It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to End Air Combat Role in Libya as Qaddafi Makes Gains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

U.S. to End Air Combat Role in Libya as Qaddafi Makes Gains

link

We have decide now stop bombing Libyan forces. It seems we now are of the position of not taking sides.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1/4/11 by masqua because: Edited title and fixed link

edit on Fri Apr 1 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: another attempt at title edit

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Well I'm confused If we were not going to take sides shouldn't we have decided that 650 million dollars ago. My guess is now that we have got to know the Libyan Rebels we realize they actually are the same terrorists that US Forces are fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq. Well that is kinda embarrassing for some of our leaders I would Imagine. What do you all think of this? It's really a no win and I don't believe we should have gotten involved.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4/1/2011 by JerryB08 because: I can't type

edit on 1/4/11 by masqua because: Fixed link

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

Your link didnt work for me so I googled the title and found it.

www.foxnews.com...

This is a very confusing move, especially after all that money spent/wasted.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Well it appears they are looking for other countries in NATO to step up and continue with the mission. I'm wondering what is anyone of these countries doing currently with Ghaddafi's forces regaining territory.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
The US doesn't have to be the lead honcho on everything; not even militarily. With all the other countries in Europe, all of whom are closer to Libya, taking on the challenge, the US should keep its involvement at an absolute minimum -- you can have a legitimate supportive role without being in charge all the time.

Get over it, but thanks for your help anyway thus far.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This doesn't bode well for Syria, if this is true.

France and the UK will be able to handle Libya just fine.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal

www.foxnews.com...

I wasn't sure if this was a joke or not being that it's April Fool's Day but I did just see this on CNN this morning. April Fool's has me all paranoid...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
They are doing exactly what americans want them to do.

Look at what Graham says: "The idea that the AC-130s and the A-10s and American air power is grounded unless the place goes to hell is just so unnerving that I can't express it adequately," Graham said. "The only thing I would ask is, please reconsider that."

That is exactly what we should be doing. We are not there to invade and occupy, we have helped to enforce the no fly zone in order to help protect civilians. Our nato support position was upheld. Nato can handle the rest and our planes should be down unless nato forces operations go to crap. Ya dumbass.

edit on 1-4-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

This is a very confusing move,

Why is it 'confusing'? We were told from the beginning this would be a 'limited' action.

especially after all that money spent/wasted.

Interesting logic. So, because we spent money on a military action, you feel the only logical step is to CONTINUE to spend money there?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
geez, it's not like we didn't try to tell them
that they were providing air cover for the enemy
in Iraq a week ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

now an even bigger question.

France and UK and some Muslim nations are continuing
to bomb Gadaffi and protect Al Queda forces on the ground.
Does that make them our enemy since they are providing
air cover for Al Queda ??? last I checked we were still
bombing Al Queda in Pakistan and Yemen.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

France and UK and some Muslim nations are continuing
to bomb Gadaffi and protect Al Queda forces on the ground.

Al Queda? You have some documentation of that? Or do you just frame baseless opinions as fact?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
Al Queda? You have some documentation of that? Or do you just frame baseless opinions as fact?

undoubtedly you are blind.
I posted a link to the thread
which contains the info.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

My apologies. I thought you tended to reject info from HuffPo out of hand. Now I see you blindly accept it as fact. Hard to keep up.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
And it just goes back to Since I say its true, you have to agree because I read it at www.youragullablegoober.com

Truth is, Gaddafi started the Al Qaida lies so he could blame someone for his nations instability and some people bought into it, then made a whole deal about it. I didn't have to write an articulate thread about that, he said it himself, Al Qaida was putting something in the coffee!

There you go and every goober on ats who hears Al Qaida wants to find the conspiracy of destabilization and how Al Qaida is run by the CIA. You people will believe what you want to believe and nothing else but just remember that just because your flock follows another shephard, it doesn't mean your not being led by yet,another shephard.

And no sorry Boon, you don't get my vote.
I hate the way you type. lol

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

It's not confusing at all....

CIA is on the ground... We will be able to get what we want without having the US name stamped on it...

This has been the plan the entire time....

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
These "wars" suck for many, many, reasons.

Ghadaffi is laughing because he's still alive and military not disbanded. Iraq, Afghan, Libya, Pakistan...
These are not all-out convenational wars. If U.S wanted to level Libya, it'd look x10 worse than ground-zero in 24 hours.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The reason the US is backing up is because Rand Paul is gaining momentum in congress. This war was illegal and it is well known by congress and the military. I forgot which general told congress that they were putting more soldiers in harms way when there was not threat to your defence.

What the US basically did was supply the rebel movement with air power yet no one knows who the rebels are! Rumors flying around indicate there is some Taliban element as well as some Hezbullah. Remember last time the US armed a militia group? It turned out Osama was their leader and they not only hated the soviets but the US as well.

YOU CAN'T BACK UP REBEL GROUPS AND OVERTHROW REGIMES AT WILL! It is ridiculous to think you can always make peace by bombing nations to the stoneage.
edit on 1-4-2011 by Equinox99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
The US doesn't have to be the lead honcho on everything; not even militarily. With all the other countries in Europe, all of whom are closer to Libya, taking on the challenge, the US should keep its involvement at an absolute minimum -- you can have a legitimate supportive role without being in charge all the time.

Get over it, but thanks for your help anyway thus far.

I agree with you. It's mostly Europeans war yet i find it funny that anti-Americans think it's mostly our war. It's always easier for them to deny facts that it was their war. Good for them, let europe handle it and we got dragged into it. Because most of the Libyan rebels have Al-Qaeda links too.

top topics

join