It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel asks U.N. to help block planned Gaza flotilla

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel asked the United Nations on Friday to help prevent activists sailing to Gaza on the first anniversary of the bloody Israeli seizure of a Turkish ship that tried to reach the blockaded Palestinian enclave.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

A year already. Was anyone held accountable?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Would be interesting to know exactly what Israel expects from the UN - after all the UN wants the blockade removed entirely. Israel best be careful what they ask for.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Oh yeah, they were found innocent.......
The arrival of the Irani warship in Syrian port lately signals the comming attempt to run the Isreali illegal blockade of Gaza.
It is this event the ship was sent for in my opine.
I think there may be some very heavy consequences for blockade runners and Isrealis alike this time around.
I hope they both change their ways of confronting this situation, because if it all goes down same same, we are going to see war break out over it .
This situation has been worrying me since the Iranis sent their warship to the med.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Wow. I can't believe it's already been a year. Foolish move for them on their part. I really can't see the UN stepping in to help Israel prevent this new flotilla from reaching the strip. If anything their requested help might actually push the United Nations to demand an end to the occupation. Well lets hope at least.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Not much talk about it now..

However if they didn't go to the UN, or said they weren't going to, there would be 10000000 comments lol

new topics

top topics

join