It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name ATS members baby - just a bit of fun... the kookier the better

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

The Dude! That's got my vote. Again, not hers! Maybe she'll like 'lebowski'... though I doubt it! Love it!

reply to post by iksose7

I had 3 rats named Marley, Dylan and Floyd and 'apparently' I'm not allowed to name him after my former rodents
Thanks though!

reply to post by ReRun

I like that... more of a girls name Nova, reminds me of Heather Nova but great thinking nonetheless!!

reply to post by LargeFries

Thank you for your kind words. I agree with what you're saying. I ruled out Deacon because it's too easy to shorten to something else, much as with many names though. I like Gael (as in Gael Garcia Bernal) but again the obvious taunts are there. I love Io, just a shame we can't use it for a boy (Io = priestess of hera, nymph who seduced Zeus who turned her into a heifer... and ofc, the innermost moon of Jupiter and most active volcanic body in our solar system - probably room for ridicule there too, but less so) and though it's different it's not quite in the realm of silly... that's what we're aiming for ... fairly unique but not crazy enough to entice resentment in later life!!

reply to post by Crakeur

Nice try... I do like Floogin McNoogin though. You think he'll get flack for that? :p

reply to post by innervision0730

Arwin is Welsh I would think... my partners dad's Welsh so perhaps.. I like it anyway.

Valdez too that's pretty unusual... where did you see that one?

The girls names were both in my final ten for a girl!! Great minds think alike

Thanks all for your input... it's surprisingly hard to choose a boys name... I love so many girls names but I can't even think of one name I'd like to be called myself (aside from my own name - which I would trade if the offer arose!)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

After 'Dogma' I always swore I'd name my first son Loki... when I told the Mrs. that he was the Angel of Death she went a little cold on the idea... well, a little cold on me too. You've given us food for thought with some of the others too! Thanks so much!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Quasar
Pulsar
Blue
Skye
Chaos
Einstein
Planet
Kelvin

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

ReRun, do you recall the old Chevrolet Nova?

Yes , I do . I had a '62 and a '69 , both sweet rides . *sigh* those were the days my friend , we thought they'd never end ...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Argenbright.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

I think BabySmartypants ....in honor of me.
Of course as he grows we will have to tweak it periodically......ToddlerSmartypants ...SnotnosedkidSmartypants...and so on.
edit on 4/1/2011 by MissSmartypants because: spelling

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0
Nice try... I do like Floogin McNoogin though. You think he'll get flack for that? :p

dunno, why don't you ask him?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I forgot about this thread

Thank you for all the suggestions. We had a healthy baby boy delivered last week and named him Corbin. Not quite the sci-fi twist I was talking about but it was Bruce Willis' character in the Fifth Element so I'm happy and the wife's happy.

To a new generation denying ignorance. Cheers.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

congratulations. be forewarned, boys break everything.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
That's cool, Corbin.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Pr0t0

congratulations. be forewarned, boys break everything.

Having 3 boys myself, I will back up that statement. Even things you would never, in a million years, think they would even bother with, much less break....will get broken. Example: toilet paper holder, butter dish, patio table umbrella, closet door in YOUR room...oh I could go on! That's just the current list of "need to fix" -ers

Michelle

top topics

<< 1   >>

join