It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Earthquake/Tsunami being Engineered for the UK and aimed at Sellafield Nuclear Plant

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jameshawkings

I see in one of the reference to injecting sea water in this process. Sea water is a fluid and I wonder whether standing waves could be created in that fluid to give rise to ELF waves. ELF waves have large wavelengths which can pass great distances around the earth with little degredation, and which can be focussed in a particular direction. there is experimental evidence ELF waves can create earthquakes. Tesla new all about how ELF waves could be used to control earthly events.

Incidentally, perhaps its my imagination but there appear to be certain people on these type of threads who always come on to discredit the idea of earthquakes or any other event being used as part of a weapon by the "Powers that be". I'm beginning to wonder whether those people are in on the conspiracy - well I'm keeping a beady eye on those usual suspects and perhaps one day I may start a topic on how the "Powers that be" use their lackies to discredit any conspiracy ideas on ATS that come close to the mark.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Yet UK authorities recently conducted earthquake drills

in preparation for a scale 8 quake

For a WHAT??? We aren't on a fault line. 8.0 NEVER happens here!

WHAT do they know ?

WHAT have they planned ?

For an 8.0!!?!?!?... WHAT??!?!
SCARY!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Uranium plants close to the Blackpool area, are the Heysham 1 and Heysham 2, both of the advanced gas-cooled reactor (AGR) type, with two reactors each, as well as the Sellafield (formerly known as Windscale) facility, which does not have a very good safety record.

Oh and not forgetting the Springfields uranium conversion plant at Springfields near Preston also not far away even though a little inland. There are some VERY LARGE stockpiles of depleted Uranium in this area that is going to be VERY expensive to get rid of.

Just a shame no one on the planet knows how to get rid of it safely.

It would not be good if a Tsunami occurred in this area that's for sure. Mind you washing it out to sea would save untold BILLIONS for some of those big city boys in London.

This from wise-uranium.org:

On Feb. 7, 2011, the UK Department of Energy and Climate Change launched a public consultation on the management of the country's plutonium stocks.

The government's "preliminary policy view" is that the use in MOX fuel is the preferred option. This would require the construction of a new MOX fuel plant, as the existing plant is almost dysfunctional.

Recently land at Millom in Cumbria was purchased as a site for a new Nuclear power station. Millom, (midway between Heysham and Sellafield) is perched on the edge of the Duddon estuary in a very exposed position and is only a few meters above sea level.

It would be a 'No brainer' to NOT build one here, but that appears to be the plan.

If there was even a MINISCULE chance of this drilling activity causing earth tremors then it should cease immediately until such time that those people who may be affected are properly informed of the risk.

Of course, our Government does not do 'Properly informed' if Billions are involved.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum

I've aready explained this several times

Our British teams are amongst the best in the world. We organise some of the best training exercises in the world. We save lives all over the world.

And people like you cower under tinfoil hats because if it.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Are you stupid or just pretending to be?

Actually, I've just realised, it's April 1st ........ I've been done, haven't I?

Well done guys. You got me!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by Dock9

Actually, I've just realised, it's April 1st

Happy Birthday for all the trolls around the world!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
And as this is the Fragile Earth forum - intended for more serious rather than purely conjectual - discussion, I think we really do need to call jameshawkings out and ask him for actual evidence to support his contention that someone is planing a major earthquake off the Cumbrian coast.

As far as I can determine he's made it all up?

Otherwise move it to Skunkworks.

Best check back to the original post Essan, I know there's a lot to read but it's all there with sources

I understand you are emotional about this, but once you've calmed down you'll be able to look at the evidence more clearly

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Good reply Dock9, you are clearly knowledgeable on this

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Now that this has been posted, it makes it that bit more difficult to get away with

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
What a load of crap, so if anyone disagrees with a persons post we have to be suspicious of them, no matter how ill thought out the original post is? That's just as bad as saying anyone who disagrees with the government is a traitor, both of which are totally ridiculous statements.

people here make posts and and everyone jumps on the band wagon, there have always been minor earthquakes in the UK

Blackpool 2008

Blackpool 2009

Just to be accurate - that 2009 earthquake had its epicenter in Cumbria, but was felt in Blackpool.

I was born and raised in Blackpool, but left in 2007. All I can say is in 25 years living there I never felt a single quake or tremor (I wish I did). So, either I can sleep through anything or this is a recent phenomena in the area.

FOXMULDER147, It's great to hear the experience of a Blackpool local

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD
Sellafield reactors have been known to be unprotected against quakes since the 70's. Its only recently dampeners have been places around the core to absorb any P-Waves from threatening the interior structure. However all of the UK is criss-crossed by ancient faults and subglacial quakes which can occur anywhere along our landmass.
So far Sellafield has recently been hit by 2 localised quakes and a major quake from afar and done well. That's not to say though that any of Lake District faults may rupture a event +6 on the scale.

RUDDD, Thanks for the background on Sellafield and Earthquakes, much appreciated

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You mean Windscale - Windscale was the name that they erased renaming it Sellafield - Why - Cos there was a "liitle accident there" and they renamed it cos they did not want its association in peoples minds.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusthestuntbum
Are you [SNIP]ing serious?!?!?

I'm in Cleveleys, UK (4-5 miles north of Blackpool, in Wyre, very close to Singleton, which is just over the River Wyre from Thornton, the other half of the small town Thornton-Cleveleys), I live metres from the shoreline, under sea level, protected by just a sea wall.

A study of seismic activity near Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport by researchers from SMU and UT-Austin reveals that the operation of a saltwater injection disposal well in the area was a "plausible cause" for the series of small earthquakes that occurred in the area between October 30, 2008, and May 16, 2009.

