It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April fools day jokes have no business on ATS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I woke up this morning and grabbed my phone to check emails, my blogs and ATS when I noticed all of the "hilarious" joke posts. Only they aren't funny. Its like everyone decided to treat this site like its ran by Sorcha Faal or whatever that hoaxer's name is.

This is ATS. A place where adults discuss serious topics. Not a playground for pranksters.

If you absolutely MUST play one of these adolescent pranks, post it in HOAX.

/rant

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Are you also addressing the owners of the site, who made their own April Fool's thread in Breaking News?

What's the big deal? It's a refreshing change from the DOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!! threads.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MockedUnicorn

While I understand this site has the mature audience type feel, you should really loosen up a little.

Happy April Fools
!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

This is not really ATS , so the joke's on you .

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

People are just trying to have some fun, lighten up.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MockedUnicorn

This is ATS. A place where adults discuss serious topics

Since when?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Someone get this guy's sense of humor on the phone. It is needed, quickly.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Gawd, there are so many wet blankets on here today.

Sorry you had your whole day spoiled because you can't see the need to lighten up once in a while.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I completely agree with you in everyway.

Except the part about April fools day jokes having no business on ATS.

Relax, its only one day and its fun if you take part.

You can normally spot jokes, pranks and fake articles by looking at the forum title that a thread is within or the link itself will be suspect if you look at the address.
edit on 1-4-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MockedUnicorn
This is ATS. A place where adults discuss serious topics. Not a playground for pranksters.
/rant

You are kidding right?
O wai, u srs.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

This is not a joke. Micky said: "I didn't say Mini was Silly, I said she was FU#king Goofy."

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

ATS itself has become a joke.

Once 'Political Madness' gained a foothold here, ALL credibility was lost.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

"Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world's original sin. If the cave-man had known how to laugh, History would have been different." — Oscar Wilde

With all that's going on in the world, and how this site is on a day-to-day basis, having a little fun one day a year is perfectly fine by me. Let the fine people of this board let off a little steam and be silly. We have a whole 364 days in the year to be serious. It's only healthy.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
What's the big deal? It's a refreshing change from the DOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!! threads.

Couldn't agree with you more. I'm so tired of doomsday stories I could puke blood. 2011 and 2012 will have as many doomsday predictions as the year 2000 did.

Being new to ATS myself, its really good to see the site owners have a sense of humor, and are not cynical minded nut jobs.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DiabolusFireDragon

And with that said, if people don't like to have fun, joke around, and enjoy a little humor, then take the day off from ATS and other sites that would enjoy April Fools.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
We need more serious threads on ATS, like this one, threads that expose the truth. Threads that give hard evidence! I'm tired of all the disinfo.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
As long as it's posted in the correct forum: General chit-chat or Pranks, jokes & gags, have no problem with it. Gotta have a little silly with my cup o' serious.

Pull my finger!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
As long as it's posted in the correct forum: General chit-chat or Pranks, jokes & gags, have no problem with it. Gotta have a little silly with my cup o' serious.

Pull my finger!

That is my view as well. Mixing joke threads into the real ones on the boards just gives this site less credibility. I dont hate jokes, I just wouldnt run into a bank with a plastic gun and yell "this is a robbery!.....APRIL FOOLS!"

Its rediculous and not funny.

new topics

top topics

join