It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get rich scams: a revealing email exchange.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I'm pretty desperate for money. So when I see messages about how I can make money at home, I sometimes take a look. This time it started with a question I had about the Project Payday system. It seems a not-too-recent ploy by "marketers" is to set up "review" sites that pan competitors and then recommend a "real" system, which is just the one they're working for. So the next thing I know I'm looking at Rod Stinson's latest webinar.

He has this scheme where he offers a software package and instructions via other people. In exchange for him doing the sales work, he gets the first sale made by his "team member." Then if the guy who buys the package sells more, the person who got him in gets that sale. And so on down the line. All the software does is help the person who bought it find other people to sell it to. If he doesn't make two or three other sales, then he loses money. All he's selling is a marketing tool at a very inflated price. The price is inflated because of the promise of the money-making potential of the system. It's a kind of pyramid scheme.

So I didn't go ahead with it. But I kept getting emails from the guy whose site I went through to see the webinar trying to convince me to buy in. So I decided to write him an answer and it went like this:

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:59 AM I wrote:

Sorry, dude, but I don't think this is an ethical way to make money. Even if I could afford to try it I wouldn't.

People have to produce things for each other that are truly valuable or this planet is going to die.

I hope you can appreciate where I'm coming from.

He replied rather quickly with this:

I disagree very much.

The truth is that there is nothing you can do to save the planet, the world is passing away. The best thing you can do is repent come to Christ Jesus who saves, loves you and died for you and tell others the same because one day we will surely die and meet our maker in which one or two things will happen forever (Either go to heaven or Hell which are real).

This world will be judged then end anyways and all you can do is live for the Lord and provide for your family. This business is not begging you for your money at all, and legitimate money IS being made with or without you my friend. If your decision is to sit back and watch many have financial success while prices for everything increases as the world fades away I guess that is your choice my friend and I wish you the best of luck, however in any case make sure you're part of Jesus's flock which is the most important thing in life.

May Jesus bless you, (name)

(spelling errors corrected.)

Now this was an interesting response and one that I didn't totally expect. I wasn't so much interested in the fact that this person fancied himself a Christian. I was more intersted in the fact that he was apparently totally convinced that
"...there is nothing you can do to save the planet..."

I was looking into the face of raw, utter apathy. He wasn't even sad any more that this was going to happen. He had totally given up on the idea of having a future on this planet or any other, and, in my estimation, had thrown his social morals into the toilet in the bargain.

If you don't think that the real bloody-handed criminals of this planet don't have an attitude towards life very similar to this half-bit con man, then you haven't studied their propaganda very hard.

Others may comment on how religious doctrine plays into this game. I'm staying away from mentioning any of the common ones by name.

But if you want to convince someone that he should abandon his principles and his sense of community and think only of protecting himself, then you would have to:

A. Convince him that he was going to permanently die and there was nothing he could do about it.
B. Convince him that after he died he would be permanently happy, so that he would have a way to justify to himself and others his criminal behaviors.
C. Convince him that his criminal acts were OK and would not jeopardize the above scenario.

If you could accomplish A-C you could create anything from a petty criminal to a full-blown terrorist.
Testing a number of popular belief systems for A-C, they could probably be rated for how well they accomplish these points. And I would suggest that the highest-rated belief system would accompany the most deplorable behavior.

I also hope that it is not lost on anyone that:
"A" corresponds to the common secular attitude towards death, pushed by most forms of atheism.
"B" is a common theme in belief systems that require some concept of an afterlife. Getting the correct result here is usually tied to one's level of obedience.
"C" is a concept that has been pushed by various esoteric philosophies for a long time. Certainly most forms of Satanism or Luciferism give the "divinely inspired" a license to abandon traditional moral concepts. Certain prominent psychiatrists have also pushed the idea that traditional morality just gets in the way of doing the "right thing." Stories of "mind control" experiences are full of examples of how subjects are taught that the situation justifies the means.

We are up against a powerful technology for distorting human perceptions and decisions.

I hope that as the remedial technologies for this begin to come more strongly forward they are embraced and applied in time to make a difference.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Some Christians truly believe that there's nothing that can be done about the planet. They all believe that they're going to be raptured out of here, so they don't have to deal with it. The Bible says other wise.

.Deu 22:6 If a bird's nest chance to be before thee in the way in any tree, or on the ground, whether they be young ones, or eggs, and the dam sitting upon the young, or upon the eggs, thou shalt not take the dam with the young:

Deu 22:7 But thou shalt in any wise let the dam go, and take the young to thee; that it may be well with thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days.

An excerpt from John Gill's commentary.

Wherefore the intention of this law is to teach humanity, compassion, and pity in men to one another, and to forbid cruelty, covetousness, and such like vices; as also to instruct in the doctrine of Providence, which has a respect to birds; and our Lord may be thought to have this law in view,

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
don't sweat it too much.
there is more to life than money.

the con man you conversed with is not going where he thinks he is.
perhaps he should actually read his bible.

no need to worry about death.
this life is just a test for us.
you chose wisely to avoid stuff like that.

the elites plans to destroy the planet and 90% of the population may come about,
but after that, they will destroy themselves via their own narcissism.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
this is a good topic and i think it merits discussion because a communist method of making capitol in america should be illegal(and is a capitol conspiracy); and this pyramid scheme just like the earlier and present schemes(from tupperware to max int. and melaleuca) that are similar and equal are just as communistic in their ideal of capitol proliferation.

new topics

top topics

join