We aren't on a fault line, but neither is Manchester (my real hometown), and they get quakes without this fracking bull[SNIP]

After the Japan Tsunami David Cameron defended Nuclear Energy plans

The UK is not prone to serious earthquakes and nor are we subject to regular tsunamis.

David Cameron is of course right that the UK isn't prone to earthquakes, but in which case why the recent Earthquake drills in the UK? A lot of money is being spent on these

No, it "isn't", see my post above, because Manchester DOES get them pretty regularly.

This is crazy, as I'm writing this post now, I was just looking for a link to give you and I've just discovered that there was an Earthquake in Blackpool today Small earthquake hits Blackpool The epicentre was in the sea, practising for a Tsunami?

Yep, heard a bit of a rumble, felt a bit of a shake, but it was pretty weak.

Where could they hit with a Tsunami from that area to cause damage? Sellafield! www.no2nuclearpower.org.uk... If you're someone who doesn't know the UK well, first look for Liverpool and Manchester, then move up along the coast and you'll see Blackpool, you'll then see a nuclear power station not far above.

Look closer. Heysham Power Plant, literally across the bay from the north fylde! Cleaner than Sellafield, mind (google pool 32!)

WOW, OP, just WOW, S&F, and a FRICKING STRONGLY worded letter to the MP round here!

Thanks a lot for sharing this information rufusthestuntbum, I didn't know about Heysham Nuclear Power Plant, like you say this is even closer, which is even more dangerous. More of a concern! The greater the number of nuclear power plants that are near by the Tsunami, the more chance of melt down, like 10 pin bowling, the more pins there the better your chance of hitting one. I have researched the history of the Japanese nuclear power plants, and people told them not to build there, warned it was madness, it appears to have been some kind of outside tentacle that ensured they were built there all together on a fault line. Like building a self-destruct button that's waiting to be pressed.

That's great to hear you'll be writing to your MP, I wish more people would do that same. I did that with the Swine Flu vaccine after I researched that it had Polysorbate 80 in which is known to damage developing ovaries; obviously the true reason behind the injections.

If you get a chance please do let us know what your MP says

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
You mean Windscale - Windscale was the name that they erased renaming it Sellafield - Why - Cos there was a "liitle accident there" and they renamed it cos they did not want its association in peoples minds.

I remember reading about that, it's a bit like how they are going to rename Aspartame. It's all a con!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Government records altered in cover-up

Winds over Windscale 1957:
Changing the name to Sellafield was not the only rewrite

The 1957 reactor fire at Windscale was possibly the most serious nuclear accident to occur outside the Soviet Union. Large amounts of assorted radio-isotopes were released. Where did they go, and who was affected?

The fire began at midnight on 9th October and was finally brought under control on the 12th. Radioactivity in the plume from the later part of the event was tracked south east across England and into Europe.

BLA BLA BLA Nucluer Power

Gas is found in enormous cavities under the sea bed - the pressure of the gas stops the chambers from collapsing in and causing Earthquake - when emptied - Oh dear no pressure - CAVERN COLLAPSES
perhaps we could plug upthe caverns with the global elite and their lackies
edit on 1-4-2011 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
reply to post by Dock9

Dock8 your post is really just confusing...

Because there have always been earthquakes in Japan we should be suspicious of an earthquake in Japan
Because there was an earthquake in Newcastle Australia we should be suspicious of an Earthquake in Newcastle

Really it doesn't make sense, perhaps that there have always been EQ's in Japan and Aus there will always be MORE EQ's there, perhaps just perhaps the were natural disasters, not everything is a conspiracy.

If you want to look at conspiracy, look at how everyone rights are being eroded, look at how the banks have killed the monetary system, look at 9/11, look at the link between the military, the banks and the government, maybe look at the possibility that HIV was manufactured along with H1N1, there are thousands of things to look at.

But there being earthquakes in places where earthquakes normally happen to me is not a good place to start, geomagnetic activity, solar flares, even mythical planets causing more is reasonable to me than shale drilling to cause a tsunami on NW uk. Earthquakes in earthquakes zones are just that natural earthquakes

PrinceDreamer,

I can see that you know a lot about the other conspiracies, which is great to see! There's a lot of interesting information out there on HAARP, documentaries etc. Just because something occurs naturally doesn't mean that it can't be harnessed and used against us as a covert weapon. Even in the 1940s there are documents that have since been released showing that man was confident of triggering an earthquake to attack Japan. It's 2011 now

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jameshawkings

I remember reading about that, it's a bit like how they are going to rename Aspartame. It's all a con!

You got it - Did you know they put radio active isotopes in drinking water in some USA STATES - Oh well they must know what they are doing right - and we should all STFU

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The 1957 reactor fire at Windscale was possibly the most serious nuclear accident to occur outside the Soviet Union. Large amounts of assorted radio-isotopes were released. Where did they go, and who was affected?

I hadn't appreciated it was the most serious outside of the Soviet Union

Gas is found in enormous cavities under the sea bed - the pressure of the gas stops the chambers from collapsing in and causing Earthquake - when emptied - Oh dear no pressure - CAVERN COLLAPSES
perhaps we could plug upthe caverns with the global elite and their lackies
edit on 1-4-2011 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

When you put it that way it seems obvious! Can't argue with that

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jameshawkings

You got it - Did you know they put radio active isotopes in drinking water in some USA STATES - Oh well they must know what they are doing right - and we should all STFU

I have never heard about that isotopes, something to put on my research list, thanks

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Only 11 people since the year 974ad have been killed by earthquakes in the uk?, Wow all i can say is thats quite a statistic, it does make you speculate about the drills. Can i just say, i dont have a head for science, but this thread has been dead interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join