It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kanzius machine to treat cancer finally working??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Hi ATSers, the Kanzius machine has been discussed few times here at ATS in the past but after a quick search it seems there are no recent posts about it and the last developments. One of the main obstacles for this "machine" (I would say it's rather an "idea" - a very brilliant one) was the impossibility to zap with radio waves cancer cells flowing in the body (methastasis): Above Top Secret....

Well I checked the Kanzius Cancer Research Foundation and they are saying that the issue is now solved, by the use of gold nanoparticles with attached an antibody (the "navigator") able to reach tumor cells wherever they are. It seems a breakthrough, if it really works as they say we may be not so far from a cancer-free world. I really hope so.

Kanzius Cancer Foundation

At this URL you can find a video with this info.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
An article on Medical Device Daily says the following:

The organization got one step closer in getting the application ready to be used in human trials thanks to results of two studies published in the Dec. 2010 issue of the American Association of Cancer Research’s (Philadelphia) Clinical Cancer Research journal. The studies conducted by Steven Curley MD, and Evan Glazer show that RF fi elds can treat pancreatic tumors, which today, kill more than 95% of diagnosed patients. Studies found that noninvasive RF fi elds were effective in controlling relatively large malignant pancreatic tumors. Additionally, this process took place without any injury to surrounding tissue or changes in non-human subject behavior. “The ultimate goal for us, is to be able to get this device ready for human trials,” Neidig said. “And right now we’re about two and a half years away from doing that.” In both studies non-human subjects were exposed to 10 minutes of (RF) radiation followed by 36 hours of treatment using targeted gold nanoparticles (AuNP). This design shows that the Kanzius RF machine alongside these particular nanoparticles create an effective formula for controlling pancreatic cancer cells.

So it seems we are getting close for human trials, finally. I really do not understand why it is so difficult to get authorizations for human trials while patients must suffer pain distress and physical damage because of chemio/radio treatments. Shame on you, big pharma.

Medical Device Daily
edit on 1-4-2011 by Hundroid because: Forgot the link

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Cancer is by far the most profitable disease in history,
everything requires a motive, there is no real profit to be had from a cure.

If there is ever a cure for cancer or HIV, it will come from a 'vigilante' lab not
a pharma corp. sadly..

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I have been watching for developments on this device since I saw it featured on 60 Minutes several years ago. I was really blown away by the possibilities.

Sadly, the inventor died before this invention could hit the mainstream---but his partner is still trying to perfect it and market it.

Since Cancer is such a big money maker, I doubt they'll let this invention see the light of day......

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Here's something interesting:

The National Cancer Institute actually awarded this project 2.1 million dollars.

Now, on the outset, this seems like a really nice thing to do. But I don't trust it.

One one hand, the NCI had to make a good showing in regards to this project. The studies look promising, so if they ignored the Kansius research, they'd look like they weren't FOR curing cancer.

On the other hand---if the Kansius research looks so promising and the NCI is THE primary cancer fighting organization in the world...

well, then 2.1 million looks a little paltry. Don't ya think?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

then 2.1 million looks a little paltry. Don't ya think?

Absolutely. It's a project that IMO should be funded by the whole planet, 2.1 million is really ridiculous. The human being is a very strange animal, when there is something useful for him, he refuses it.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

By the way, I just gave you the 666th star...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

It's basically diathermy. Big deal.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Very interesting..

I'll be reviewing their published research when I have time. This seems like a practical method to destroying cancer cells.

To other posters: The reason this will take awhile is because they have to be sure that the antibodies attached to the to the nano particles won't target any other cells. As they are many thousands of different types of cells (and millions, billions of cells togthether) they need to assure these gold nanoparticles do not bind into the heart.
Remember that just because of the fact that they seem sure in their method doesn't mean their method is sure. It's not a conspiracy necessarily, the government just does not move fast. If they can show effective results in trials, then it should probably be available for treatment within a couple of years..

Can you imagine the effect of something like that? The heart would be destroyed almost instantly, or surely. That's why it will take some time for human trials.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hundroid
An article on Medical Device Daily says the following:

The organization got one step closer in getting the application ready to be used in human trials thanks to results of two studies published in the Dec. 2010 issue of the American Association of Cancer Research’s (Philadelphia) Clinical Cancer Research journal. The studies conducted by Steven Curley MD, and Evan Glazer show that RF fi elds can treat pancreatic tumors, which today, kill more than 95% of diagnosed patients. Studies found that noninvasive RF fi elds were effective in controlling relatively large malignant pancreatic tumors. Additionally, this process took place without any injury to surrounding tissue or changes in non-human subject behavior. “The ultimate goal for us, is to be able to get this device ready for human trials,” Neidig said. “And right now we’re about two and a half years away from doing that.” In both studies non-human subjects were exposed to 10 minutes of (RF) radiation followed by 36 hours of treatment using targeted gold nanoparticles (AuNP). This design shows that the Kanzius RF machine alongside these particular nanoparticles create an effective formula for controlling pancreatic cancer cells.

So it seems we are getting close for human trials, finally. I really do not understand why it is so difficult to get authorizations for human trials while patients must suffer pain distress and physical damage because of chemio/radio treatments. Shame on you, big pharma.

Medical Device Daily
edit on 1-4-2011 by Hundroid because: Forgot the link

As someone who works in the area I can tell you that research teams moving on to human trials aren't blocked by big pharma, they are blocked by ethics committees. For good reason, as you could well imagine. There is a requirement that anything moving that far into clinical trials must have a very extensive portfolio of toxiciology studies done first - both in in vitro systems and in animal models. Human trials are really just a confirmation that 'yes, it works' and 'no, there are no terrible side affects that out weigh therapeutic benefits'. Also, in relation to your big pharma comment - if big pharma have funded the research up until the human trial point, they have already spent well into the hundreds of millions of dollars on it. There is no reason why they would want to try and stop it. If they aren't funding it, well to be frank, they aren't exactly in a position where they could stop an independent research group from performing research.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Very interesting..

I'll be reviewing their published research when I have time. This seems like a practical method to destroying cancer cells.

To other posters: The reason this will take awhile is because they have to be sure that the antibodies attached to the to the nano particles won't target any other cells. As they are many thousands of different types of cells (and millions, billions of cells togthether) they need to assure these gold nanoparticles do not bind into the heart.
Remember that just because of the fact that they seem sure in their method doesn't mean their method is sure. It's not a conspiracy necessarily, the government just does not move fast. If they can show effective results in trials, then it should probably be available for treatment within a couple of years..

Can you imagine the effect of something like that? The heart would be destroyed almost instantly, or surely. That's why it will take some time for human trials.

Their reasons aren't usually so specific. By the human trial stage, whether or not the drug has a preference towards other, non-diseased tissues should have most definitely been worked out as best as it can be in animals, etc. As well as the issues of binding, you have to make doubly sure it has a good bioavailability - it should persist in the body for a decent amount of time, but not so long that it becomes a health hazard. You would also need to ensure that the nanoparticle, polymers and other formulation additives (these things are normally coated in polymers to increase bioabsorption) don't have additional, unforeseen side-affects. You need to further investigate pharmakokinetic parameters - i.e. the effectiveness and toxicological issues with increasing doses over time.

There are all sorts of things to consider. You have to understand, these things take mountains of time. Most sources will quote between 10-20 years and close to $1 billion for one drug compound to make it from discovery to the market. It's a massive hinderance, for sure. But if it weren't for the hurdles, there would be a lot of people dead or worse off from drugs that made it to market that weren't thoroughly tested and as such, were to toxic and/or just didn't work.

new topics

top topics

join