It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan mob storms UN office, kills 8, beheads 2

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
R.I.P. all those who died while trying to uplift the downtrodden. Condolences to their families.
Strength, respect and support to those still fighting to keep the peace.

I am not a religious person but if there is a god I hope he is just and that he makes the perpetrators pay for their crimes (on both sides).

This is absolutely shocking..

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I think you need to understand what the 'UN' stands for. Maybe you confuse it for the 'US'?
And that is not a valid reason for what happened anyway. They just got incited and worked up by those Imaams and mullahs at Friday prayers.. who will just go home and collect their $$ from the AL Qaeda financers for the brilliant instigation job they've done. These guys (AlQaeda etc) must've been hoping/praying that the pastor nut burn the koran.. Must've even tried to pay him off through seemingly western/christian channels..

2 step solution.. (1) Public flogging for the pastor (2) Catch those frakking imaams.. and flog them in front of the afghan public.. The afghan security forces should do this themselves.

Flog the bloody pastor and the imaams in the same frakking public event.. hope they all rot in their own delusional versions of hell

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This Afgan mob action just signed Islam's death warrant!

If they attacked an embassy that would be another story. Since they killed UN people this will induce a chain reaction which will empower the UN to have ultimate power and control. Religion is a danger to globalization and needs to be suppressed. Bring on the RFID chips! Laser beams from heaven will shoot down those that do no have them.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

The US is not the only country there killing people, hadn't you heard? Yeah the US is there, but they are not the only country playing there.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Whatever the reason is I'm sure the MSM is going to blame it on anything other than the "Kill Team" revelations or any actual retaliation for the killing of Afghan innocents and boys collecting wood. The burning of a Koran weeks ago by a loony preacher is a great scapegoat story.

That eye for an eye that some people call for on here works both ways. R.I.P to all innocents lost on both sides of these bull # wars.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The U.S. is currently pulling all their planes and weapons out of Libya..... due to be finished by tomorrow.... all you non U.S. citizens that think we are all evil are wrong..... I don't support us bombing Libya, and I didn't support Obama's national health care.... Both still happened. Killing people over religion is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, and thinking I am evil because I would murder those who killed these innocent people make me laugh. You do realize it is these people who would rape a woman, and then stone her to death because she had sex before marriage.... Go ahead, defend them..... make me laugh a little

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by roasted aliv3

Why does the media give such morons coverage?!!? The media and this guy must know that doing this will put our civillians and troops in more harms way as the act is provoking the extremists. Our soldiers have ir hard enough without civillians who are safe far far away deliberately provoking the enemy into commiting further attacks.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This was just plain wrong! This attack was not on a military installation, but a place for humanitarian purposes. Building schools, providing medicine and medical care, and other socially uplifting endeavors. Chances are this will go down by the wayside with time? We will hear condemnation and talks of condolences to the families affected by this attack. No one will be brought to justice, and there will be little of any retribution. This angry mob may have ruined it for everyone in Afghanistan who are in desperate need of what the UN provides to impoverished and war torn nations.

If anyone remembers, the major UN mission in Iraq was bombed and scores of people were killed. After the Canal Hotel bombing, for all practically reasons the UN effectively pulled out of Iraq, and with them their important assistance to reconstruction. We will hear of reasons for this dastardly act of barbarism, but there is no reason for this madness.

I don't want to hear about military occupations, drone attacks, atrocities, Libya or any other mishap associated with the Western involvement in Afghanistan or elsewhere around the Muslim world. There is no excuse for this what so ever, and I hope Muslim religious authorities scathingly condemn this atrocity. I suppose any infidel will do? Seeing as they had no problems making heads roll during their attack on this compound, and I think heads need to role for those responsible?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
For all the muslim-phobes who are using this as an excuse to find a soapbox for their irrational hatred of 1.5 billion people, from the article:

Afghan insurgents used mass protests against Quran burning as cover to launch an attack on the United Nations building in northern Mazar-i-Sharif city, in which at least seven foreigners were killed, the governor of Northern Balkh province said. Read more: www.calgaryherald.com...

(bold mine)
edit on 1-4-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Elizabeth Gould and Paul Fitzgerald talk about their new must-read book, Crossing Zero: The AfPak War at the Turning Point of American Empire; Greg Mitchell of The Nation blogs daily on WikiLeaks and Manning. Gould & Fitzgerald are a husband/wife journalism team, and have covered Afghanistan since the Soviet occupation of the 1980′s. Their new book is powerful and concise on the history of the “graveyard of empires”; it also details the origins of the Taliban (created in Pakistan) and the array of armed groups in AfPak that are lumped together as “Taliban” by US media and politicians. Topics include the history of democracy in Afghanistan, and a detailed recounting of the US support for the mujahaddin during the 1980′s Soviet occupation, creating some of the “blowback” seen in the current US occupation. They detail how Pakistan plays both sides, and the struggle for oil and gas that is the basis for the conflict. They explain their 8-point plan for ending the US occupation, and give direct answers to the question posed in John Niems’ song that opens the segment, “Why Are We There”. I highly recommend their book–it provides the history and context that is sorely missing from most coverage of Afghanistan and Pakistan. peterbcollins.com...-3327

I good interview with alot of history in that aera .. it is a podcast that will make you go HM must listen to....peace

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Look friend there is a lot of things you don't know by the way you're talking. Did Al Qaeda fly planes into your building? Maybe, we will never know but your country has been in that regions business for sometime. Your country armed those rebels to fight off the soviets, but the US didn't understand that the Taliban also hated Americans so arming them wasn't the best idea. But just know that America has been in that region for sometime, way before 9/11 and people were getting sick of it.

