It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan nuclear evacuation will be long-term

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Hi,

just found this very sad news on BBC:

The evacuation of residents near Japan's quake-hit Fukushima nuclear plant will be long-term, officials say.

I find this part of the article quite scary:

Highly radioactive water continues to leak at the plant; for the first time it has been found in groundwater 15m below reactor 1. Although it does not appear to have caused an immediate problem, there is a possibility it could eventually affect drinking water if concentrations were high enough.

On the same page there is an update about actual conditions of the 4 reactors. I have been praying for Japan yesterday, I will do it again today and tomorrow, after tomorrow......

BBC News

Hundroid

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

Be prepared to pray everyday for the next 30 or more years Hundroid. Supposedly that's how long it's going to take to scrap 4 of the 6 reactors.

Lets just hope those leaks end a little sooner though

Prepare for a mass exodus of the Japanese people.

Peace,

AS

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Of course the evacuation will be long term. It was pretty obvious early on that an area around the plant would most likely be uninhabitable for the next few hundred years. This is just more BS from Japanese officials pretending they've got any say in the matter. Like yesterday when they said the reactors would have to be scrapped - well DUH, of course they will. What next? "people will not be able to have a picnic on top of the reactors for several weeks"

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
They really only have a couple of months to stop the radioactivity leaking because once typhoon season starts, the typhoon winds will come out of the north east and drive the radioactivity directly at Tokyo and the rest of the country.

top topics

join