It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coalition Plans Tax On Fresh Air To Help Improve Enviroment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Link: www.mirror.co.uk...

THE air we breathe is set to be taxed as part of a revolutionary ­Government plan to raise more money. Rural folk will have to cough up the most under the new charge – already dubbed a gasp bill – while those living in our polluted cities will be expected to pay less.

The Air Tariff Control system will assess charges in different areas of the country and every household will be liable for payments, which will be administered by local authorities and added to council tax bills.

The project, to be run by a private firm under a five-year licence, is designed to fund air quality improvement initiatives.

Great now we are going to have to pay for the air we breathe? This is getting ridiculous!

Just another way to gain money for TPTB.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LetsBringIt

Good one.

edit on 1-4-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Ahh

The Daily Mirror................ funded by the corrupt, written and edited by monkeys and read by Fecking idiots ..!!

PDUK

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

yh if this really is the case tho we definitely need to put our foot down because thats disgraceful. Taxing the air whats next sun light?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I know it's april fools day but can't we just leave the obvious ones off ATS?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

You can believe it or not I'm just reporting what i saw

edit on 1-4-2011 by LetsBringIt because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
LOL. I guess I just need to stay away from ATS today. Give all you hoaxsters time to get it out of your system. See you all tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

If it's not happening now, it will be soon. 'Tis how our world works - first, global corporations destroy air, water and soil for profit; then, they "sanitize" it, and sell it back to us bagged and bottled, also for profit.

One senior air technician at the Environment Agency said: “Air is natural but, just like water, it is a finite resource that we have to manage sensibly. Water quality and supply improved with privatisation and there is no reason why this should not have the same impact on air. The aim is to allow everyone to enjoy high-quality breathing air.”

...Special plants will later be built to capture clean air and regulate its flow around the country, monitored by tracking devices being developed at Ayr University.

top topics

join