Placing all the blame on the United States, and pointing the finger at one person's country is kind of silly. Considering how many countries have been involved in this Afghan conflict.

edit on 1-4-2011 by Lubek because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
So these people are more pissed off at some book being burned, than their country being occupied for a decade and thousands of innocent civilians being bombed? Interesting.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
So these people are more pissed off at some book being burned, than their country being occupied for a decade and thousands of innocent civilians being bombed? Interesting.

No, I suspect they are pretty pissed off about that, too.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

are you f-ing new?

Mods,
we need an emoticon with copious amounts of drool, possibly a puddle.
edit on 1-4-2011 by firsttimecaller because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

You're right.
The two things are completely unrelated.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Look friend there is a lot of things you don't know by the way you're talking. Did Al Qaeda fly planes into your building? Maybe, we will never know but your country has been in that regions business for sometime. Your country armed those rebels to fight off the soviets, but the US didn't understand that the Taliban also hated Americans so arming them wasn't the best idea. But just know that America has been in that region for sometime, way before 9/11 and people were getting sick of it.

I wish people would quit saying "America armed the Taliban." We never armed the Taliban. We armed the Mujahadeen when the Soviets occupied Afghanistan. The Taliban aren't the Mujahedeen or vice verse. The Taliban were in fact a product of Pakistan after the Soviets left and America simply ignored Afghanistan. By that time...America wasn't arming anybody in Afghanistan. What was left of the Mujahedeen after the Soviets left became the Northern Alliance and the Taliban controlled the south of the country. The Northern Allaince and the Taliban hated each other. In fact..Bin Laden had the Northern Allaince leader murdered just days before 9/11 despite fighting with him during the Soviet occupation.. He had nothing left for ex Mujahadeen...he needed the Taliban in full control so that once the Americans came after 9/11 the Taliban would never give him up. Which is exactly what happened.

ONE MORE TIME...WE NEVER ARMED THE TALIBAN.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
So Afghans riot and kill UN staff, burn US flag and MSM and ATSers blame it on a Florida pastor? Looks like the western establishment warmongers are attempting to put blame on one Florida pastor of a congregation of 50 for the uprising of afghans which was most likely sparked by the recent release of those kill/trophy photos and the ongoing murders of hundreds of thousands of innocent Afghans over a 10-year illegal occupation. MSM criminal war propaganda is alive and thriving on ATS.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I wish people would quit saying "America armed the Taliban." We never armed the Taliban. We armed the Mujahadeen when the Soviets occupied Afghanistan. The Taliban aren't the Mujahedeen or vice verse. The Taliban were in fact a product of Pakistan after the Soviets left and America simply ignored Afghanistan. By that time...America wasn't arming anybody in Afghanistan. What was left of the Mujahedeen after the Soviets left became the Northern Alliance and the Taliban controlled the south of the country. The Northern Allaince and the Taliban hated each other. In fact..Bin Laden had the Northern Allaince leader murdered just days before 9/11 despite fighting with him during the Soviet occupation.. He had nothing left for ex Mujahadeen...he needed the Taliban in full control so that once the Americans came after 9/11 the Taliban would never give him up. Which is exactly what happened.

ONE MORE TIME...WE NEVER ARMED THE TALIBAN.

I agree with you. The Taliban was created by Pakistan ISI intelligence agency in 1994. We armed the Mujahedeen, the same group that goes under the name "Northern Alliance" when we invaded Afghanistan in 2001. Even if we never arm them, they will be always some group who armed them and hate the west. The Taliban has nothing to do with the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.
edit on 2-4-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Religion of peace spreading more love.
"duurrrr they burn a book" yeah so the best thing to do to prove you aren't an evil cult is to saw the heads off innocent people, well done.
Dear any Muslims on here about to 'condemn' these attacks, save it, you don't fool me.
Disgusting animals and stuff political correctness, people are getting extremely tired of bending over and making excuses.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
This is a perfect example of how evil the western powers and those who work for them are. Imagine a military from a Islamic regime occupying Canada for 10 years and murdering hundreds of thousands of Canadian civilians and finally photos get leaked of Canadian children being killed for sport by the occupiers and Canadians in a rage take to the streets and the Islamic regime’s media blames the uprising on a Muslim cleric of a small 50 member mosque in a small remote village in Syria.

People who fabricate and spread this kind of propaganda are worthless creatures who have no soul… it’s hard to believe that some have children.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join