacedogbone because: not so much success



posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone
 


make sure your windows files are ok when your done also.

you can open up a command prompt and type in the following:

sfc /scannow.

that is the built in system file scanner.



posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cheesefacedogbone
Ok, thanks for the help. That seemed to have worked! Google is working just fine now. Im still getting a couple of DLL errors upon startup though.


AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!! ok so that lasted about five minutes. same problem again!>
edit on 1-4-2011 by Cheesefacedogbone because: not so much success

Its the router!
Do you know whos internet your using.
My only suggestion is to go talk to them and tell them to do what I said.



posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hard reset. Its a tiny button on the router.





new topics
top topics
 
1
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join