It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Earthquake/Tsunami being Engineered for the UK and aimed at Sellafield Nuclear Plant

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Unfortunately, by linking it to a fantasy about massive tsunamis destroying British nuclear facilities, the OP has damaged the credibility of anyone concerned about shale oil operations - which includes me (though not through any fears about it causing an earthquake).

Essan,

This is the reason why it will be difficult for you to have an unbiased opinion. Your credibility is being damaged by this thread, so you will automatically oppose it. I understand that makes it difficult for you as you are too close to the subject

However, it would help your opposition if you could focus on the topic though rather than talking about your damaged credibility and pretending that the UK has been having huge earthquake drills for many years

edit on 1-4-2011 by jameshawkings because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

What a load of crap, so if anyone disagrees with a persons post we have to be suspicious of them, no matter how ill thought out the original post is? That's just as bad as saying anyone who disagrees with the government is a traitor, both of which are totally ridiculous statements.

people here make posts and and everyone jumps on the band wagon, there have always been minor earthquakes in the UK

Blackpool 2008

Blackpool 2009

I really can't be bothered doing any more critical thinking for you, about time you did some for yourself... Shale drilling in Blackpool does not equate to the PTB trying to cause a tsunami to wipe out a nuclear reactor. The area is known for being abundant for natural gas, therefore it is no surprise they are drilling for gas there.

There are many government conspiracies that seem feasible, even likely, this is not one of them. At least not to me

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
reply to post by Dock9

Blackpool 2008

Blackpool 2009

Before they could create a big earthquake in Blackpool they would have to first practice. Thanks for the two links to previous recent earthquakes there

the country's biggest earthquake for nearly 25 years

To create a big one in the UK they will have to use a combination of techniques, of which Shale drilling will be one. Combined with HAARP and whatever else they use, maybe they can surprise us. It is dangerous to underestimate the technologies available to elite, afterall, this is 2011. The most important military techniques are the ones they don't tell us about.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Your post's excessively emotional and abusive tone

has demolished whatever credibility you might have hoped for

You know what they say .... ' Anger is disappointed-hope '

The fact you're so angry with those who support the OP

implies that you must have hoped the OP's theories would find no support --- which in itself, is very interesting

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Oh god, this is twisting facts to fit theories. Are you really that gullible? there have been continuous earth quakes in the UK for as long as earthquakes have been measured.. read here...

Seismicity and earthquake hazard in the UK

Please get a grip of your imagination, this is exactly why any CT is never taken seriously, because peole twist things and then if all falls down under scrutiny, meaning the real facts are always ignored and tarred with the same brush.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9

That's a great phrase!
edit on 1-4-2011 by jameshawkings because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Wahhhhh my home town! I dont care though, Blackpool's a cesspit and needs wiping out

Blackpool actually suffered a 2.2 earthquake today - hardly big news, i've made more of a rumble fallin down the stairs

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Oh god, this is twisting facts to fit theories. Are you really that gullible? there have been continuous earth quakes in the UK for as long as earthquakes have been measured.. read here...

Seismicity and earthquake hazard in the UK

PrinceDreamer,

I live in the UK and have experienced earthquakes here, so I am aware that they do happen naturally too.

Car crashes can happen with no intent and they can also be used for assassinations. Not all car crashes are assassinations, there is a mix, in fact very few are assassinations. It's now the same with Earthquakes, they are a covert weapon but they can also occur naturally

We have to be careful in life about painting everything black or white, then there is the danger that we over simply until the model is no longer accurate

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jameshawkings

Earthquakes are not tsunami's

Do you and the op even know how a tsunami is formed ?

The shallow gradient of the coastlines in the North West are not the type which could "slip" and cause a Tsunami.

The only way a Tsunami could occur is if a rock from space crashed into the Irish Sea!

At worst all this drilling would do is cause subsidance and possible sink holes within the area but definately not a Tsunami.

And I know the area very very well seeing as though I've lived there the best part of 28 years and still go back during University holidays!

Science and education is your friend, do not hate it

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9

Your post's excessively emotional and abusive tone

has demolished whatever credibility you might have hoped for

The fact you're so angry with those who support the OP

implies that you must have hoped the OP's theories would find no support --- which in itself, is very interesting

You could say that, or you could say that I had responded with reasoned thought and backed by empirical evidence and all you have done to support the theory is to portray anyone who doubts the OP as suspicious and character attacked them whilst providing no supporting evidence... This would indicate you have no supporting evidence and avoiding any reasoned thought or argument against you and the OP

Put it another way, you provide me any incontrovertible evidence that shale drilling will cause EQ's
Show me any evidence there has been an increase in seismic activity since shale drilling and exploration in Balckpool started
Show me any evidence that drilling inland in Blackpool would cause a tsunami in the NW of England (by the way an earthquake in the NW of the UK could only send a Tsunami westwards towards Ireland)

You have NO evidence to support your claims or to back the OP original claims. All you can do is personally attack me, and that does not give any credence to your argument

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

all you have done to support the theory is to portray anyone who doubts the OP as suspicious and character attacked them whilst providing no supporting evidence... This would indicate you have no supporting evidence and avoiding any reasoned thought or argument against you and the OP

You might not have been aware that there are certain people who are very well known here, there is a pattern to their behaviour which is also well known. The comments earlier on weren't about you, I'm not allowed to post names

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This one's a REAL stretch ....

