It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Earthquake/Tsunami being Engineered for the UK and aimed at Sellafield Nuclear Plant

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
And as this is the Fragile Earth forum - intended for more serious rather than purely conjectual - discussion, I think we really do need to call jameshawkings out and ask him for actual evidence to support his contention that someone is planing a major earthquake off the Cumbrian coast.

As far as I can determine he's made it all up?

Otherwise move it to Skunkworks.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk
Wahhhhh my home town! I dont care though, Blackpool's a cesspit and needs wiping out

Blackpool actually suffered a 2.2 earthquake today - hardly big news, i've made more of a rumble fallin down the stairs

You're right on the money with that

But, seriously, over Wyre, and most of the Wyre towns, like Cleveleys, Thornton and Poulton are amazing, take it from me, I've spent most of my life in the city, it is beautiful. You live here, so you've heard about Cantaxx proposing similar projects up in Fleetwood, and the pubic outcry about that. I went on the campaign trail last year with the Lib-Dems, and regardless of your political viewpoint, I get almost daily emails from them about local issues, NOTHING about this! The constituency covers FY1, 2, 5 and 6, VERY close to singleton... and you are left wondering WTF at the the end of the day...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

No, this thread, DOESN'T go to the skunkworks, my thread below yours DOES point to some sort of conspiracy, as, myself, as a local, have to log on to a website based in Texas to know anything at all about this! What do you want? Do you want screenshots of my email account from 1/1/2010 and all the contents of every last political email to support it? Believe me, THAT in itself is the conspiracy here, THAT is why I'm angry about this... Believe it or not, I generally fricking SUPPORT the NWO!!!!

Edit to note... I'm sorry if you read this as me being angry at you, Essan, I'm not. I'm just angry at that PRICK Paul Maynard MP, HE should have told us, HE should have opposed it and fought against it in the commons!
edit on 1-4-2011 by rufusthestuntbum because: edit to note

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

And besides, is it RIGHT to dig for fossil fuels anyway?
That's some serious discussion in itself....

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Actually, I suspect a lot goes straight over your head

Not much anyone can do to help, I'm afraid

As for your posting the earthquake drills in the UK -- I don't recall that anyone denied there were drills in the UK, did they ?

Next: for how LONG have they been conducting drills in the UK ?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9

Next: for how LONG have they been conducting drills in the UK ?

Quite a few years. It's an annual event, anyway, organised by Hampshire F&RS and probably the biggest in Europe. As a result I'm sure many hundreds have been saved over the years, around the world. Just one little thing to be proud of. IMO.

Edit: they're not drills, they are training exercises involving teams not only from Britain but many other countries, all of whom frequently have to work together in extreme and difficult situations.
edit on 1-4-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jameshawkings

wow

I really can't debate against made up stuff which belongs in the fantasy realm!

You just killed what little credibility you had in that post, congratulations

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Now for something both pertinent and extremely interesting:

THIS: z10.invisionfree.com...

Just take a look at the massive expense outlayed during the conducting of this UK earthquake drill

Lots of photos

No expense spared

And when you scroll down, you discover that the last big quake to occur in the UK was in the 1500's ! And two people died !

The epicentre was in the Channel region

So WHY is the UK conducting major earthquake drills involving faux bodies -- demolition of cars and caravans -- blowing up buildings to simulate quake damage etc ????

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Read my posts will you?

It's an annual, international training exercise for teams that have recently been involved saving lives in Christchurch and Japan.

(Fort Widley is to rescue what Sennybridge and Salisbury Plain are to the army
)
edit on 1-4-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Emergency crews from across Europe and the Middle East are taking part in a major exercise simulating an earthquake hitting a fictional British town

Training so that if an earthquake occurs emergency crews from across Europe and the Middle East are trained to deal with such an event.

Because it was staged in UK does not mean it's going to happen in UK but it means that people are trained to deal with such scenarios. I could also imagine the trained UK crews going overseas to assist in a disaster because they have the training.

It's a good thing, it's bringing nations together to assist each other in times of crisis, why do you all hate unity in mankind ?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
z10.invisionfree.com...

Last UK earthquake to take lives was in the 1500s -- yet they're holding elaborate drills as shown above

and claiming it's to train fire and rescue teams as were deployed to Japan and Christchurch ?

Great they're prepared and great they're helping other nations

But doesn't it look as if they are preparing for a big one in the UK

and are using the overseas quakes to gain both knowledge and experience

ALL based on a quake in the 1500s which took 2 lives ?

Tried to post a selection of photos to illustrate the extent of the simulation used in the UK drills, but for some reason the photos didn't post successfully

To see them, go here:

z10.invisionfree.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Last UK earthquake to take lives was in the 1500s -- yet they're holding elaborate drills as shown above

and claiming it's to train fire and rescue teams as were deployed to Japan and Christchurch ?

Why is this so hard to believe for you?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum

I actually moved down to St Annes so i'm nearer the nice Lytham side now

I know that St Annes has always been in danger of losing its coastline due to rising waters - strange for a conspiracy to hit around the blackpool area though, nothin like that ever goes on around here!

Meh, bring on the apocalypse, I dont like my job anyway

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Depends how you look at it

Where would you rather they train ? They have to train somewhere and I'd imagine with your mindset no matter where they train you'd come up with a far fetched idea that they're preparing for a massive quake to hit whatever area they've trained in.

