Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The site owners will have lost all and any credibility they ever had.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Thanks OP, glad it wasn't me today.

Those candidates have spooky eyes.

Well done, ATS.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

It was meant to be light hearted humour mate, I meant no offense by it

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

I appreciate your trying to be funny with your pictures but the second one you posted is pretty damn offensive..
There is no need to use an image of a disadvantaged child to try and get a few "laughs" on a forum from people you don't know.
What an ass!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Read my post above yours.

Some people just have no sense of humour.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Read my post above yours.

Some people just have no sense of humour.

You posted that while I was writing my reply..

If you or anyone else find stuff like that funny then your just sick.. It's not about having a sense of humor, to laugh at the disadvantaged..

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

left me in hysterics, i do feel a bit guilty for finding that bottom pic so funny but it cheered me up for the day.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

OK, way to turn a joke into something its not mate.

You dont find it funny? Here's a novel thought....

DON'T LOOK

PS: I noticed you aren't sticking up for the poor, disadvantaged birds at all - what are you, some sort of Humanist? Got something against birds do you? You make me sick.

Oh and just in case you are wondering - that was also a joke. I know you seem to have trouble discerning what is and isnt funny so I thought it best to clarify.
edit on 1/4/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I forgot is was April Fool's Day. I think it's funny. And hey, if they won, I guess we would all be invited to the White House for dinner.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Don't worry man, they got me too. I was about to start ranting myself, then remembered the date.

I've been working too much to even know what day it is most of the time. Should have remembered this one, though.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
I forgot is was April Fool's Day. I think it's funny. And hey, if they won, I guess we would all be invited to the White House for dinner.

I would show up for the dinner as long as everything served was covered with tin foil

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Oh and your avatar offends me greatly, remove it now please.

Also a joke.......

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Is it a bit "sick"? Sure, a little, but it's also pretty humorous. In the spirit of the day... try to lighten up a bit.

Sometimes treating everyone equally means that anyone and everyone is open to a little bit of ribbing from time to time, and the moment one decides there's a person or group that's not "fair" to be treated equally... that's when there's a real problem.
edit on 4/1/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

Sometimes treating everyone equally means that anyone and everyone is open to a little bit of ribbing, and the moment one decides there's a person or group that's not "fair" to be treated equally... that's when there's a real problem.

As someone who works with the developmentally disabled, I have to agree with this post... Also I am not gonna lie, I am not that offended by it. Being offended by it shows an unwillingness to accept the fact that some people have a developmental disability and if you can't accept something, it makes it harder to practically try to improve any possible negative conditions related to the issue.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by maybee

I would show up for the dinner as long as everything served was covered with tin foil

And... as part of the dress code, tin foil hats will be required. I think I'll make an extra-fancy one for such an occasion. Maybe add some nice flowers or something.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

OK, way to turn a joke into something its not mate.

You dont find it funny? Here's a novel thought....

DON'T LOOK

PS: I noticed you aren't sticking up for the poor, disadvantaged birds at all - what are you, some sort of Humanist? Got something against birds do you? You make me sick.

Oh and just in case you are wondering - that was also a joke. I know you seem to have trouble discerning what is and isnt funny so I thought it best to clarify.

I would rather not see things like that, put it's hard not to notice a big picture in my face..
Imagine how that child or her parents would feel if they saw that, because you were lucky enough to be born into this world as a healthy individual, you shouldn't mock people who wasn't so lucky..
It must be hard enough for people with disability
In today's world, without having to put up with people like yourself aswell..

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by routerboy

You couldn't tell ???????

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I am not really offended by the picture but I'm damn sure the little girls parents would be. Definitely a bit below the belt.My wife's friend has a child with downs syndrome ( if that is what she has ) and I can assure you its no laughing matter. And believe me I am a huge p$$$ taker.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by verb206

Originally posted by redmage

Sometimes treating everyone equally means that anyone and everyone is open to a little bit of ribbing, and the moment one decides there's a person or group that's not "fair" to be treated equally... that's when there's a real problem.

As someone who works with the developmentally disabled, I have to agree with this post... Also I am not gonna lie, I am not that offended by it. Being offended by it shows an unwillingness to accept the fact that some people have a developmental disability and if you can't accept something, it makes it harder to practically try to improve any possible negative conditions related to the issue.

Come on people!! There are thousands of images the guy could have used to get his point across, but he chose to use an image of a disabled CHILD with and offensive text to do so..
I also work with disadvantaged people and I know they have a hard enough time without having to up with this form of racism aswell..

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Oh for crying out loud, did it occur to you that YOU are the only person making a big deal out of this?

And I see you haven't removed your avatar yet, I will remind you that it greatly offends me.

GET OVER IT.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join