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I agree there are many things our government and others do that are not right, I am very open to the idea of an elite group manipulating things, bringing about a NWO, I can even believe in the eugenics side of things too, but I still use reasoned argument to any theory, I try to use logic and wont just accept any theory as proof without the appliance of logic or reasoned thought.

The theory here does not stand up to scrutiny in my opinion, there are to many flaws, but I do resent people who claim disagreeing or questioning things automatically makes them suspicious, and then saying "oh look they don't like being called suspicious" "they must have a hidden agenda" its a crass and unreasoned argument and just used to try and prove a point when they have little if any evidence.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

Earthquakes are not tsunami's

Do you and the op even know how a tsunami is formed ?

The shallow gradient of the coastlines in the North West are not the type which could "slip" and cause a Tsunami.

The only way a Tsunami could occur is if a rock from space crashed into the Irish Sea!

At worst all this drilling would do is cause subsidance and possible sink holes within the area but definately not a Tsunami.

And I know the area very very well seeing as though I've lived there the best part of 28 years and still go back during University holidays!

Science and education is your friend, do not hate it

Discotech,

Science can be useful, but it can also be abused. It's more important to see the big picture, that way it's easier to see what's really going on. I could look at one piece of science claiming that a vaccine will protect an African from Polio, but it doesn't mean that the true agenda isn't to sterilise the women there with an agent inside the vaccine.

This disccussion isn't about nature. If you look at what these people have done, at what they are capable of doing. This is not mother nature. These are weapons. The normal rules don't count with this. If I had said before 911 "Plance will fly into the towers and the towers will collapse", people would have said "Don't be ridiculous, steel buildings don't collapse due to fire". In did have someone say that to me when I told them the towers had collapsed, they said the information one most certainly incorrect. Of course, you will know like everyone else around here about the controlled demoltions.

This is exactly what I'm saying, the normal rules don't apply here. They could put explosives down there or a nuke, and pretend it was the earthquake that caused it. We need to look at recent historical events to realise what the Elite are capable of.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

there have been continuous earth quakes in the UK for as long as earthquakes have been measured

There have been continuous earthquakes in Japan for quite a spell, too
Does that mean the 'land slip' and tsunami shouldn't have happened ?

Oh, but it did, allegedly
Who gains is the only issue

Who gains ?

And who'd gain if an 'unprecedented subterranean subsidance ' resulted in a crippled Sellafield ?

So easy to 'explain' after the fact. The programmed-to-fear masses will buy almost anything these days, won't they ?

For example, some years ago, there was an earthquake in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia

en.wikipedia.org...

In early 2007 a United States academic claimed that coal mining in the region triggered the earthquake, although earthquake activity has been present in the area at least since white settlement first occurred.[2][4] This is in addition to reports by the former head of Geosciences Australia's earthquake monitoring group, Dr David Denholm, who stated that the Newcastle earthquake was some distance from mining activity:

"The depths of the focus of the earthquake was about 13, 14 kilometres, whereas the ones associated with mining, they're actually right close to the mine, because that's where the stress release takes place".

Wonder what that what all about, huh ? Close to 20 years after the event the United States took it upon itself to contradict the head of Australia's Geoscience re: the cause of the earthquake

We'll never know, will we ?

Just as most are unaware that during that same period (decades ago) the United States forced (according to reports) the Phillipines to host a nuclear reactor. And if memory serves, the United States granted itself the contract to construct it. Only to find that the reactor had been constructed on a rumbling volcano. This rendered the nuclear reactor unusable of course. But the report did go on to say that the Phillipino government was compelled to pay millions of dollars per month to the United States contractors in interest alone. For of course the Phillipines had been forced to take out a loan to pay for the nuclear facility they were forced to buy. Interesting, isn't it ?
But back to Newcastle. Some believe it was used as a form of ' persuasion ' by the United States of Israel against the much smaller, less powerful Australian government

Or, it may be that back in 1989 when the Newcastle earthquake occurred, they didn't quite have the level of expertise with HAARP and associated technology as they have today. Who knows -- Newcastle is only 167 kilometres from Sydney goaustralia.about.com...

Strange sort of earthquake, too, all considered.