Let me pose you this question, if you lived in a city which was hit by a quake and you or your family got trapped in a building, would you rather Emergency services with training or no training ?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jameshawkings

We don't need to suffer an earthquake in the UK or anywhere near it to be hit by a tsunami.

Experts have been going on for decades about how a large portion of land from the Canary Islands falling into the sea would cause a 'mega tsunami' that would hit the UK and cause major calamity here.

Or any of your common or garden deep seabed quakes, if large enough would have the same effect.

If countries insist on building more nuclear reactors, the best, most *sensible* course of action (not the cheapest option though) would be to construct all of our Nuclear power stations on the sea bed itself.

It would be unaffected by any tsunami, mega or otherwise.

If it did breach due to a quake or failure, there would be millions of tonnes of water right on top of them to quench the fuel rods.

Better yet, build thorium fast breeder reactors...*MUCH* safer than what we have now, and *MUCH* more efficient, and minimal waste and radiation is produced (it eats it's own waste)

If they go ahead with their plans to build 10 conventional reactors, they're barking bloody mad. And so must we be, for allowing them to do it.

Coal is plentiful. There is enough coal to power the world for about 2000 years plus or minus a century or two.
Clean burn technology has come on leaps and bounds in the last 10 years or so, so now coal is actually a fairly (not completely) clean fuel these days if done right. *NOT* as dangerous as a nuclear reactor, regardless of clean burn technology or not either!
edit on 1/4/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Seems we are not the first to suggest something's afoot

POLICE have been sent on a training course to prepare for a massive earthquake, it emerged last night.

The three-day exercise, involving hundreds of staff from four forces, cost almost £1million.

Yet over the past 1,036 years since records began in 974 only 11 people are known to have been killed by earthquakes in Britain. And the last one of any size was nearly 80 years ago.

Officers from Hampshire, Hertfordshire and Merseyside took part in the bizarre exercise this week to plan for a tremor measuring 8 on the Richter scale. Mock disaster scenes included burning cars and collapsed buildings and more than 600 actors and amputees were employed to pose as injured victims.

The biggest quake ever to hit the UK – at Dogger Bank in 1931 – measured just 6.1 and caused only one fatality, a woman in Hull who had a heart attack.

www.express.co.uk... ng-for-policeEarthquake-training-for-policeEarthquake-training-for-policeEarthquake-training-for-policeEarthquake-training-for-policeEarthquake-traini ng-for-policeEarthquake-training-for-policeEarthquake-training-for-policeEarthquake-training-for-policeEarthquake-training-for-policeEarthquake-traini ng-for-policeEarthquake-training-for-policeEarthquake-training-for-policeEarthquake-training-for-policeEarthquake-training-for-policeEarthquake-traini ng-for-policeEarthquake-training-for-policeEarthquake-training-for-police

The word ' Over kill ' comes to mind

Unless they know something we won't know until it happens

And how could they know that, based on the stats above ?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jameshawkings

This is crazy, as I'm writing this post now, I was just looking for a link to give you and I've just discovered that there was an Earthquake in Blackpool today Small earthquake hits Blackpool The epicentre was in the sea, practising for a Tsunami?

Actually the eipcentre was not out at sea ... please see official BGS website at >>>>> www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk...

and check out the PDf which clearly shows the quake was inland. >>>> www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk...

I think you are well off with the tsunami approach to this thread, but should really concentrate more on the Fracking. Having followed the Fracking Arkansas thread from the start >>>> www.abovetopsecret.com... (super large thread)
you can learn a HELL of a lot in there about how the fracking process appears to have created lots of small quake swarms. Now we have to watch Lancashire very closely now to see if this fracking process does the same thing. Kind of coincidental some may say, that when the fracking stars, so does the quake.

Good thread though and one I will be following.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
In the Express newspaper article above

the UK quake training

is described as ' bizarre '

Yet over the past 1,036 years since records began in 974 only 11 people are known to have been killed by earthquakes in Britain

Eleven (that's 11) people killed in the UK by earthquakes in the past 1,036 years

Now check the photos of the ' bizarre ', over the top earthquake drill in preparation for what .... ?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimbowsk

Meh indeed! I would give my left arm to move back to Manchester. Just need a deposit, like that will happen around here. Not surprised you hate your job either, I hate mine too. I LOVE my colleagues, but hate the job, no prospects around here, unless you're in the DWP/HMRC or AI Claims, all of which are here because 14k is actually a really good wage by Fylde standards.

But, back on topic, you remember Cantaxx, right? Do you not wonder why the public weren't told about this, to me it's pretty obvious!!

PS Paul Maynard is an ass, at least Joan Humble seemed to give a [SNIP]!
edit on 1-4-2011 by rufusthestuntbum because: speling n grammor duh!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
So, according to official records

on average ONE PERSON PER CENTURY

has died in the UK as result of earthquakes

Yet UK authorities recently conducted earthquake drills

in preparation for a scale 8 quake

and in addition to Chinook helicopters and demolished cars, buildings, caravans, etc.

they ALSO employed 600 actors and amputees !

WHAT do they know ?

WHAT have they planned ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join