The 1989 Newcastle earthquake was a Richter magnitude 5.6 earthquake that occurred in Newcastle, New South Wales on 28 December 1989, at 10:27 am.[1] It was one of Australia's most serious natural disasters, killing 13 people and injuring more than 160. The damage bill has been estimated at A$4 billion (including an insured loss of about $1 billion).[1] The Newcastle earthquake was the first Australian earthquake in recorded history to claim human lives.[2][3]

The effects were felt over an area of around 200,000 square kilometres (77,220 sq mi) in the state of New South Wales, with isolated reports of movement in areas up to 800 kilometres (497 mi) from Newcastle.[1] Damage to buildings and facilities was reported over an area of 9,000 km2 (3,475 sq mi)

and ALL THAT caused ---- according to ' United States academic' --- by coal mining

Which would seem to support the OP's theory that shale drilling off the coast of Blackpool may well be responsible for the recent and much smaller quake experienced by Blackpool

Certainly worth keeping an eye on, anyway. And of course --- we will

edit on 1-4-2011 by Dock9 because: bit of general tidying up

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

What a load of crap, so if anyone disagrees with a persons post we have to be suspicious of them, no matter how ill thought out the original post is? That's just as bad as saying anyone who disagrees with the government is a traitor, both of which are totally ridiculous statements.

people here make posts and and everyone jumps on the band wagon, there have always been minor earthquakes in the UK

Blackpool 2008

Blackpool 2009

Just to be accurate - that 2009 earthquake had its epicenter in Cumbria, but was felt in Blackpool.

I was born and raised in Blackpool, but left in 2007. All I can say is in 25 years living there I never felt a single quake or tremor (I wish I did). So, either I can sleep through anything or this is a recent phenomena in the area.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Sellafield reactors have been known to be unprotected against quakes since the 70's. Its only recently dampeners have been places around the core to absorb any P-Waves from threatening the interior structure. However all of the UK is criss-crossed by ancient faults and subglacial quakes which can occur anywhere along our landmass.
So far Sellafield has recently been hit by 2 localised quakes and a major quake from afar and done well. That's not to say though that any of Lake District faults may rupture a event +6 on the scale.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Are you [SNIP]ing serious?!?!?

I'm in Cleveleys, UK (4-5 miles north of Blackpool, in Wyre, very close to Singleton, which is just over the River Wyre from Thornton, the other half of the small town Thornton-Cleveleys), I live metres from the shoreline, under sea level, protected by just a sea wall.

A study of seismic activity near Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport by researchers from SMU and UT-Austin reveals that the operation of a saltwater injection disposal well in the area was a "plausible cause" for the series of small earthquakes that occurred in the area between October 30, 2008, and May 16, 2009.

We aren't on a fault line, but neither is Manchester (my real hometown), and they get quakes without this fracking bull[SNIP]

After the Japan Tsunami David Cameron defended Nuclear Energy plans

The UK is not prone to serious earthquakes and nor are we subject to regular tsunamis.

David Cameron is of course right that the UK isn't prone to earthquakes, but in which case why the recent Earthquake drills in the UK? A lot of money is being spent on these

No, it "isn't", see my post above, because Manchester DOES get them pretty regularly.

This is crazy, as I'm writing this post now, I was just looking for a link to give you and I've just discovered that there was an Earthquake in Blackpool today Small earthquake hits Blackpool The epicentre was in the sea, practising for a Tsunami?

Yep, heard a bit of a rumble, felt a bit of a shake, but it was pretty weak.

Where could they hit with a Tsunami from that area to cause damage? Sellafield! www.no2nuclearpower.org.uk... If you're someone who doesn't know the UK well, first look for Liverpool and Manchester, then move up along the coast and you'll see Blackpool, you'll then see a nuclear power station not far above.

Look closer. Heysham Power Plant, literally across the bay from the north fylde! Cleaner than Sellafield, mind (google pool 32!)

WOW, OP, just WOW, S&F, and a FRICKING STRONGLY worded letter to the MP round here!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jameshawkings

Originally posted by Essan

These training sessions have been taking place annually for years. It's why our teams have been so effective in places like Christchurch and Japan

Sources please

This is the UK, we certainly haven't had Earthquake drills like this before www.dailyexpress.co.uk...

On the contrary - they take place every year

You may care to see what I wrote at the time

And also note:

www.hantsfire.gov.uk...

Looks like an annual event to me

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Dock8 your post is really just confusing...

Because there have always been earthquakes in Japan we should be suspicious of an earthquake in Japan
Because there was an earthquake in Newcastle Australia we should be suspicious of an Earthquake in Newcastle

Really it doesn't make sense, perhaps that there have always been EQ's in Japan and Aus there will always be MORE EQ's there, perhaps just perhaps the were natural disasters, not everything is a conspiracy.

If you want to look at conspiracy, look at how everyone rights are being eroded, look at how the banks have killed the monetary system, look at 9/11, look at the link between the military, the banks and the government, maybe look at the possibility that HIV was manufactured along with H1N1, there are thousands of things to look at.

But there being earthquakes in places where earthquakes normally happen to me is not a good place to start, geomagnetic activity, solar flares, even mythical planets causing more is reasonable to me than shale drilling to cause a tsunami on NW uk. Earthquakes in earthquakes zones are just that natural earthquakes

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join